Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this loose rubbery thing a problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BrianZ

Supporting Member
May 30, 2018
California
3D1A7506-709F-4CC7-8622-0ABA04641D77.jpeg

I don't even know how to describe this. But this rubbery thing underneath the car is drooping a bit. It happens on both sides of the car. I have another model 3 that doesn't have this problem. Does anyone know anything about this? Tesla wants to charge me $100 just to take a look at the problem even though the car is under warranty.

Thanks everyone

View attachment 802253

I don't even know how to describe this. But this rubbery thing underneath the car is drooping a bit. It happens on both sides of the car. I have another model 3 that doesn't have this problem. Does anyone know anything about this? Tesla wants to charge me $100 just to take a look at the problem even though the car is under warranty.

Thanks everyone
It's cosmetic. Maybe superglue would fix it?

If the clips are damaged, it will eventually fall down and need to be replaced. I had to replace mine and I think it was around $250. Mine was damaged when I ran over a curb trying to get out of the way of a fire truck.

Judging by the marks to the left of this overhanging thingy, it looks a though the car went over something. The paint appears to have some fine scratches too. There might be more to this than meets the eye, so to speak.

From the picture, its definitely scraped (it didnt "just fall down there"), so the OP statement of "I have another model 3 that doesnt have this problem" might be because they didnt run over whatever it was that caused those scrapes on that part and the body colored part above it.

View attachment 802253

Thanks everyone
Push on the arrows.
3D1A7506-709F-4CC7-8622-0ABA04641D77 copy.jpg