Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Model X spoiler fixed or retractable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adaptive only has three states - up visibility, up aero, and down. Are you sure that it doesn't tilt slightly more at speeds above 45mph? If not, then you're the first without that state.
Dude, yer right. I saw an in-between position on the Freeway today. Upright gives max viewing out, but that aero tilts down slightly and noticeably blocks some rear view (no complaints though), that's how I noticed it.

I think the word fixed is misleading, I cannot believe that when you park the spoiler would stay in the up position at all times. Even on the 90 and 75 it should go into position when driving and retract when parked.
And if that's the case, there's no excuse not to add the third aero position.

If Tesla keeps the wording on the configuration page and plans to make good on it, the only option is a spoiled fixed in the upright position. More than likely, they're just change the phrasing on the configuration page and keep the motorized spoiler on all models.

Reactions: emchen
It's possible the "non-active" spoiler is coming sooner than later. The design studio car images now only show the spoiler retracted when viewing a P90D. (I don't think it did this before?)

Retracted on which version? Right now the image shows not-retracted on the 90D and 75D, and retracted on P90D.
It has been this way since day one of the design studio. Yes, I've had access since day one. ;)

This would be considered fixed as it does not move or retract back much like the subaru sti.

There's really no denying it. If Tesla called the spoiler fixed while the other is active. It can only really mean that the spoiler does not move electronically/manually and is stationary.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Funny
Reactions: emchen and Roentgen