Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's Model S Weekend at Tesla Santana Row 3/17 & 18 and new Model S Design Studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X and Model S on Display at Santana Row this Weekend

This was received yesterday:

mar 16 wkd email 2.JPG

Given that the venue's Santana Row, I think they simply dispatched the emails to all S reservation holders living in the Greater SF Bay Area much like they have been doing for local events at other stores. No slight meant to anyone else, I'm sure.

Kipernicus, I'll keep my word this time and bring my family around at 10:00-10:30 on Sat. Look out for a tall, dark, handsome man with a beautiful wife and a cute 5-year-old boy in tow ;)

We'll know tomorrow or Saturday, but part of the confusion as to when the online Design Studio will be operational may be because it won't all come out at once. In talking to the folks at Santana Row, I thought he said that the Interior portion of the Design Studio will come out this weekend. He didn't say that the Packages and Options part would be available then. Not sure why they'd be delayed, but it's a possibility that might explain the varying stories and expectations.

Kipernicus, I'll keep my word this time and bring my family around at 10:00-10:30 on Sat. Look out for a tall, dark, handsome man with a beautiful wife and a cute 5-year-old boy in tow ;)

Oh no! I just got a call from my wife saying that we're going to dimsum at 11 in San Mateo, with a kiddie playdate afterwards. Maybe we can head to San Jose after that, but either way I'll make it with or without the family at some point this weekend!

Doing anything... not in California, would be impressive.

I don't begrudge any of our CAL friends their opportunity; that said, one of Tesla's challenges is to stop being a local player and start growing to their full potential. (As discussed in this other thread.) I'm excited to see everyone's pics/stories, but it's sad crazy that we're relying on forum members to help us out here.

I wonder what kind of red is going to be available for non-Signature models. Will it be like the Signature red, or will it be brighter?

That "Muir Red" is a brighter, more fiery red than the maroonish sig-red; there were pics of the paint sample from the October factory event on that thread back then. Availability is 'sometime' in 2013.

I don't begrudge any of our CAL friends their opportunity; that said, one of Tesla's challenges is to stop being a local player and start growing to their full potential. (As discussed in this other thread.) I'm excited to see everyone's pics/stories, but it's sad crazy that we're relying on forum members to help us out here.

Yes, even if it takes Tesla some time to get these cars around the country, why is it so hard for them to keep the picture galleries on their website up to date?! Heck, their very-dated pics are lamer than the great ones that Charged_Up took of the white beta at a store recently. Tesla can provide disclaimers, just to be very clear, that some of the pics are those of betas and are subject to change or some such.

why is it so hard for them to keep the picture galleries on their website up to date?!

Perhaps because they stay focused on production? Which I really appreciate - can't wait to read the first delivery&drive reports.

Some people have a hard time to understand focus (surely not you, gg). Once in a meeting, the boss gave order to stay focused on meeting the deadline. Meaning not letting other things distract anybody from that. One participant asked, why not to just keep "everything in focus." Sheesh.

I wonder what kind of red is going to be available for non-Signature models. Will it be like the Signature red, or will it be brighter?

I found a sample of the muir red (I can't remember where - maybe the Houston Galleria store?), and let my daughter photoshop it into the picture on the TM site. I don't think that it's exact, but could be close...

Muir Red Model S.jpg

Also, what about this?

Tesla reveal.jpg