Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can I get someones opinion on this: At the time I ordered the car, FSD was $10,000. I can still get it at this price and am curious if anyone thinks it would be a good investment down the road if I were to sell the car about 5+ years in the future? Thanks!
I also had the option of buying FSD at 10k and planning to keep the car for few years but decided not to buy outright and instead use it with subscription on need basis. The factors that I considered are a) resale value with FSD not as much. If you add FSD, not many will shell out 70-80k in few years time with FSD on used vs say 50-60k on used vehicles without FSD. B) FSD is tied to vehicle not user. If I could purchase it my name and transfer to next vehicle, I’d certainly buy it c) less demand of fsd vehicles on resale of used vehicles vs ones without fsd
D) I most likely will sell current MY in few years and buy latest one with better tech. In that case I have to buy fsd again

@Gary.F , @PaulSeivert , @ohmman - Thank y'all for your replies. I will probably hold off from what I am hearing. Do any of you know with the subscription, will that allow you to use the city driving features if Tesla were to release it fleet wide *if you have FSD*?
Supposedly it will. Subscribers can request access to the beta, but I'm not sure if any of them have been granted it. Once it's released fleet wide, that should include subscribers as well.

MYLR7, Midnight Silver Metallic, Black interior, 19" Gemini wheels, tow hitch, no FSD
OD: 1/1/2022
VIN: 9/9/2022 F547xxx
EDD: 9/22-26/2022

No delivery scheduling yet and no text about mobile charger coupon.
I'm interested to find out at delivery if I will get a mobile charger, some sort of cargo cover, and front console data USB-c ports.

I wasn't able to see a 7-seater in the showroom or test drive, so I am also interested to see how well the third row works for my young kids with booster seats.

MYLR7, Midnight Silver Metallic, Black interior, 19" Gemini wheels, tow hitch, no FSD
OD: 1/1/2022
VIN: 9/9/2022 F547xxx
EDD: 9/22-26/2022

No delivery scheduling yet and no text about mobile charger coupon.
I'm interested to find out at delivery if I will get a mobile charger, some sort of cargo cover, and front console data USB-c ports.

I wasn't able to see a 7-seater in the showroom or test drive, so I am also interested to see how well the third row works for my young kids with booster seats.
My car just came from Fremont. It had the mobile charger in it which is why I didn’t get the code. There is no cargo cover. The sides don’t even have the ledges to put one on. My front console has 4 usb-c ports. 2 down in the console and 2 on the rear of the console by the back seat air vents. There is a 12 volt cig lighter plug-in in the console and in the rear of the vehicle. Hope this helps. I think your kids will be fine in the 7 seater, but won’t be for much older, taller kid or adults. No head room.

My car just came from Fremont. It had the mobile charger in it which is why I didn’t get the code. There is no cargo cover. The sides don’t even have the ledges to put one on. My front console has 4 usb-c ports. 2 down in the console and 2 on the rear of the console by the back seat air vents. There is a 12 volt cig lighter plug-in in the console and in the rear of the vehicle. Hope this helps. I think your kids will be fine in the 7 seater, but won’t be for much older, taller kid or adults. No head room.
Good to hear they might include the mobile charger in the car! I also won't expect to have the cargo cover ledges. I wonder if the console USB-c ports are power only or can be used for data (e.g., Sentry recordings, music, or video game controller)?

I got the same "We plan to build and deliver your Model Y in September" text.

I also got the trade-in offer a few days ago. It came it at the bottom end of the estimate range from the beginning of August. I think we're about 99% sure we'll go with a private sale or another car buying service, as the estimated sale price has consistently been $5k-$9k higher.

Reactions: ohmman
Good to hear they might include the mobile charger in the car! I also won't expect to have the cargo cover ledges. I wonder if the console USB-c ports are power only or can be used for data (e.g., Sentry recordings, music, or video game controller)?
My understanding is that the rear usb-c ports are for charging only. I forgot earlier there is a usb-a in the glovebox for the sentry and music.

Well, I've reached the first day of my 10 day delivery window (September 14-24). Let's see if they adjust it or if I just live "in the window" for a while.
Oh no! I'm 6 days out and worried (EDD 9/20 - 10/4). I'm sorry to hear you've entered the window without a VIN. Perhaps this quarter isn't our quarter. I just hope there aren't many more rate hikes before December's end-of-quarter delivery rush.

Oh no! I'm 6 days out and worried (EDD 9/20 - 10/4). I'm sorry to hear you've entered the window without a VIN. Perhaps this quarter isn't our quarter. I just hope there aren't many more rate hikes before December's end-of-quarter delivery rush.
To offer some hope....I notice many people got VINs exactly 6 days before the EDD. And... 6 days before...boom.... Mine showed up.... Just trying to find the positive...