Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's Model S Weekend at Tesla Santana Row 3/17 & 18 and new Model S Design Studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been posting. There has been a great discussion and a number of great points brought out in all the threads on the Forum (both here and at Teslamotors.com) and I have gained great insight in following the discussions.

1+ on all your thoughts (I just quoted the first sentence but I'm talking about your whole post), I feel exactly the same.

11:54pm Pacific, it's back up and the Design Studio is the same.

I'll be checking for the next 5 minutes to see if it changes.

While everyone is sweating the finalization of the "Design Studio", you can configure Model S' with pricing and options at Edmunds.com:

2013 Tesla Model S Sedan Base Price With Options

I emailed them after the pricing announcement and got them to add it. It is accurate, and you can configure all flavors (sig / non-sig / perf / batt. sizes / etc.)

Enjoy!

Finally, to chime in on the discussion from earlier in the thread about headroom: yeah, there's not a lot back there. Certainly less than other sedans. I'm 5'9" and I had BARELY any clearance to the headliner. Still, I won't be back there much. :) For 6-foot passengers, though, it could be an issue.
I don't really agree.

I got back from Geneva and sat in the Model S for a while. I'm 5'11" (1.82m) and I fit in just fine at the back. You should be there with 3 adults, since then the outer two will hit the headliner, but if it's just two adults you can slide inwards a bit and fit in just fine imho.

It is accurate, and you can configure all flavors (sig / non-sig / perf / batt. sizes / etc.)

Enjoy!

The paint option upcharges are wrong on some colors. For instance, there was no upcharge for the silver metallic (should be $750) and no upcharge for the Pearl White (should be $1500).

Also, I don't believe Tesla has said just what the destination charge is. The number up there is about what the Roadster's was, but Model S is not being shipped overseas to US customers, so may be less.

Finally, there was no way to choose the interior accents, but that doesn't affect the price so it's a quibble.