Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

July 2018 build month. Are you happy with your M 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
H

hcdavis3

From what I have read. July 2018 was a good month for Model 3 production. Even though it was in the middle of what Elon describes as production Hell. My car was delivered 3 weeks ago with 60 miles on the ODO. Nobody can tell me where it’s been this whole time, but....
It has no rattling of any kind. The body panels are aligned pretty well. I’ve gotten 2 firmware updates. One to 2019. 5.15. That got me 325 miles of range. 2019.8 3. That one got me the 5% power increase and yes I can feel it. With he exception of a few hiccups on both updates like backup cam issues which have resolved themselves I consider myself very lucky. Have you guys been lucky too? Looking forward to your responses. Many thanks, Carter.

From what I have read. July 2018 was a good month for Model 3 production. Even though it was in the middle of what Elon describes as production Hell. My car was delivered 3 weeks ago with 60 miles on the ODO. Nobody can tell me where it’s been this whole time, but....
It has no rattling of any kind. The body panels are aligned pretty well. I’ve gotten 2 firmware updates. One to 2019. 5.15. That got me 325 miles of range. 2019.8 3. That one got me the 5% power increase and yes I can feel it. With he exception of a few hiccups on both updates like backup cam issues which have resolved themselves I consider myself very lucky. Have you guys been lucky too? Looking forward to your responses. Many thanks, Carter.
What do you mean have you guys been lucky too? It's the same car, just enjoy it. Your car with less panel gaps than an earlier production car doesn't make theirs inferior.

What do you mean have you guys been lucky too? It's the same car, just enjoy it. Your car with less panel gaps than an earlier production car doesn't make theirs inferior.
That’s not what I’m saying. Just curious for people with July 2018 build. If the July 2018 builds are great, then that’s great too. I mean some people have considered themselves to be lucky to have a perfect car. I’m one of them.

You know as well as I do. Some 2018 production 3 s have issues. Mine doesn’t. And yes it is exactly the same car. I’m just curious. That’s all.

I'm also very happy with my July 2018 LR RWD Model 3

• No paint issues for my Pearl White
• Minimal to no panel gaps (other than headlight alignment which was common across all early 2018 builds)
• No major rattles (a small minor one with the center console over rough roads)
• No battery or charging issue
• Left side of horn wasn't working (misaligned clip which was corrected with a Service Center visit)

I'm also very happy with my July 2018 LR RWD Model 3

• No paint issues for my Pearl White
• Minimal to no panel gaps (other than headlight alignment which was common across all early 2018 builds)
• No major rattles (a small minor one with the center console over rough roads)
• No battery or charging issue
• Left side of horn wasn't working (misaligned clip which was corrected with a Service Center visit)
Thanks. Like I said. The July 2018 build has been good. And yes I’ve got the orange roof when wet. I kind of like it too. YMMV

July 18 build. Delivery at Coral Gables, FL flawless, paint flawless, interior flawless, driving flawless. Usual software hiccups that most have resolved by reboots. Left side of horn requires too much force, a common problem of that time. Condenser cooling fan has apparently shed a small balancing weight about one month after delivery resulting in a barely noticeable vibration at some fan speeds where there was none before. Hopefully awaiting the opening of a nearer SC to access the fan plenum from beneath and replace the weight or fan. If it hadn't been completely vibration free from the start I would never have noticed it. The weight is probably still laying there.
These cars are still the best value unless you really need AWD or need more testosterone satisfaction.

Reactions: hcdavis3
July 18 build. Delivery at Coral Gables, FL flawless, paint flawless, interior flawless, driving flawless. Usual software hiccups that most have resolved by reboots. Left side of horn requires too much force, a common problem of that time. Condenser cooling fan has apparently shed a small balancing weight about one month after delivery resulting in a barely noticeable vibration at some fan speeds where there was none before. Hopefully awaiting the opening of a nearer SC to access the fan plenum from beneath and replace the weight or fan. If it hadn't been completely vibration free from the start I would never have noticed it. The weight is probably still laying there.
These cars are still the best value unless you really need AWD or need more testosterone satisfaction.
Thanks Lolder. Yup my car agrees with your car. Thanks for your input.!!

I've been happy with my March 2018 build also, so I'd say you're worrying too much. Mine had some interior and exterior fit/finish issues that the service center sent to a 3rd party body shop to fix.

The only thing I wish I hadn't missed out on was the revised, higher rear seat bench that Tesla introduced about 2 months later. I'm a bit tempted to ask the SC to replace it as a courtesy or to buy one off of eBay if they refuse. :D

I've been happy with my March 2018 build also, so I'd say you're worrying too much. Mine had some interior and exterior fit/finish issues that the service center sent to a 3rd party body shop to fix.

The only thing I wish I hadn't missed out on was the revised, higher rear seat bench that Tesla introduced about 2 months later. I'm a bit tempted to ask the SC to replace it as a courtesy or to buy one off of eBay if they refuse. :D
Thanks David. I’m not worried too much. I just read somewhere on the forums that the July builds happened to be really good. My car has been great. Looks like everyone who responded agrees for the most part. Have a great evening and enjoy your car. I’m definitely enjoying mine.

Reactions: David L

So the car sat around for 8 months??? Whoa

Sept 2018 build here without much quality issue after 1,200 miles. Never been to the service center other than spoiler and badge installation. No rattle noise (unlike my Model X). However I just recently discovered that the car only charges at 32A instead of 48A with an error on the screen that charging speed is reduced. I don’t know when this started but it’s not a major issue at the moment.

Sept 2018 build here without much quality issue after 1,200 miles. Never been to the service center other than spoiler and badge installation. No rattle noise (unlike my Model X). However I just recently discovered that the car only charges at 32A instead of 48A with an error on the screen that charging speed is reduced. I don’t know when this started but it’s not a major issue at the moment.

The UMC is limited to 32A. But, assuming you’re using a HPWC, then issue is likely a voltage drop on your home electric service when under load that’s causing the car to drop the amperage.

Knock on wood, my July 2018 build has been good so far. I have 11,000 miles.

Reactions: hcdavis3