Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jag i-pace “race”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta get me one of them iPaces, are they cheaper than an X?

Jaguar i-Pace starts at $70,495 including dest, and pretty much loaded (FE), is $86,895.

Loaded includes off-road specific functions (it will climb steeper trails than you can walk, and go through 20" of water), and fully programmable driving dynamics, like steering weight, suspension response, throttle tip-in. It has HUD, 99mph AEB, 112mph autosteering/ACC, 825w stereo, 360° bird's eye camera, and the battery, motors, and electronics are suitable for track use. The stability control and traction control can be turned off. Heat pump, heated windshield, ECO mode help extend range in winter. It has special snow/ice systems to get you unstuck, and can raise the car to 9.5" inches of ground clearance.

All are totally different kinds of cars.

PS - To OP, I don't think they make RWD Model X's. What the actual 0-60 for the i-Pace is unknown, but listed at 4.5s. That's from the owner's manual from last year. At one point JLR listed the 0-60 at "4 seconds".

Jaguar i-Pace starts at $70,495 including dest, and pretty much loaded (FE), is $86,895.

Loaded includes off-road specific functions (it will climb steeper trails than you can walk, and go through 20" of water), and fully programmable driving dynamics, like steering weight, suspension response, throttle tip-in. It has HUD, 99mph AEB, 112mph autosteering/ACC, 825w stereo, 360° bird's eye camera, and the battery, motors, and electronics are suitable for track use. The stability control and traction control can be turned off. Heat pump, heated windshield, ECO mode help extend range in winter. It has special snow/ice systems to get you unstuck, and can raise the car to 9.5" inches of ground clearance.

All are totally different kinds of cars.

With all this stuff!!! who cares about 0-60 times anyway. I'm not a drag racer.

I like the tuneability controls they're putting into driver's hands.

With all this stuff!!! who cares about 0-60 times anyway. I'm not a drag racer.

I like the tuneability controls they're putting into driver's hands.

I already have a 'large' hauler that seats 5 in luxury with rear entertainment and can haul 5,000lb in the bed (I've done it) tow 13k lbs without breaking a sweat.
90% of the time I'm in a car, I'm solo, so the idea of customizing all the features for my tastes alone, and be able to go where ordinary cars cannot, is appealing in a EV. I believe the i-Pace is in a class of one. I had wanted a P3D, but realizing it could be another year or more and possibly not track capable like the other Teslas, I ordered the Jaguar.

You get all dressed up for a party or social dinner, then you get to turn to you spouse, and say, "Let's take the Jag". It kind of sings. :D

Trivia - If you stay in London, check out the The Taj hotel right next to Buckingham Palace. Ask if you can see the Jaguar Suite. Better yet stay there. It was kind of cool. The Indians own Jaguar now and are very proud of it. It's one of the nicer suites, almost Presidential, certainly VIP+.

Last edited:
Would never buy a iPace SUV because they come with those stupid conventional doors. : >)

You do understand all Teslas have at least two forward hinged conventional doors?

And that the gullwing doors can limit where you park? Airport parking structures, older garages, garages with openers, etc. They are cool looking, but rearward sliding doors would have made more sense, lowered the price and weight, increased structural rigidity, and allowed for an optional glass roof if desired, as well as roof racks for things like canoes.

We will have to wait for some production i-Paces to hit to road to get real data.
McRat, any charger faster than I can pee and pick up a drink, maybe a sandwich is overkill IMO. My truck is about right getting 40 gallons of diesel. The Camry has me blocking the gas pump every time.