Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I missing something about the promo code? Is it for the mobile connector? I thought that if you ordered the vehicle before April 15th or whatever date, that the mobile connector would be in the car when you picked it up. Is Tesla giving a promo code to order it instead?
Exactly, Tesla changed policy in the last week or so. Any orders placed before the cutoff of April 29th are now getting a promo code valued at the cost of the new mobile connector bundle. This is actually a good deal as the new bundle includes 14-50 where as the one that came in the car didn't. Also if you don't want/need a MC you can supposedly use the coupon towards the purchase of the Wall Connector instead.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gary.F
Am I missing something about the promo code? Is it for the mobile connector? I thought that if you ordered the vehicle before April 15th or whatever date, that the mobile connector would be in the car when you picked it up. Is Tesla giving a promo code to order it instead?
676E48CA-254E-49E4-96A2-A121362AE98A.jpeg

It is a $200 promo code that fully covers the cost of the mobile connector. From my understanding, delivery centers are phasing out of having mobile connectors in inventory for deliveries.

The problem with that is that the mobile connector seems to always be out of stock. When are they supposed to provide the code? I have delivery on the 6th, next week. I don’t even have time to get one ordered.l, let alone get the code. This is so stupid.

The problem with that is that the mobile connector seems to always be out of stock. When are they supposed to provide the code? I have delivery on the 6th, next week. I don’t even have time to get one ordered.l, let alone get the code. This is so stupid.
I believe if I didn’t specifically ask for it, it may not have been provided to me. So I would give the SA a firm nudge. I got the code the day the vehicle left the factory. There are two mobile connects, one is out of stock and one isn’t. One is a corded/pre-integrated 14-50 charger that’s out of stock and the other is interchangeable plug types and is in stock (which I ordered).

• Helpful
Yes, if you are relying on the MC to charge then it is certainly not ideal. The MC is in stock right now. I've read people getting the code before delivery and others not getting it till a day or two after delivery (which I agree is stupid).
Maybe reach out to Tesla or your local delivery centre and see if they can get you the code now as you have your delivery date set now.

This is the one:

• Helpful
Agreed. I replied to one of my texts from them. Told them that there isn’t a charger in my little town. They responded that I should get my code in a couple of days and gave me a location of a third party charger. Well that charger is always down so I don’t even consider it. A couple of days? I get my car in 5 days and where is the time for order and shipping? Tesla really screwed this whole thing up. A simple keeping them in stock at the service center would solve it all. Such a dumb move not to have in car at delivery if so wanted or give the code to purchase something else.

Reactions: ohmman
Agreed. I replied to one of my texts from them. Told them that there isn’t a charger in my little town. They responded that I should get my code in a couple of days and gave me a location of a third party charger. Well that charger is always down so I don’t even consider it. A couple of days? I get my car in 5 days and where is the time for order and shipping? Tesla really screwed this whole thing up. A simple keeping them in stock at the service center would solve it all. Such a dumb move not to have in car at delivery if so wanted or give the code to purchase something else.
One thing you could do is just order one now at your own cost. Then order the one with the coupon when you get it. Then return the first one. MC has 60 day return policy. Only issue is that they say opened but unused subject to 15% restock fee. Hmmm....not sure if that would work out unless you can return the 2nd one unopened under the guise of the 1st order? But would the serial number be an issue (assuming there is one to check)?

One thing you could do is just order one now at your own cost. Then order the one with the coupon when you get it. Then return the first one. MC has 60 day return policy. Only issue is that they say opened but unused subject to 15% restock fee. Hmmm....not sure if that would work out unless you can return the 2nd one unopened under the guise of the 1st order? But would the serial number be an issue (assuming there is one to check)?
That’s a good suggestion though. Serial number could be an issue.

