Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 12.1 update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d buy that. But that now means I come out to a car that has several ‘incidents’ every time I leave it. I walked in front of it, left to right, and it left a notification. Which leads me to believe that every time someone walks past my car to get to theirs down the isle, I’m going to have a report waiting for me. That’s overkill in my book.
That's probably the reason why they don't send you a notification to the phone every time that happens. ;) That would get annoying real fast. Eventually they will hopefully add some way to browse the recorded videos directly in the car so you can quickly see if something relevant happened. But as long as there's no damage to the car, who cares ...

Having a way to review video in the car would be awesome.

I still think the new notification is annoying. Based on my experience over the last 2.5 days, I'm going to come out to a car with Sentry notifications every time I get in my car. So, I'll get so used to seeing it and I won't even think about looking for damage to the car. I'll just end up mentally dismissing it after a week or two knowing that it's just another several false alarms. I'd much rather have it only notify me if is senses the car move. To me, there are 3 levels. Level 1 is someone being near the car. Maybe its to get in their car next to mine or maybe to gawk at the M3. Level two is slight movement to the car. Someone bumps it with their body, someone is has been standing within say, twelve inches of the car for more than 30 seconds, someone leaned on it, etc. And the third is obviously the bad stuff. Someone hit it while trying to park, someone broke a window, whatever. I'd only like notifications for the last two. IMO. It can record all three, but only notify if someone actually made contact with the car. Again, IMO.

Looks like this is the final release, 12.1.1 as it’s going out like hot cakes.

02663105-098B-4BA4-B60A-C71C4895EFC9.jpeg

Looks like this is the final release, 12.1.1 as it’s going out like hot cakes.

As of right now (9:15 US Eastern time, Monday 4/29), TeslaFi is reporting, for Model 3:
  • 2019.8.5 -- 2085 (by far the largest number of 2019.8.x installations)
  • 2019.12 -- 37
  • 2019.12.1 -- 18
  • 2019.12.1.1 -- 105
I don't recall the precise figures from two or three days ago, but there were about a hundred 2019.12.1 installations at that time. Thus, it looks like Tesla is aggressively moving people from 2019.12.1 to 2019.12.1.1, but there's not yet much evidence of a mass move from 2019.8.x to 2019.12.x. Maybe that'll happen soon, or maybe they're still doing a cautious partial general deployment before moving most cars on from 2019.8.x.

• Informative
Reactions: hcdavis3
Unfortunately, no. They're just updating everyone who already was on 2019.12.x (which is about 5% of model 3 owners according to teslafi stats).

If that's the case, it indicates that they found a major bug in 2019.12.1 and wanted to quickly fix it with 2019.12.1.1
In my last 4+ years of Tesla ownership, it's the first time I see a dot-dot-DOT release, so Tesla must've thought it was urgent to get this out ASAP.
As to why they chose to add another dot and append .1 to the existing release, instead of going to 2019.12.2 for example, is a mystery to me..

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Thank you for sharing. I have had that issue as far as having haft the screen distorted and no picture. what I did is formatted the USB to fat32 it seems to help a bit.I like the idea of over kill you never know someone may walk by and damage your rear as it does not record using the rear camera at least you have something.

Did not get the Supercharger Improvement on the Standard Plus, nor anything to do with Auto pilot which I don’t currently have.

Fred

Mar/19 build Standard Range Plus

1. High Performance Speed
2. Software Updates
3. TeslAtati
4. On-Route Battery Warmup
5. Additional Language
6. Web Browser
7. Tire Pressure Monitoring System

View attachment 402205

Did you actually get a web browser on the SR+, Fred?

I didn't think we got that feature!