Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just dropped off my month-old 100D for a surprisingly open-ended service appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lemon law that bastard. Don't let them "buy it back," lemon law that thing. If they want to try and buy it back, there had better be a stack of cash in the glove box of the new car. A lemon car gets labeled as such and it follows the car, obviously decreasing the value. if they just replace it or buy it back they may or may not fix the issue and sell it as lightly used car for not much less and the next guy gets screwed. So basically they can pay me for my troubles or they can have a registered lemon on their hands.

I wouldn't mention anything about lemon-ing the car until you're past the ability to do so, 30 days? Nothing worse than you throwing that card down and they give it back at day 29 then you have to make 2-3 more visits to claim it. If it really is a simple firmware issue, and they found the issue, rewrite it now and push it out in the next update. Them saying they don't know when it will come out tells me they either aren't sure or it's not a high enough priority for the programming team. Either one isn't acceptable to me, but you can read my other posts around here and tell I don't buy into any Tesla holier than tho BS.

Reactions: pdx3181
I am simply asking for the rep to follow up and do what she said she would do. In the first case, she said I would hear back. Undefined timeline. Days later, I hadn't heard back so I reached out again.

She then said, "I'll be back in touch this afternoon." She didn't get back in touch.

I am not demanding they fix my car today. I understand that will take time. However, I am demanding they tell me when it is fixed.

As a customer who spent $120K with them, I believe that's an acceptable expectation.

You seem to prefer I just roll with it and take what I can get. No thanks.

Keep fighting. You're fighting for people who are going through the same issues. I have now been to my SC for the 3rd time to get something fixed and they refused again.

PDX ... just dropped off my late '17 100D model X today... guess the problem ... phantom door. They acted like it was something they had never seen. Wish I had read your thread earlier.

Talk to Matt V at the SC. He is aware of my car.

Keep fighting. You're fighting for people who are going through the same issues. I have now been to my SC for the 3rd time to get something fixed and they refused again.

Will do.

LOL .. well PDX, again guess who I have been talking to ... Matt ... pleading ignorance, or rather wants me to "... just watch it, and when it happens note the time and give us a call so we can access the data ..." I did tell him that there had been another X in there with a similar problem. His response, "even though someone with a similar car has a similar problem, it may be something different." OK, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but don't think I will be as patient. Car was supposed to be "ready" for noise issue fix today, but 4:30PM and haven't heard anything.

......snip....
This company is a dumpster fire.
as stated in @ least a ½dozen prior posts;
(lemy put a different twist on it this time) if you want to stay warm & the only place is a dumpster fire, & it's the only game in town, then that's what you got.
you could have bought a Chevy Bolt, with its paltry to no infrastructure, but that would be like trying to stay warm with a few cans of Sterno.
;)

LOL .. well PDX, again guess who I have been talking to ... Matt ... pleading ignorance, or rather wants me to "... just watch it, and when it happens note the time and give us a call so we can access the data ..." I did tell him that there had been another X in there with a similar problem. His response, "even though someone with a similar car has a similar problem, it may be something different." OK, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but don't think I will be as patient. Car was supposed to be "ready" for noise issue fix today, but 4:30PM and haven't heard anything.

Wow. Just wow.

as stated in @ least a ½dozen prior posts;
(lemy put a different twist on it this time) if you want to stay warm & the only place is a dumpster fire, & it's the only game in town, then that's what you got.
you could have bought a Chevy Bolt, list no infrastructure, but that would be like trying to stay warm with a few cans of Sterno.
;)

Probably true. But that's a line of thinking that has sunk many a young company.

Car companies simply can't exist selling one car to a family. They count on building brand and getting a "lifetime" of repeat sales.

How many people are on their second or third F150 or Benz?

Based on my experience, this is my last Tesla.

Wow. Just wow.

Probably true. But that's a line of thinking that has sunk many a young company.

Car companies simply can't exist selling one car to a family. They count on building brand and getting a "lifetime" of repeat sales.

How many people are on their second or third F150 or Benz?

Based on my experience, this is my last Tesla.

Third F150? Good guess. I never understood the nascar-ish brand loyalty. I always shop around... why not? If Ford screwed me or wasted my time, I'd go somewhere else. But if I can get a great
deal on a Denali that beats the pants off Ford for value... I'd switch for that too.

PDX ... just dropped off my late '17 100D model X today... guess the problem ... phantom door. They acted like it was something they had never seen. Wish I had read your thread earlier.

Same thing with me. Dropped my sept 17 X100D for service for a few issues, the phantom door being one of them, and they acted like that was unheard off, and they would look into it.
Result: "we couldn't reproduce the issue, sorry". So I still have that issue...

Same thing with me. Dropped my sept 17 X100D for service for a few issues, the phantom door being one of them, and they acted like that was unheard off, and they would look into it.
Result: "we couldn't reproduce the issue, sorry". So I still have that issue...
we took pictures of our dash display showing it happening - & logged the time. it is shame that they sometimes say they see no log. We've had logs looked up remotely without an incident, and yet other times? Not so much.
anyway, our door parts iirc were called a synching mechanism. Back ordered. Hopefully our parts aren't given away to another while we're waiting for our appointment, like what happened with our replacement ceiling headliner.

Reactions: pdx3181
we took pictures of our dash display showing it happening - & logged the time. it is shame that they sometimes say they see no log. We've had logs looked up remotely without an incident, and yet other times? Not so much.
anyway, our door parts iirc were called a synching mechanism. Back ordered. Hopefully our parts aren't given away to another while we're waiting for our appointment, like what happened with our replacement ceiling headliner.

Please post here if this solves your issue. Would like to raise it with my SC if it does.

• Helpful
Reactions: hill
For door issues, do you have auto presenting doors enabled?

I turned mine off pretty much the first week I had the car. I haven't had any odd door issues.

I did. And actually used them. Now that they are turned off, the issue hasn't recurred. But the auto-presenting doors was part of the reason I purchased the car over the S. (I also can't seem to use the fob to open the front doors anymore - also a minus, even if I didn't want to use the auto-present.)

BTW - Still no reply since last week's email from Tesla saying I would get a reply that afternoon.

I did. And actually used them. Now that they are turned off, the issue hasn't recurred. But the auto-presenting doors was part of the reason I purchased the car over the S. (I also can't seem to use the fob to open the front doors anymore - also a minus, even if I didn't want to use the auto-present.)

BTW - Still no reply since last week's email from Tesla saying I would get a reply that afternoon.

Yeah I too wish I could have auto present off and open with double-click still on. :(