Just called the Raleigh Service Center and ended up talking with a region rep. He said that they have been seeing the MC come in the cars. At a minimum the J1772 adapter will be with the car, if the MC isn't there. I was also told that if the MC didn't come in the car, that upon pickup of the car, that I would receive the code then. I told him that was ridiculous in that what if they are out of stock? How long would it take to get one? He said about a week. So then I said that I have ChargePoint charging station in my town, but it is always broken down, so this new way of handling these chargers are way out of line. A person pays $63-$70K for a car and can't even get a charger with it. Have to order it online after receipt of the car. What are people that live way out in the country side supposed to do that have no access to superchargers where they can charge quickly? Are they to sit a a 6.6Kw charger for hours to charge up? It's just another well thought out plan by Tesla. They make great cars, but their other business practices really suck. Sorry for the venting. I just hate stupidity.

Just called the Raleigh Service Center and ended up talking with a region rep. He said that they have been seeing the MC come in the cars. At a minimum the J1772 adapter will be with the car, if the MC isn't there. I was also told that if the MC didn't come in the car, that upon pickup of the car, that I would receive the code then. I told him that was ridiculous in that what if they are out of stock? How long would it take to get one? He said about a week. So then I said that I have ChargePoint charging station in my town, but it is always broken down, so this new way of handling these chargers are way out of line. A person pays $63-$70K for a car and can't even get a charger with it. Have to order it online after receipt of the car. What are people that live way out in the country side supposed to do that have no access to superchargers where they can charge quickly? Are they to sit a a 6.6Kw charger for hours to charge up? It's just another well thought out plan by Tesla. They make great cars, but their other business practices really suck. Sorry for the venting. I just hate stupidity.
I feel your pain. Nearly everyone needs a mobile connector at some point. This isn't like a new phone, where you can maybe use your old brick and cable. The mobile connector goes with the car when you sell it, because you may need to charge on the road somewhere or at someone else's house. I recognize that those needs are getting slimmer with the expansion of the Supercharger network, but personally I'd rather charge at my destination (rental, hotel, etc) than at a Supercharger if possible. Better for the battery and it's already downtime that I don't have to schedule.

I hope they work it out for you quickly. Did Raleigh say if they could order one for you for purchase there? And if your car comes with one, they could just sell it to someone else (who will surely need it)?

I feel your pain. Nearly everyone needs a mobile connector at some point. This isn't like a new phone, where you can maybe use your old brick and cable. The mobile connector goes with the car when you sell it, because you may need to charge on the road somewhere or at someone else's house. I recognize that those needs are getting slimmer with the expansion of the Supercharger network, but personally I'd rather charge at my destination (rental, hotel, etc) than at a Supercharger if possible. Better for the battery and it's already downtime that I don't have to schedule.

I hope they work it out for you quickly. Did Raleigh say if they could order one for you for purchase there? And if your car comes with one, they could just sell it to someone else (who will surely need it)?
He just said that the Service Centers don't stock them anymore. That I would need to order it online. I have a couple of friends in the area that have Teslas, so maybe I could borrow their MC until mine comes in, if I have to order it online. They have a wall connector.

I got an email with the code today and just used it to buy one. Tax and shipping charges disappear when you use the code. I’ll post up when I get it. I’ve yet to get a text on this purchase even though they use my mobile phone routinely for service communications over the years. I would love to ask a sales agent how to handle my combo of down payment and bank loan. Website says they only accept one check.

Delivery window 9/6-9/9 btw.

Gary that does sound supremely frustrating and a big time ball drop on part of Tesla. Not sure if you’re an EV veteran or not, but use the Plugshare app to find other charging options, public and private in your area. Back in the early days it was a nice community for people to find electrons before there were really any Superchargers around.

FYI, when I was a kid we went to Ocean Isle Beach all the time. Shallote was the “big city” when we need to hit a store for something.

• Helpful
I got an email with the code today and just used it to buy one. Tax and shipping charges disappear when you use the code. I’ll post up when I get it. I’ve yet to get a text on this purchase even though they use my mobile phone routinely for service communications over the years. I would love to ask a sales agent how to handle my combo of down payment and bank loan. Website says they only accept one check.

