Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting first time. January 2022 OD. Current EDD Nov22-Jan3
MYLR5, White-Ext, Blk-Int, 19”, no FSD/EAP/Tow, location NJ
I am guessing location also matters where are all the LRs getting assigned to.
I’m sure location does play into it. A car won’t get shipped alone to a particular location. I heard that Tesla likes to ship cross country on trains. Supposedly our cars should come out of Texas. Tesla fairl recently started ramping up shipments out of Austin. MYLRs have been going everywhere so I don’t think that’s a problem. The main problem is people switching their orders to an MYP from an MYLR to get their cars quicker. The MYPs get priority apparently. So then the MYLRs get pushed back to make room for those MYP. Plus used to be that if you added on FSD you got your car quicker too. But then once they got their VINs they’d cancel the FSD. Apparently someone complained about it and that stopped supposedly. So those gaming the system is causing the MYLRs to get pushed back. Don’t take my word for it. Just go back and read all the posts for yourself. You’ll see the pattern.

I’m sure location does play into it. A car won’t get shipped alone to a particular location. I heard that Tesla likes to ship cross country on trains. Supposedly our cars should come out of Texas. Tesla fairl recently started ramping up shipments out of Austin. MYLRs have been going everywhere so I don’t think that’s a problem. The main problem is people switching their orders to an MYP from an MYLR to get their cars quicker. The MYPs get priority apparently. So then the MYLRs get pushed back to make room for those MYP. Plus used to be that if you added on FSD you got your car quicker too. But then once they got their VINs they’d cancel the FSD. Apparently someone complained about it and that stopped supposedly. So those gaming the system is causing the MYLRs to get pushed back. Don’t take my word for it. Just go back and read all the posts for yourself. You’ll see the pattern.
True. But I spoke with local SA here and he clearly said all models to NJ are still coming out of Freemont. He had no idea as to when he’d see first Texas based models to NJ.

Agree. I noticed that having blue/blk/Red probably will improve the EDD. But wifey wants White. White seems to have the longest lead time.
What’s interesting is that lately all you see coming out of Texas are black and blue. At least that’s all I’ve seen on those drone flyovers by those two guys. Back a couple months ago there were white, red, black and blue. But as of late only the two colors. Wonder why that is?

Last edited:
What’s interesting is that lately all you see coming out of Texas are black and blue. At least that’s all I’ve seen on those drone flyovers by those two guys. Back a couple months ago there were white, red, black and blue. But as of late only the two colors. Wonder why that is?
I also heard that adding a tow hitch or 20" wheels helps...you see very few white models being made in Austin in the drone videos on youttube.

Reactions: hamsterjam
With the Inflation reduction bill in the verge of approval, is it possible to defer the delivery for 2023? My vin is assigned and delivered is scheduled for next week. Any perspective on this will help.
With the Inflation reduction bill in the verge of approval, is it possible to defer the delivery for 2023? My vin is assigned and delivered is scheduled for next week. Any perspective on this will help. Thanks
What was your order date, config and location?
You may be able to delay the delivery to max of 30 days from the delivery notification date. That’s what I gather from this forum and order fine print