Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is performance boost still available for for Model 3 AWD [ Yes ]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our dual motor model y offers a performance upgrade via software for $2k. I'm getting ready to order a model 3. Does the dual motor long range non-performance also offer a performance upgrade bump for $2k? I'd order a performance model, but it will cost well over $55k, which is the alleged cut-off for the $7,500 tax credit.

Thanks!

Geno

I took delivery of my 3LR late last month.

Bough the acceleration boost last week from my phone.

Car went from very quick to making it seem like everyone is standing still. Very perceptible for what should be only a marginal boost.

Very cool. I suggest you get it If you enjoy strong acceleration. It’s one of the cheapest, fastest, and least risky horsepower boosts you’ll find for any vehicle per horsepower.

Car does not feel any less controllable either. I can still putter around like an old man, but then the 30-60mph blast is just plain silly fun now.

• Informative
Reactions: CheapBastid
I took delivery of my 3LR late last month.

Bough the acceleration boost last week from my phone.

Car went from very quick to making it seem like everyone is standing still. Very perceptible for what should be only a marginal boost.

Very cool. I suggest you get it If you enjoy strong acceleration. It’s one of the cheapest, fastest, and least risky horsepower boosts you’ll find for any vehicle per horsepower.

Car does not feel any less controllable either. I can still putter around like an old man, but then the 30-60mph blast is just plain silly fun now.
Curious does buying the boost replace the drive mode or add an additional performance mode option? would be nice to have 3 drive modes after the update.

Our dual motor model y offers a performance upgrade via software for $2k. I'm getting ready to order a model 3. Does the dual motor long range non-performance also offer a performance upgrade bump for $2k? I'd order a performance model, but it will cost well over $55k, which is the alleged cut-off for the $7,500 tax credit.

Thanks!

Geno
The tax credit is dead for Tesla's. Unless something has changed.