Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t put words in her mouth and put out partial quotes. Let people see it and make up their own mind.

What I understood is that the Palestinian mainstream curriculum (including text books) and schools are funded by Western institutions such as the World Bank & the European Union. I am not delusional enough to think that such “reputed” institutions in the west such as the World Bank & EU will fund something without actually monitoring what they fund. But others are free to make up their own mind.

As shown above in my previous post, according to the ADL, saying “Intifada” is not antisemitic or even showing hostility to Jews.

Intifada isn’t antisemtic? (moderator edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jigglypuff
I believe I quoted her accurately.

The anti-Semitism pumped out of UNRWA supported schools is well documented.

The Palestinians we see supporting Hamas and Islamic Jihad did not become murderous psychopathic death-cults without some major indoctrination.

Lot of hand waving distractions attempt there. She is talking about World Bank and EU funded schools in Occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem. She never mentioned UNRWA schools. Apples and oranges.

Something tells me that you don’t want people to listen to an Israeli citizen whose daughter was a victim of a Palestinian suicide attack and started defaming her instantly. I wonder why.
Intifada isnt antisemtic? (moderator edit)
Please don’t call the ADL stupid. That’s antisemitic.

Please don’t call the ADL stupid. That’s antisemitic.
You quoted the Adl page on the intifada from over 30 years ago. Since then there was a second intifada and then a more general use of intifada. Meanings change over time.

Here’s what the ADL says about the current use of word and phrases/chants using it.

“4. If you hear people chanting “Globalize the intifada!” here’s what it means:

The chant is a reference to violent Palestinian uprisings against Israel, specifically acts of terrorism and indiscriminate violence against civilians by terrorist groups, including suicide bombings in buses and restaurants. This slogan has been chanted at anti-Israel rallies for years. Jews and Israelis hear this slogan as a call for indiscriminate violence against Israel, and potentially against Jews and Jewish institutions worldwide. “

From: Stop and Think: Anti-Israel Chants and What They Mean

Wrong tactic to expand attacks in Europe. They would see a decline in their sympathy support:

I can’t say I agree....the hateful minority that take to the streets and airwaves...would probably welcome it and be very quick to attribute blame

Reactions: navguy12
Wrong tactic to expand attacks in Europe. They would see a decline in their sympathy support:

Radical Islamists: "Jews go back to Europe!"

Radical Islamists: "We will kill Jews in Europe too!"

All the while we are told by all our moral "experts" that being against Israel's existence is not anti-Semitic.

Reactions: FireFighterHil
Meanings change over time.
Yes. Meanings change over time and space and more importantly, when it is convenient for Israel and it’s unregistered foreign agent ADL. That page you linked never existed before October 7th 😐

They also retroactively changed the meaning of “From the River to the Sea” only on October 26th after all the massively popular worldwide protests involving people of all faiths including Jewish people… oops.. better late than never😂

How it started..

1702675155168.png1702675220397.png

How it’s going:
1702675671688.jpeg1702675712813.jpeg

Last but not the least, this is Israeli Prime Minister’s son dodging the draft and enjoying American hospitality in Miami & hence well within ADL’s perview. Surely, the ADL has condemned him by now for calling for the extermination of 6 million Palestinians from the River to the Sea. 🤡

1702674533326.jpeg

They also retroactively changed the meaning of “From the River to the Sea” only on October 26th after all the massively popular worldwide protests involving people of all faiths including Jewish people… oops.. better late than never😂
Personally - I didn't need the ADL to tell me that "From the River to the Sea" is a call to genocide.

I just have to look at a map and have just a basic understanding of this conflict. Not to mention having a basic understanding of Gaza's government's genocidal charter and believing Hamas leadership when they say they desire to destroy every Jew on the planet.

Personally - I didn't need the ADL to tell me that "From the River to the Sea" is a call to genocide.
Ok. So do you condemn Hamas AND Yair Netanyahu ?

Technically, the Palestinian state as envisioned by the UN Security Council (including the US) based on the 1967 borders, extends from the West Bank of the Jordan River to the Gaza Strip by the Mediterranean Sea. So both sides can use the phrase “from the river to the sea” to describe their state without denying the existence of the other state. So personally, I don’t condemn Yair or Hamas for using this phrase.

Gaza's government's genocidal charter and believing Hamas leadership when they say they desire to destroy every Jew on the planet.

Charters change over time. Wish you a Happy new year 2017, when Hamas updated their charter to be in line with the international community’s vision of the Palestinian state. They also removed any language that could be interpreted as genocidal intent:

“Hamas affirms that its conflict is with the Zionist project not with the Jews because of their religion. Hamas does not wage a struggle against the Jews because they are Jewish but wages a struggle against the Zionists who occupy Palestine. Yet, it is the Zionists who constantly identify Judaism and the Jews with their own colonial project and illegal entity.”

Khaled Meshal, at a press conference in Doha. “Hamas advocates the liberation of all of Palestine but is ready to support the state on 1967 borders without recognising Israel or ceding any rights,” he said.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
A great documentary on the non-violent, peaceful Great March of Return by the people of Gaza, coincidentally in 2018, after the change in charter:

I am reminded of the great quote by JFK:
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable”

do you condemn Hamas AND Yair Netanyahu ?

How many fathers did Yair kill in front of their children?
How many women did Yair torture?
How many elderly did Yair kidnap?
How many children did Yair burn?

What people and groups say is important to interpret in the context of their prior actions.

If the Palestinians would simply learn to be a civilized people and stop supporting terrorizing others, and concentrate on educating their children and locking up their criminals, instead of electing those criminals, Israel would have no need to bring those crimnals to justice when the Palestinians fail to do so themselves.

The short history of Israel is Arabs attacking Israel and Israel beating them back. Jordan and Egypt and others have learned their lesson. Palestinians have not. Hopefully they finally will this time.

From todays Toronto Star:

U.S. national security adviser Jake Sullivan also met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to discuss the besieged enclave’s postwar future, which, according to a senior U.S. official, could include bringing back Palestinian security forces driven from their jobs in Gaza by Hamas in its 2007 takeover.

My favorite current BIG LIE of the left is that it was all peaceful coexistence before the dirty, hooknosed, Zionist Jews came and ruined everything.

No, life for Jews was one of dhimmitude, third class life subject to the racist whims of Muslims. Violence and subjugation were the rule, not the exception.

Reactions: FireFighterHil
How many fathers did Yair kill in front of their children?
How many women did Yair torture?
How many elderly did Yair kidnap?
How many children did Yair burn?

What people and groups say is important to interpret in the context of their prior actions.

If the Palestinians would simply learn to be a civilized people and stop supporting terrorizing others, and concentrate on educating their children and locking up their criminals, instead of electing those criminals, Israel would have no need to bring those crimnals to justice when the Palestinians fail to do so themselves.

The short history of Israel is Arabs attacking Israel and Israel beating them back. Jordan and Egypt and others have learned their lesson. Palestinians have not. Hopefully they finally will this time.
I merely posted the interview of an Israeli mother of a Hamas terror victim describing the actual situation on the ground in Israel and occupied Palestine

..and you (moderator edit)

(Note that I have used only Israeli and western sources for my posts.)