Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's Model S Weekend at Tesla Santana Row 3/17 & 18 and new Model S Design Studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Darn, the weekend weather is certainly not looking good right now (cold, rainy). I was wondering where they'll put the cars-- on a nice day it'd be good to see them parked along Santana Row in front of the store, but I think they'll probably put them in the less-than-ideal lighting conditions of the HPC charger spaces in the adjacent garage (plus one in the showroom).

Think positive thoughts for sunshine....

/Mitch.

Can they reserve this spots in front of the store and put a tent over it? Wish I could go. Would be awesome to see the new cars but I'm getting red anyway so color is already picked. I do love the pearl white though.

Just saw this from the Tesla forums, cannot verify the info tho:

adstein | March 14, 2012

Spoke with someone at headquarters, call to ny store was redirected, and she indicated that the design studio was about 1 month away and that only the Santana store was getting the in store studio at this point. She also seemed surprised that I had not received the email about the Santana showing since I am a signature res.

Quite dissappointing.

Just saw this from the Tesla forums, cannot verify the info tho:

adstein | March 14, 2012

Spoke with someone at headquarters, call to ny store was redirected, and she indicated that the design studio was about 1 month away and that only the Santana store was getting the in store studio at this point. She also seemed surprised that I had not received the email about the Santana showing since I am a signature res.

Quite dissappointing.

That would indeed suck. Did she perhaps mean that the in-store design studios were a month away? In any case, yes, those present, please grab lots of pics :)

That would indeed suck. Did she perhaps mean that the in-store design studios were a month away?

Agree. It would be very disappointing if the design studio is so far off schedule and TSLA will take a big hit if true. Although I think it will be sooner rather than later. Aside from the fact the info from the forum is third hand it also makes no sense….For months they have had notices on the design studio proclaiming “this winter”; it would be the dumbest thing imaginable to get to the end of winter and then say “Oh, one more month”.

I suspect that it’s a mix-up with the in-store design studio. One month fits with the availability of RC’s for mid-late April that has been mentioned elsewhere.

Sadly, no misunderstanding. She specifically said that the web designers have been working hard but it will be another month before it goes up on the web. Hopefully she was wrong but that is what she said.

I have since confirmed that the NY store is installing the final display including leather and interior samples this week which contradicts what she said, that it would be a few weeks for that as well.