Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it ugly? (Poll)

Rate the Model 3's look

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree the front is ugly, I like the s but the x front is very ugly and plain, I know it doesn't need one but a simulated grill type area like the S looks much better, especially for those of us in states that require a front plate

Overall I like it, best looking all electric vehicle in is price range. Not excited about the nose or the computer screen interior. This could change for the actual production vehicle. In the end what really matters is what the general public that would buy this car think about it.

I like the Model 3 overall. Mostly b/c it reminds me of the Model S which I love.

I'm a little confused with why 1 or the 3 cars shown had different, Model S-like, door handles and the other 2 didn't.

Also, as much as I understand that putting the big sheet of glass in the rear gives the rear passengers some much appreciated headroom, the one first drive video I have seen so far makes it seem like the front wind shield is a bit too cramped and stout for my tastes. I would have reversed the two if possible. Never mind that for so many people the rear seats will only get occasional use.

The nose cone is slowly growing on me.. tho I cannot for the life of me believe that a near vertical nose cone like that helps with the coefficient of drag. I am, however, not an expert on such matters and perhaps the "battering-ram" style nose cone punching through the air is the best way to go.

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the price. and so I voted a solid 7. I think they have done a wonderful job so far given the constraints.

I also suspect they will put auto-pilot feedback somewhere in front of the driver in the final iteration.

People will see what they want to see. Musk could roll out a Yugo and Tesla groupies would love it. To me, the 3 looks like a squished Model S with a less attractive front end and a pushed in rear. And the front end reminds me of Sally from the Disney movie Cars. Obviously changes will be made but if Musk doesn't make the car more attractive then the superficial crowd will stick to BMW, Audi, etc.

Outside of the anti-fossil fuel crowd, I'm not sure the entry level luxury driver will buy a Model 3 over a BMW.

People will see what they want to see. Musk could roll out a Yugo and Tesla groupies would love it. To me, the 3 looks like a squished Model S with a less attractive front end and a pushed in rear. And the front end reminds me of Sally from the Disney movie Cars. Obviously changes will be made but if Musk doesn't make the car more attractive then the superficial crowd will stick to BMW, Audi, etc.

Outside of the anti-fossil fuel crowd, I'm not sure the entry level luxury driver will buy a Model 3 over a BMW.
Maybe youre right but the front isn't finalized. I bet they'll tweak it a bit just like they did with the Model S an X. That Panoramic glass is stunning. So there's some good and bad to the design. I bet they'll add a grill of some sort to the front anyways

For some reason, I thought this might be a good place to post this.
This is what you get when you google "Tesla" this morning.

a picture of a BOLT!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 9.33.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 9.33.02 AM.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Funny
Reactions: GoTslaGo
I think it's great. Seems like the three cars where each a little different to spur this kind of discussion. My wife who is going to be the actual driver of the ≡ and a friend that also has a reservation in really like the red one. Do the ladies appear to like the red one?

I think with enough time and pictures I can get a bad photo of any car at the right angle and lighting.
I imagine Tesla will tweek the front a bit but I can live with what is offered pretty easily.

Much better than the X
Yes, I like it a lot more than the X. It was pretty much what I expected. As others put it, the front looks like a Panamera (the only good looking part of a Panamera).

I'm happy the side profile and rear end does not have the bulbous look of the X (which understandably is to accommodate the 3rd row), but rather keeps the sleek lines of the S. I'm more disappointed that there is no hatch, but rather it is a trunk.

I was slightly disappointed when I saw it come on stage. The nose got me but then I let it sit for the night and looked at some pictures, compared it to the Bolt, and there is no question now that it is a sexy car. I said this in another thread, the Bolt looks like what you would expect an EV car for $35k should look like. The 3 looks like sex and like it should cost 3x that.

Folks ...pls don't underestimate how much ( this time around ) Musk and company are concerned about showing too many cards this early to their competition ! This goes for both the exterior and the interior. The front nose/grill is the easiest thing among other things to change.

Also, I won't be surprised if they are looking to folks like us for feedback. I believe women, for one thing, would find the front TOO Masculine ! So, I hope Tesla is listening. My daughter's instant comment at the live unveil, btw.

Folks ...pls don't underestimate how much ( this time around ) Musk and company are concerned about showing too many cards this early to their competition ! This goes for both the exterior and the interior. The front nose/grill is the easiest thing among other things to change.

Also, I won't be surprised if they are looking to folks like us for feedback. I believe women, for one thing, would find the front TOO Masculine ! So, I hope Tesla is listening. My daughter's instant comment at the live unveil, btw.

Having noticed that more than 85 % of the people in line ( from global pics) were men , I think Tesla needs to pick up the optics for women who make up 50 PC of the market and are generally undeserved ( when the designers and primary decision makers are largely men !!!) . please LISTEN Tesla !

I'd like to see the non-matte colors without chrome to see how that impacts the "look". I realize not everyone likes matte finishes, but (opinion coming) you can't deny how much more aggressive that finish,with no chrome, looked than the traditional finishes.

In my opinion, the front will change. I'm no design guru but it seems too flat compared to the gradual lines of the rest of the body. Perhaps it is just a shock at seeing a vehicle with no grille, but at first glance that is the only part of the body that gives me pause. The rear is fairly minimalist too, but there are a number of cars with similarly styled rear ends.

My first impression was that it reminded me of the S, only the 'mini' S. Similar to the Corolla is size? They've shrunk the trunks, making it smaller but on the same chassis/battery platform. Simple clean design with some awesome curves, in particular the midships and back, roof is radical. The display does not look fitted, maybe they need to mount at an angle towards driver. Just my two cents. I do like the dark silver, making way from my usual preference of silver.

You could not be more wrong.

Love it, particularly the sloping roof line back to the tail. In comparison, the Leaf, i3 and other all-electrics, are butt-ugly to me. (No offense to owners of those care that appreciate their look, but style is in the eye of the beholder.)

I'm a woman and I love the front. After watching the ride videos that showed the car from all angles - I love it even more.

The only thing I wish they'd change is the trunk - I love the lift back of our S. But it wouldn't stop me from buying the car.