Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's Model S Weekend at Tesla Santana Row 3/17 & 18 and new Model S Design Studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps because they stay focused on production? Which I really appreciate - can't wait to read the first delivery&drive reports.

Some people have a hard time to understand focus (surely not you, gg). Once in a meeting, the boss gave order to stay focused on meeting the deadline. Meaning not letting other things distract anybody from that. One participant asked, why not to just keep "everything in focus." Sheesh.

You do realize that Tesla employs people who's jobs have nothing to do with ensuring that the Model S is delivered on time? They have people who's sole focus is to design the website. I do like the layout of their website, but I agree that they don't have enough up-to-date photos of the Model S. Could serve to attract more potential buyers

I found a sample of the muir red (I can't remember where - maybe the Houston Galleria store?), and let my daughter photoshop it into the picture on the TM site. I don't think that it's exact, but could be close...

View attachment 4723
Hmm, hmm...if that's a good approximation of Muir Red, that will be a fine looking car! I'm not going to delay taking delivery to wait for it, though.

Santana Row here: The Falcon has landed

Video coming soon, but here's a couple of teaser stills:

Model-X-In-Santana-Row.jpg

And the 4 Model S cars:

FourModelS.jpg

Unfortunately, none are Performance versions. The red is VIN 44 I think.

OK, one more, of the interior of the White car:
Interior-WhiteCar.jpg

Video coming soon, but here's a couple of teaser stills...

Keep them coming, smorgasbord! Looks like you camped out at the Tesla store rather than at the Apple Store next door in Valley Fair :)

As per GeorgeB, the Red and the White are supposed to be newer Betas that were just manufactured so, I guess not much has changed (and probably may not anymore) from the first betas as far as the interior's concerned.

Going back to the website photos, yes, like onlinespending said, I was merely suggesting that the marketing dept and the website folks could easily keep the photo galleries online fresh without disturbing anyone involved on the production side. A lot fewer folks will follow the threads and pics on this forum (or even discover it in the first place) than the ones who'd go to TM's own website and seek out all the info and pics there.

This has been discussed in depth before Lloyd. I don't remember if it was on here or over at the Tesla forum, but I stated my opinion that all four wheels would be the same (i.e. blowing on one side and sucking on the other), while most others were sure that they would have two different wheels so they would be consistent.

To me, it's not that big a deal. Unless you're looking for it, I doubt anyone would notice it.

I thought the wheels were ok, personally.

After Geneva I thought the interior needs quite a bit more work. As someone said before, it's just not up there with the best European saloons. Little things like the door handles catching on the dash make me think wtf? Nevermind that they are a bit of a stretch to reach.

I notice that the Fan Wheels are sucking on one side and blowing on the other. I wonder if this will be corrected in the production version? Can someone ask who is attending, or did we answer this previously??

I asked about this also. It seems that most roadsters got right and left hand wheels (a few did not). In the design studio they show left and right hand wheels. I think the white beta on the east coast had one side sucking and the other side blowing.

All the more reason to get 19" wheels.

I thought the wheels were ok, personally.

After Geneva I thought the interior needs quite a bit more work. As someone said before, it's just not up there with the best European saloons. Little things like the door handles catching on the dash make me think wtf? Nevermind that they are a bit of a stretch to reach.
Yeah, for me the only thing missing with the car is the style and quality of the interior. As a driver or passenger that's what you'd spend the most time interacting with, so that really needs to be at least at Audi level given the cost of the car. I think at the October Fremont event, Tesla said they had a 3rd party contractor to install the interiors on site.

Remember that it's only the Sig Red and the silver betas that are new -- the white and black cars have been around awhile. It appears that both the new vehicles have a black interior, so we really can't judge how the non-upholstered areas are going to look in the final yet.

Nope; Sig Red and White are the new ones - Silver is probably somewhere between Beta 1 and Beta 2 if I read GeorgeB's statement right. Black's old.

The Black one is the current Santana Row beta.

The Red and White ones are newer betas (not the Red one from Geneva or the White one currently on the east coast).

The Silver one is coming back from some winter video driving in Minneapolis.