Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Its been over 7 days since the FSD button appeared. Has anyone gotten FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've been driving with the safety score since it came out. My first day was pretty bad due to heavy traffic and hard breaking. I've since gotten my score up to 93 by being extra cautious and taking a couple of 200 mile drives this weekend.

Should I keep the car in the driveway this week? I don't think I'll see the score come up too much, and I could definitely see it going down.

I'm not sure how random ppl on the internet can help you with this call, tbh. also: welcome to the forums!

not holding my breath. Thanks to false FCWs I've had two zero days which balance excellent scores to a measly 93.
On the basis of limiting daily intake and starting at 100 and working down, I doubt I'll get the beta for several weeks.
So I've already quit looking at my score and am back to just driving normally again.
Nearly rear ended another Model 3 yesterday which was creeping around a corner like a learner - obviously trying to avoid the aggressive cornering penalty - no thanks.

Nearly rear ended another Model 3 yesterday which was creeping around a corner like a learner - obviously trying to avoid the aggressive cornering penalty - no thanks.
🤣🤣🤣 I see a lot of Tesla's driven around like its a Golden Toyota Avalon driven by a 90 yr old gramp these days. When I see them, I wave "hi" - a fellow FSD owner being taken for a slow ride by EM!

I don't think I'll see the score come up too much, and I could definitely see it going down.
How many total miles do you have? If you can manage 100% days, then any additional mile helps you move up.

Even if they start rolling out FSD beta on Friday night, you should still try to improve your score over the weekend.

Let’s say you had 500 miles at 93. An additional 500 miles at 100 would bring you to a 97. But that is assuming you can get those miles in without much risk, ie. freeway on AP. A higher score may make the difference between getting the beta over the weekend vs in 2-3 weeks.

I hope all of you can laugh at yourselves when the following happens:

1) "FSD" "Beta" doesn't release for another 7 weeks to anyone, and you have been driving weird for weeks trying to get it, never quite sure what 7 days they will use to represent this.
2) People with 83 scores get it, and people with 97 do not, and you realize that none of this mattered unless you have a super low score, and it will not be released to only the very safest drivers.
3) Other people wait to click "the button" until the beta actually releases, see that the score they need is "only" 80, and drive completely normally for a week, and get the beta before you.
4) You finally realize that the "safety score" isn't representative of safety at all, but was just a distraction for you and a massive data collection exercise for Tesla.

I hope all of you can laugh at yourselves when the following happens:

1) "FSD" "Beta" doesn't release for another 7 weeks to anyone, and you have been driving weird for weeks trying to get it, never quite sure what 7 days they will use to represent this.
2) People with 83 scores get it, and people with 97 do not, and you realize that none of this mattered unless you have a super low score, and it will not be released to only the very safest drivers.
3) Other people wait to click "the button" until the beta actually releases, see that the score they need is "only" 80, and drive completely normally for a week, and get the beta before you.
4) You finally realize that the "safety score" isn't representative of safety at all, but was just a distraction for you and a massive data collection exercise for Tesla.
Nah, I think Tesla will only give it to people with good scores. The score thing is a cya thing.

Now as for when it will actually release, two weeks is as good as any guess. Gotta figure out which two weeks though.

Nah, I think Tesla will only give it to people with good scores.
Of course they will. But Tesla already says "most drivers get 80+ scores." The actual math behind the score puts most people in the 80+ bucket. As you say, it's a CYA thing, but that doesn't mean they will limit it to 98+. They specifically engineered it so that 75%+ of drivers will be eligible, because this was about marketing, not safety.

I mean, a safety score that doesn't measure speeding, but measures FCW's?

Or have the last laugh when none of these wet-dreams of yours happen.
True, but history is on my side. I mean... It's already slipped one week year, what's another 6 for Elon? (And I already predicted this slip, and that Elon will have an excuse why it's not 10.1 like he said...)

You really think it will be distributed primarily on score, and we'll see everyone with a 98 get it and nobody with a 97?

Last edited:
Reactions: Microterf
True, but history is on my side. I mean... It's already slipped one week, what's another 6 for Elon? (And I already predicted this slip, and that Elon will have an excuse why it's not 10.1 like he said...)

You really think it will be distributed primarily on score, and we'll see everyone with a 98 get it and nobody with a 97?
Way more than one week. It was supposed to happen in March.

But yes, I do think it will be based on score.

Reactions: gearchruncher
If you see my earlier comments - I do think they will apply some other usual rollout factors like geography and model mix.

There is no particular benefit for Tesla to either slip or not use scores, primarily. Unlike - say - Toyota delaying introducing EVs.

I'm 99% sure that some people with 85 "safety scores" will get the "FSD" "Beta" while a bunch of people with 95+ won't. It will hardly be used. It will all be demographics, location, hardware configuration and other primary factors. The "Safety score" is as much a distraction as the single stack is.
I hope so. But I won’t be surprised if it’s literally only 100s.

But I won’t be surprised if it’s literally only 100s.
Can you imagine the bad PR they will get for this "safety score" if you need 100 to pass? Suddenly people will be very aware of the false positives it has like FCW that clearly are failures of the measurement technology, not the driver. It's all fun and games while it's not blocking access to the $10K software you've already paid for. And the last thing Tesla needs is more scrutiny on this "safety score" methodology.

There is no particular benefit for Tesla to either slip or not use scores, primarily.
And like I said, of course they will use the scores. They will say nobody below an 80 gets the "early access" software. It's just very convenient that this is 75% of "applicants." But no way, no how is everyone with a score high enough getting it- I mean Elon is already walking that back with a "1K per week" rollout distraction.

And if you can say there's no benefit from slipping.. Why has Tesla been slipping for literally a year now?

Reactions: pilotSteve
Can you imagine the bad PR they will get for this "safety score" if you need 100 to pass? ….
I was thinking if the reverse. What happens when someone posts ‘I got in and my score was 90’ and there are a bunch of people whom (probably worked hard) to drive their score to 100 because that was what they were literally asked to do and don’t get in.

Maybe, just maybe... they'll release it based on score starting at 100 and going down... since he literally stated that. I will be as shocked as anyone if it start rolling out on time, but I think WHEN they do it they'll use the scores.

Reactions: ahoen117
since he literally stated that.
Source?

That does not say the order is based on score. It said if your score is good enough, you will get the beta (not "early access"). This indicates a singular score where everyone above it gets it, and nobody below does.

...But now it's 1K people per week. It's almost like things Elon literally says don't matter, because there's always a newer tweet coming that explains what he "really" meant after he "literally" said something.

I was thinking if the reverse. What happens when someone posts ‘I got in and my score was 90’ and there are a bunch of people whom (probably worked hard) to drive their score to 100 because that was what they were literally asked to do and don’t get in.
He never said 100 was the threshold, and he never asked anyone to work at their scores (aka gaming them).

The idea that you can "work hard" for a week to get a good score tells you everything you need to know that the score is not about your actual long term safety as a driver. It's amazing to me that everyone just accepts this silly game as a way to get something they already paid for, and that the game is fair, not rigged, and not just a lottery.

Reactions: kavyboy