Delivery window 9/6-9/9 btw.

Gary that does sound supremely frustrating and a big time ball drop on part of Tesla. Not sure if you’re an EV veteran or not, but use the Plugshare app to find other charging options, public and private in your area. Back in the early days it was a nice community for people to find electrons before there were really any Superchargers around.

FYI, when I was a kid we went to Ocean Isle Beach all the time. Shallote was the “big city” when we need to hit a store for something.
Thanks for the input. No, I'm not an EV veteran. This is my first and I'm really excited about it. I don't think the SAs know what is really going on. One told me that it would be in the car and one said that I would have to order one. So who knows. Very frustrating.

Yes, we moved here to Shallotte in 2008. Ocean Isle Beach is a great place to visit. If it's been awhile since you were here, you would not know it now. It has really grown a lot. More places to eat and more shopping places.

I have a cashier's check for my down payment and a bank letter (Dealer Funding Request) that was in a PDF from my bank that I emailed to someone that I talked to at Tesla. I'll handover the check upon pickup.

Yes, we moved here to Shallotte in 2008. Ocean Isle Beach is a great place to visit. If it's been awhile since you were here, you would not know it now. It has really grown a lot. More places to eat and more shopping places.
I bet. This was 70's and early 80's. My Dad would drive the chevy Blazer on the beach and through a pathway behind the sand dunes at the south end of the island. We'd occasionally pull out regular cars that got stuck. I remember one car that got too close to the water next to the inlet and stayed there half buried for a whole summer. Different times.

• Helpful
I bet. This was 70's and early 80's. My Dad would drive the chevy Blazer on the beach and through a pathway behind the sand dunes at the south end of the island. We'd occasionally pull out regular cars that got stuck. I remember one car that got too close to the water next to the inlet and stayed there half buried for a whole summer. Different times.
I don't think you can drive the cars on the beach anymore. Carolina Beach in Wilmington, I think is the only one that still allows that. But I can't say for sure as there was talk about stopping it totally.

I got an adjustment to my EDD -- a very small adjustment: Sept 4-18 to....

Sept 5-19

Maybe just letting me know they're doing something?
The same thing happened to me recently; just a couple of days adjustment, a couple of months out. It got me wondering: we all know what a technology company Tesla is. They do so much with software-suppose all these crazy EDD moves are done by computer. The software looks at the production schedule-building Y's with common options and makes an EDD judgement. No human would silly enough to make just a one or two day EDD move that far out, but a software program certainly would. Just sayin'.

The same thing happened to me recently; just a couple of days adjustment, a couple of months out. It got me wondering: we all know what a technology company Tesla is. They do so much with software-suppose all these crazy EDD moves are done by computer. The software looks at the production schedule-building Y's with common options and makes an EDD judgement. No human would silly enough to make just a one or two day EDD move that far out, but a software program certainly would. Just sayin'.
I think you’re right. Being a computer programmer I can certainly see this happening. It’s all a way of trying to keep the customers informed. But still it makes it kind of frustrating.

Reactions: RoyT
I got another update 2 days ago -- new EDD is Sept. 16-30. Still no VIN yet. I hope delivery isn't chaotic if it falls on the last few days of the month.

The discussion about the mobile connector makes me wonder whether I should just keep the one I have for the Model 3 when we trade it in or sell it. It's my only charging option at home, so I'm not about to wait for fulfillment of an order with a promo code.

Got another text
Your vehicle is scheduled to land on 9/11 and you should be receiving a scheduling link via SMS in coming days. Stay excited and we will see you soon!
EDD Sep 11-15
That's awesome. I have the same build and got a VIN on August 26, EDD Sept 7-10, but no notice of schedule.... I really hope I get some news soon. I'm in between Baltimore and DC, and I got an Austin VIN, so I would think I'm getting from the same batch you are.

Reactions: MFJJ702 and Gary.F