Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's Model S Weekend at Tesla Santana Row 3/17 & 18 and new Model S Design Studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe they're talking about the gap under the 17" screen that currently is empty. We had brought up here about putting modular components in that space for storage and other uses.

Oh right, thanks, Dave.

So, this is it for the interior then. Now to start getting used to it... I don't have any gripes left really other than about storage in the doors.

Model S Product mgr. (name in the video) told me the interior of the two new betas is representative of production. George told me "we listened, and are definitely going to offer a console as a Tesla accessory down the road" -- or words to that effect on the video.
Hi,

Do we have pics of the new beta interiors? Was that pic above from a newer beta?

@Aviators99: I asked the production manager today when I could expect my deliveries. He said I could expect my Sig #731 in September and my Prod #2830 "a couple of months after that" i.e. November-ish. He also said the first Signature reservations would be contacted next week to confirm and finalize their orders.

@Aviators99: I asked the production manager today when I could expect my deliveries. He said I could expect my Sig #731 in September and my Prod #2830 "a couple of months after that" i.e. November-ish. He also said the first Signature reservations would be contacted next week to confirm and finalize their orders.

Wow. 3 years of waiting (ok, I got a Roadster so didn't really wait) and it's finally getting down to ordering it. This is amazing. I hope the interior is at least up to most people's standards. I think it's going to be a great car.

Yes, the chrome strip has been discussed before but it is worth mentioning again that it is distracting and does make the doors seem bigger and mismatched. I wish this was different but am afraid this is just one of those details you have to live with- but I am much more concerned about the utility of the interior with no console or door pockets to put the usual stuff. For $100 k signature you don't expect to have to make too many compromises. Even worse, it's been hinted to me that I will have to commit on car and details without getting a chance to drive one - and that just seems wrong.

Hmm, so that would likely mean earlier sigs in late July, middle sigs during August, then the tail end in September?

BTW the configurations on display are:

1 Pearl White with White leather, banana leaf trim
2 Sig Red with Black leather and lacewood
3 Silver with black leather and lacewood
4 Black with black leather and piano black

While it was great to see all the exterior colors, I wish a broader range of interiors were represented. Would have been very nice to see a Performance vehicle. And I would have liked to have seen the tan leather. Two of the cars had the Pano Roof (which was very cool) but neither had the manual shade, so can't tell how it effects headroom.

Quick impressions:
- Lacewood was much better than I expected based on the small samples. It looks very nice on the car.
- The banana leaf is pretty unattractive IMO. Very shiny and just odd color tones and appearance.
- I'm not a big fan of the two-toned look, which is only avoided by getting black leather. For example, the back of the front seats is black no matter what main leather color you get, so two toned seats. But the black leather makes for a very dark interior. I'll be deciding between tan leather and black leather.
- The silver exterior looks very attractive. Considerably better looking than it appears on the website.

The online design studio is great (on flat screens in the store) and I can't understand why it's not online on their site now. The design studio materials on the walls of the store are very helpful. When it rolls out to your area, you'll be happy! From those materials and from the online "studio" you can finally see how the Performance design really differs from the non-Perf version. The Perfomance seats have piping that is pretty prominent, especially the Black interior - big thick cords of red around the black seats - quite a statement and not my taste at all!!

Last edited:
I was there pretty close to 11am this morning when they opened and I just assumed it would be up when I left the store, so nope, sorry didn't ask! Can't imagine it will be later than tomorrow though! I would also not be surprised if it was just the "Interior" part that comes online and not the "Packages" or "Options" parts. "Interior" was the only addition on display today.

I like how they wrote "Beta Prototype Vehicle" on the doors. I'll be looking to see if they have a steering wheel that wasn't lifted from a Mercedes.
It's the Model X wheel without the touchscreens. HUGE improvement over the MB wheel!!!!!!! It's also adjustable although they have it locked out for the event.

Also, the door handles were working when I was there at 4:00.

It's great to hear that the door handles are working as well as the pano roof. I'm thinking that outside of the steering wheel and stalk that should be all of the major part differences. Sans Perf Signature stuff.

-Lacewood was much better than I expected based on the small samples. It looks very nice on the car.

I didn't like the stained lacewood. Unstained, it has much better appearance in my view:

http://www.harryj.net/lacewood.jpg
lacewood.jpg

Wow, that's much later than I expected :-(
I was hoping to get mine in the summer.