Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my M3 a showroom car &other issue? Help needed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I am new here and would like to get some help with my questions. Much appreciated.

I ordered my M3 on 19-JUL and, after only two days I received a call saying my order is scheduled to delivery very soon. The car was delivered home on 31-JUL. I had similar delivery experience with some folks here: the delivery was late, in a hurry and no walkthrough/guidance was provided. It was not good. I needed to go back to work so I didn't spend much time checking the car. However, I found strange details when I came home in the evening.

The car I ordered is RWD, White, 18'' Wheels with NO EAP, but on the windshield sticker, it has the EAP in the options (see attached pic) for the same VIN number 035XXX. The car was manufactured in June by the VIN info. A stranger issue is the odometer reading has been fixed at zero, even after it was driven by the delivery guy from 'the pier'. It remains 0 after a short test drive by myself in the evening.

I suspect my car is probably a showroom/rejected car so I will do a more thorough check tomorrow in the daylight. Does anyone know how to find out if this is true? What do I do with the Zero odometer? Is it a big issue?
After reading the posts here, I felt regret not checking the car or maybe rejecting the delivery, but if there are other 'defects' on the car, any suggestion on what to do with them?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    865.2 KB · Views: 113
No way to check if rejected ....Tesla stockpiled a lot of cars that’s why delivery time is short now for RWD ..you car could have been a stockpiled car that with a quick software change remove the EAP and match config u ordered ..the speedo thing just schedule for mobile service ..also if your car just got software updated try rebooting as well

Reactions: Fudd
No way to check if rejected ....Tesla stockpiled a lot of cars that’s why delivery time is short now for RWD ..you car could have been a stockpiled car that with a quick software change remove the EAP and match config u ordered ..the speedo thing just schedule for mobile service ..also if your car just got software updated try rebooting as well

Thanks for the information.

[Updates]:
Found another issue yesterday that the battery drains about 10~12miles per day just sitting in the garage. Talked with customer service, there's going to be a battery replacement. Despite the TSLA doing great with share prices today, the issues are really frustrating.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Really hate to be this way, but...............First time poster asking a forum for help with his odometer issues and insinuating Tesla may have slipped him a used car? Really wish these short sellers would try a little harder. #fail

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Hello everyone,

I am new here and would like to get some help with my questions. Much appreciated.

I ordered my M3 on 19-JUL and, after only two days I received a call saying my order is scheduled to delivery very soon. The car was delivered home on 31-JUL. I had similar delivery experience with some folks here: the delivery was late, in a hurry and no walkthrough/guidance was provided. It was not good. I needed to go back to work so I didn't spend much time checking the car. However, I found strange details when I came home in the evening.

The car I ordered is RWD, White, 18'' Wheels with NO EAP, but on the windshield sticker, it has the EAP in the options (see attached pic) for the same VIN number 035XXX. The car was manufactured in June by the VIN info. A stranger issue is the odometer reading has been fixed at zero, even after it was driven by the delivery guy from 'the pier'. It remains 0 after a short test drive by myself in the evening.

I suspect my car is probably a showroom/rejected car so I will do a more thorough check tomorrow in the daylight. Does anyone know how to find out if this is true? What do I do with the Zero odometer? Is it a big issue?
After reading the posts here, I felt regret not checking the car or maybe rejecting the delivery, but if there are other 'defects' on the car, any suggestion on what to do with them?

Thank you!
I have a ~31k VIN getting delivered on Wednesday (same model as you, but with FSD/EAP). This link, Model 3 Order Tracker #4 (Troy: There are a few identical files to avoid overcrowding), has a ton of information on vehicle deliveries. It is pretty clear that Tesla was storing a lot of model 3s around the East Coast, many of them built in June. I initially had the same concern you did, thinking I was getting a reject, but have now concluded that is most likely not the case. If the only problem you have is a odometer that stays at zero, you should be very happy. It is easy to fix. Bad paint, poorly aligned panels, etc would concern me more.

Reactions: suwaneedad
I have a ~31k VIN getting delivered on Wednesday (same model as you, but with FSD/EAP). This link, Model 3 Order Tracker #4 (Troy: There are a few identical files to avoid overcrowding), has a ton of information on vehicle deliveries. It is pretty clear that Tesla was storing a lot of model 3s around the East Coast, many of them built in June. I initially had the same concern you did, thinking I was getting a reject, but have now concluded that is most likely not the case. If the only problem you have is a odometer that stays at zero, you should be very happy. It is easy to fix. Bad paint, poorly aligned panels, etc would concern me more.

Thanks for the link. Yes, I am happy that I didn't find any issue with the paint/body so far. Tesla will send someone to fix the odometer tomorrow because the SC schedules are full. Still waiting for the appointment for battery replacement.

I thought all the showroom cars were red with 19 inchers?

Yea after reading other threads I think it's more like a rejected car. Otherwise I don't think I can get a delivery within 10 days of ordering. I am okay with getting a rejected car earlier as it saved me a ~ 1.5K from my current car lease. I just wanted to know if there's a way to tell the reason that it was rejected.

Unfortunately it's the main pack. :(
Hello everyone,

Thank you!
Question: your window sticker has the pre-July white paint cost of $1000. Did they charge you $1000 or $1500 for paint? I'm curious how they handle this.