Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's awesome. I have the same build and got a VIN on August 26, EDD Sept 7-10, but no notice of schedule.... I really hope I get some news soon. I'm in between Baltimore and DC, and I got an Austin VIN, so I would think I'm getting from the same batch you are.
So MYLR White/Black 19" with no options started getting VIN for Jan orders ? Thats great news

I picked up my Fremont built MYLR today in Savannah, GA. Overall, I was very pleased with the build quality. It dd not come with refreshed door/dash panels or a cargo cover, but it did come with matrix headlights and a mobile charger.

Gary, I think your MYLR was on the same transport as mine, so I'm expecting you to get the mobile charger, as well.
That’s great to hear. I don’t care that much about the refreshed door or dash panels. I’m not too crazy about that cargo cover. I prefer one that rolls up. Otherwise it’s always getting in the way if not being used at the moment. I am happy about the headlights and the charger. Guess that’s why I’ve not received the code yet. Thanks for letting me know Barry. Good luck and enjoy your car.

Reactions: ohmman and BarryC7
So I have a pickup date scheduled, 9/10! I got a text yesterday asking if I had any questions and replied that I had several. We set up a time to speak and this AM we scheduled the pickup time and my questions on payment were answered. She also reopened the link to set up trade in, so that appears to be going OK. Also got a shipment notification on the UMC, coming via UPS, so I expect that will be on my doorstep before I pick up the car.

Reactions: MODEVIL and Gary.F
So I have a pickup date scheduled, 9/10! I got a text yesterday asking if I had any questions and replied that I had several. We set up a time to speak and this AM we scheduled the pickup time and my questions on payment were answered. She also reopened the link to set up trade in, so that appears to be going OK. Also got a shipment notification on the UMC, coming via UPS, so I expect that will be on my doorstep before I pick up the car.
Curious, how many times are available to choose from? Plentiful or tight windows?

Curious, how many times are available to choose from? Plentiful or tight windows?
I was originally given a delivery time of 3pm on 9/2. I asked if I could pick it up earlier and was given a 12pm window. When I arrived at 11:15am, I was helped immediately. I picked the car up in Savannah, so the pickup window may be more flexible because of lower demand.

Got another text
Your vehicle is scheduled to land on 9/11 and you should be receiving a scheduling link via SMS in coming days. Stay excited and we will see you soon!
EDD Sep 11-15
When I inquired about the mobile charger promo code, I got the following text

“You will receive the email a few days before your delivery, if you do not receive that email there is a chance your vehicle will have charging included.”

Reactions: Gary.F
Congrats on the pickup. How did the car’s alignments look? Any issues?
I was surprisingly pleased with the alignments and overall build quality. The door handles were flush, no significant alignment gaps and no rattles on the 2-hour drive home. The suspension was much better than expected, and the car hugged the road quite well. Overall, the build quality and appearance exceeded my expectations. It's going to be a fun car to drive, but It'll take awhile for me to learn all the bells and whistles.

Auto pilot will take some getting used to, though. About 10 miles into using it, the car got mad at me and took away the privilege, so I had to drive without it during the rest of the trip home. I don't like the position of the blind spot camera on the screen, but I read there is an software update that will allow me to move it to a spot away from the steering wheel.

I'm looking forward to your feedback when you get your Model Y. If I remember correctly, you pick it up on Tuesday.

I was surprisingly pleased with the alignments and overall build quality. The door handles were flush, no significant alignment gaps and no rattles on the 2-hour drive home. The suspension was much better than expected, and the car hugged the road quite well. Overall, the build quality and appearance exceeded my expectations. It's going to be a fun car to drive, but It'll take awhile for me to learn all the bells and whistles.

Auto pilot will take some getting used to, though. About 10 miles into using it, the car got mad at me and took away the privilege, so I had to drive without it during the rest of the trip home. I don't like the position of the blind spot camera on the screen, but I read there is an software update that will allow me to move it to a spot away from the steering wheel.

I'm looking forward to your feedback when you get your Model Y. If I remember correctly, you pick it up on Tuesday.
Yes. I’m supposed to pick up on Tuesday. My car is supposed to arrive in Raleigh today, which was changed from Friday. So I’m not sure that Tuesday will stand with tomorrow being a holiday. When will they inspect and clean it? I’ll certainly give my feedback when I get mine.

That software update you should get overnight I would think. For AP to stop I think there are two main things to cause that. Eyes not on the road ahead of you and hand not on the steering wheel (being messaged about it too many times). At least that’s what I’ve seen in the videos.

Well glad you got yours and made it home safely.

SNIP

That software update you should get overnight I would think. For AP to stop I think there are two main things to cause that. Eyes not on the road ahead of you and hand not on the steering wheel (being messaged about it too many times). At least that’s what I’ve seen in the videos.
FYI, New tesla vehicles tend to start receiving software updates after 2-3 weeks. No one knows why there is a delay. Use forums search feature & you will see messages supporting my statement.
You probably had your eyes off the road repeatedly, taking in the view without realizing how long you were not looking at road or you might have been looking straight but eye movement indicated you were daydreaming rather than focusing on road. With practice you’ll reduce the number of warnings.
If the car takes away the privilege to use autopilot, you can pull over. Put car in park..open and close your door. Then put car in drive mode and autopilot should be available. Or leave car put it in locked mode. Then return to car.

• Helpful
Reactions: BarryC7 and Gary.F
FYI, New tesla vehicles tend to start receiving software updates after 2-3 weeks. No one knows why there is a delay. Use forums search feature & you will see messages supporting my statement.
You probably had your eyes off the road repeatedly, taking in the view without realizing how long you were not looking at road or you might have been looking straight but eye movement indicated you were daydreaming rather than focusing on road. With practice you’ll reduce the number of warnings.
If the car takes away the privilege to use autopilot, you can pull over. Put car in park..open and close your door. Then put car in drive mode and autopilot should be available. Or leave car put it in locked mode. Then return to car.
That’s strange that it takes 2-3 weeks for updates to occur on new vehicles. I’m a software engineer and I can understand not doing updates while the cars are sitting at the factory, but once they are received at the service centers pending delivery they should update automatically. Each car comes with free 30 days premium connectivity so an update can be done. When an owner picks up their car they should be totally up to date. It’s like when you buy an ICE car and have SiriusXM, but it doesn’t activate for 2-3 weeks. The updating feature just isn’t programmed to occur like it should. It would be interesting to know why.

Last edited:
Reactions: DerbyCityY