Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Joe Mode "kills" Turn Signal sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep noticing I could hardly hear my signals at speed. Turned Joe Mode off and the sound came back to normal. Seems a little strange to have Joe Mode nearly mute the signal sound since it is NOT a warning type sound. This will just lead to more people driving longer and more often with the signal left on.
HUH?

WHAT!?

WHATS THAT SONNY????

Abraham_Simpson.png

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG
Still trying to figure out if people are complaining about or applauding the silencing of the turn indicator sound. Myself, I usually have the tunes loud enough that I can't hear it anyways (haven't experienced Joe mode yet: V10 just installed last night and have yet to drive since).

I do agree that Joe Mode shouldn't lower the turn signal audio. It's even worse when you play loud music since it literally drowns or cancels out the turn signal. I was driving for 5 minutes with my turn signal still active o_O

I hoping this is just a bug and that a new update will address this sound issue.

Reactions: Big Earl
Still trying to figure out if people are complaining about or applauding the silencing of the turn indicator sound. Myself, I usually have the tunes loud enough that I can't hear it anyways (haven't experienced Joe mode yet: V10 just installed last night and have yet to drive since).

It’s not possible to have tunes loud enough to drown out the turn signal sound. With Joe Mode off that sound is dynamic and is raised along with the audio volume (though yes it’s still possible to not hear it if you have “busy” music playing.

I think complaining (albeit mildly). Turn signal isn't that loud (compared to AP chimes) and I personally would rather have it at original volume while everything else was reduced. That said, I don't care greatly and I'm far happier in "Joe" mode that I was was with the original volume levels.

Also, the name is stupid. Just call it quiet mode or something. Even though I've never seen a Mad Max movie, I at least get the cultural reference and it's pervasive enough I suspect most drivers would. But in general I'm a fan of calling things by relevant names.

If you forget to cancel the indicators (I thought you Americans called them "blinkers???") what should happen is the little green arrow on the screen gets bigger and bigger until it blanks out the entire display.

Or the sound they make should get louder and louder, like an escalating ring on a phone.

I think they are generally referred to as turn signals. But some Americans don't know this feature exists.
Good idea though!

If you forget to cancel the indicators (I thought you Americans called them "blinkers???") what should happen is the little green arrow on the screen gets bigger and bigger until it blanks out the entire display.

Or the sound they make should get louder and louder, like an escalating ring on a phone.
you mean a giant green arrow like the robot face in your avatar?

I'M TURNING!! GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

It’s not possible to have tunes loud enough to drown out the turn signal sound. With Joe Mode off that sound is dynamic and is raised along with the audio volume (though yes it’s still possible to not hear it if you have “busy” music playing.

Medium volumed music completely drowns out the turn signals when joe mode is on.