Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jet Engine Sound Through Speakers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the strangest thing happen to me yesterday. On our way to a restaurant there was a large pop sound and then what sounded like a jet engine at very high volume through the speakers. Nothing I tried would turn it off or down, rolled down the window a bit and it stopped! Rolled the window up fully and it started again. Had dinner, and when we left, same thing so we drove home with the window partially open. Took her out this morning and no jet engines screaming at me, did a reboot just for the heck.

Anybody have this happen to them or were the planets aligned just right.

Had the strangest thing happen to me yesterday. On our way to a restaurant there was a large pop sound and then what sounded like a jet engine at very high volume through the speakers. Nothing I tried would turn it off or down, rolled down the window a bit and it stopped! Rolled the window up fully and it started again. Had dinner, and when we left, same thing so we drove home with the window partially open. Took her out this morning and no jet engines screaming at me, did a reboot just for the heck.

Anybody have this happen to them or were the planets aligned just right.
That is the noise cancelation going bonkers. It happens once in a while. You rolling down the window was the hint because it shuts off when windows are open.

You can go into audio settings and turn it off. Wait a day and turn it back on.

It’s gone bonkers on me just once in the last year and I normally leave it on because it does work most of the time.

• Informative
Reactions: Midnightsun