Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

J1772 Adapter Storage?

Where do you store your J1772 adapter?

• In Trunk?

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • In Cabin?

Votes: 80 67.2%
  • In Frunk?

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for the same thing here for a while with no luck. A center console with a J1772 adapter holder. Don’t care for that printed holster in the trunk prefer to use a center console insert like they have for the 2020 model.
If you own (or have access to) a 3D printer, there are at least two such designs on Thingiverse:
I've printed both of them. The second is a cleaner model; the first looks like it's an edit of something else, with some glitches in the design like a small hole in one corner. I prefer the separator in the second one between the sunglasses section and the rest of the unit, but I prefer the fact that the first one has a narrow slot for storing EV charging network cards or similar slender items. Either should work fine, though.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I use mine often so I throw it in the door pocket just in front of my umbrella. It's very convenient to grab and return but it does roll around and make noise sometimes. Someday I'll make a little something to stabilize it in there.
The door pocket bottle holder was the first place I thought to store mine too, but the rattling irked me. If I used it more often than once in a blue moon, I'd probably make a Nerf "sock" for it to drop into, but as it is I'm happy with it quietly sitting in the glove compartment, its rolling around baffled by the well-out-of-date dead-tree owner's manual that's still in there.