Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this check real?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C913B209-9ED9-4E43-B00D-01A5EC1AE10C.jpeg
Got this in the mail today. Not sure if this is legit or a scam. I know there was some type of lawsuit going on regarding autopilot. Not sure if this is related
Anyone else get this?

• Informative
Reactions: BlindBanana
Yeah, can you believe it? Someone doesn't get a feature as fast as they want and sues. Boo-hoo. I ordered my S with full self driving knowing it could be a long time before the technology and laws permitted the car to drive itself. But then we do live in an age of instant gratification.

Cool story bro. This suit has nothing to do with full self driving, but rather the “enhanced autopilot” features that Tesla told tens of thousands of buyers would be available in December 2016 but have yet to fully deliver.

And the lawyers made how much?

Yea, class action attorney compensation should be more realistic but without them no one gets anything and Tesla keeps deceiving customers. They got almost 1M for class counsel and other attorneys (and experts). Named plaintiffs got like $5k I think. You could've objected if you really cared. Honestly the Judge is the one that shoulders the blame for inequitable distribution and approving the settlement. Judges need to stand up and hold attorneys accountable for fair compensation that does not drain rewards for harmed plaintiffs.

Reactions: GreenT
Yeah, can you believe it? Someone doesn't get a feature as fast as they want and sues. Boo-hoo. I ordered my S with full self driving knowing it could be a long time before the technology and laws permitted the car to drive itself. But then we do live in an age of instant gratification.

It was due the the loss of functionality when the system switched from AP 1.0 to AP2.0. During that period, AP1 functionality was reasonably expected because the current cars had it but was not actually available on the delivered cars.

Time line:
AP1-> assisted driving
First AP2 deliveries -> nothing
Later AP2 deliveries and OTA updated first deliveries -> increasing levels of functionality

• Love
Reactions: croman and brkaus
The most you can get is $210??? Wow - I'm sure if you had gone to Tesla, you might have received a little bit more than that. Actually, I would have been willing to help you out if you were that desperate for money. My father told me when I was young, that the only ones who win in a lawsuit are the lawyers. This just proves that to me. Tesla is doing so much good for us and the planet. Because of them, I am now driving a beautiful Jaguar i-Pace - it may be just a city car, but it drives wonderfully. Jaguar never would have made this vehicle if it wasn't for Tesla showing the world that you can make compelling, beautiful electric vehicles for a profit. I sometimes wish I could have autopilot - but it would cost way more than $10,000 to trade up. I am still very happy with my 2014 Tesla Model S with 160,000 miles. I used it to drive to New York and back and I have made several trips to Washington State and Texas. I also go back and forth from Arizona to California a lot. I love Tesla and I am really looking forward to seeing the Model Y.

Brent

Can anyone else receiving checks and posting pictures be sure to include the entire routing number? It makes them a lot easier to deposit. Thanks! ;)

The most you can get is $210???
View attachment 367463
The highest amount is $280 but some have reported receiving slightly higher amounts, but still less than $290.

Others opted out of the class action lawsuit, to enable them to potentially obtain larger refunds in the future or because they didn't want to receive a refund.