Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it still called a "FRUNK" in Australia? What about other countries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just was thinking about this today as my hubby is Aussie and we sometimes still have little word confusions when I ask him to get things. For example, it's a 'boot' not a trunk. So is it a 'froot' in OZ? or still a "frunk"?

And what about other countries? I assume their display controls are in the native language?

Just curious...:confused:

There was a post elsewhere on TMC where a poster from the UK called it a froot.

BTW, I heard from a local Tesla service guy that the folks at Freemont are trying to get away from the term "frunk", preferring "front trunk". But it will always be a frunk to me. :)

Well, I hear that Tesla now is urging folks to consider it a "bow trunk", which they call a "bunk".

Because, as we all know, one of Henry Ford's most famous quotations was "All history is bunk". And here's the proof!

Just was thinking about this today as my hubby is Aussie and we sometimes still have little word confusions when I ask him to get things. For example, it's a 'boot' not a trunk. So is it a 'froot' in OZ? or still a "frunk"?

And what about other countries? I assume their display controls are in the native language?

Just curious...:confused:

If you've grown up with 'roos, you'd call it a pouch, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a post elsewhere on TMC where a poster from the UK called it a froot.

BTW, I heard from a local Tesla service guy that the folks at Freemont are trying to get away from the term "frunk", preferring "front trunk". But it will always be a frunk to me. :)

How weird! Why would they want to get away from that? I think it's pretty strongly ingrained by now in the US, and in the UK, you'd still have to call it a "front boot", so, what's the point?

It's been a frunk around here, for over 3 years. The hole below the rear trunk is the "well".

What do they call that? A negative gas tank space?

Well, I hear that Tesla now is urging folks to consider it a "bow trunk", which they call a "bunk".

This was a joke right? Because would make the trunk at the rear of the car the "stern trunk" ("sunk")? :)

JenniferQ: My wife grew up in Hong Kong and Australia, as many of us know these are both places where "real English" is spoken. She regularly uses the terms "boot", "bonnet", and "windscreen", but she calls the place where you put stuff at the front of a Model S the "frunk", same as me (Chinese from Central California). And yeah after being married for 15 years we each still have some head-scratching "huh?" moments over something the other said.