Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to hear your .20 AP was really good, mine is terrible. Auto lane change works about 10% of the time lately (even when AP recommends the lane change). I stopped waiting for it and just override the lane change now.
Prior to this release the AP would change lanes if you had responded (given feedback to the steering wheel) in the last 16 or so seconds. When this AP was introduced you would have to give feedback to the wheel after the blinker came on. It seemed like the car was saying "Hey I want to change lanes, are you still there?"

Glad to hear your .20 AP was really good, mine is terrible. Auto lane change works about 10% of the time lately (even when AP recommends the lane change). I stopped waiting for it and just override the lane change now.

On NOA without confirmation, you have to tug the wheel after the car suggests a lane change and turns the blinker on to indicate that you are still present (when you get the flashing blue at the top of the screen). It will abort the auto lane change if you don't tug the wheel. Are you sure that is not what is happening? If I tug the wheel right, it does auto lane changes perfectly every time.

On NOA without confirmation, you have to tug the wheel after the car suggests a lane change and turns the blinker on to indicate that you are still present (when you get the flashing blue at the top of the screen). It will abort the auto lane change if you don't tug the wheel. Are you sure that is not what is happening? If I tug the wheel right, it does auto lane changes perfectly every time.

Yup, this has been necessary with “no confirmation mode” since it was introduced.

Reactions: diplomat33
View attachment 433144 Another thread of people with HW3 moving to the most recent build. I haven’t received it yet but my HW3 car has been updating to the most current software since 16.3.2 after that it merged. Everyone running 15.102-104 are now merging in with the rest. It just takes time for it come. Another thing, teslafi DOES NOT show HW3 source code for Model 3 they all show AP 2.5. So you have to kinda look at what software they’re coming from. My car came with 7.106 or something and updated while I was taking delivery to 12.1.2 however I didn’t have all the feature like NOAP, auto lane change until HW3 cars moved to 16.2-16.3.2. Just have patients it’ll come

Yeah, looks it JUST started updating yesterday, looking at other threads no one else has upgraded from this version. Wonder if they mistyped their firmware as the only difference from this version is one digit (if I recall correctly).

If you are talking about the option that allows you to get updates faster, then I hope you aren't assuming it means you are going to get every update as soon as it comes out. There is still a queue in the rollouts and it sometimes depends on your model / features.
Yes and as I have said before if EVERYONE can get them quicker then NO ONE really gets them quicker. While satisfying to cut on it is just placebo.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Yeah, looks it JUST started updating yesterday, looking at other threads no one else has upgraded from this version. Wonder if they mistyped their firmware as the only difference from this version is one digit (if I recall correctly).
I’m sure a few HW3 cars did. I don’t have a Teslafi account so I can only see what the firmware page shows. But if you have a full account it shows more details. But the update structure hasn’t changed yet. My HW3 car got 16.3.2 about a week before my hw2 did. It’s really just a toss up. Either way, the update is out and will pass along to just about everyone at some point unless another software gets pushed out. Hell this update has slowed a lot compared to last night

OK after driving on this new build for a couple days, here are my findings.

I'm not seeing the dancing cars anymore for the most part. At one stoplight I saw 1 car dance for a second, but other than that it was gone.

AP (note I do not use nav on AP typically) is working amazing.
I've been taking a lot of road trips lately and I rarely have to intervene anymore. In the week 20 update they added the ability for AP to properly handle merging cars. Now in week 24 it seems that Tesla has fixed the way the car handles a lane that widens out and then narrows back in. My M3 now stays in the normal part of the lane where it used to swing out to center.

Very happy so far. And it looks like Elon is hoping to release Advanced Summon next month. :)

I'm not seeing the dancing cars anymore for the most part. At one stoplight I saw 1 car dance for a second, but other than that it was gone.

I've been taking a lot of road trips lately and I rarely have to intervene anymore. In the week 20 update they added the ability for AP to properly handle merging cars. Now in week 24 it seems that Tesla has fixed the way the car handles a lane that widens out and then narrows back in. My M3 now stays in the normal part of the lane where it used to swing out to center.

Very happy so far. And it looks like Elon is hoping to release Advanced Summon next month. :)

I've noticed similar improvements. Tesla seems to be making some nice incremental progress.

Interesting. I specifically complained about the way my car handles merging lanes that widen and then narrow. I’ll be interested to test these findings of yours when my car gets the update pushed to it.

Thanks for this. I’m on HW2.5 as well, so glad it’s also participating in improved standard-AP functionality.

Just installed 2019.24.4 and home location is now in palo alto. Did they update the map as well? I hope so because speed limits are all over the place with the previous map.

performance Raven

Mine jumped to Palo Alto, too - which meant it switched out of scheduled charging and turned on Sentry, because I wasn't at home anymore.

A normal reboot didn't fix it, but a deep reboot did. I've also read that driving for a little while would reset to the correct location.

Reactions: kqnjml
Can anyone with this new update let us know what software version the navigation is?

186F4A5D-A838-425B-BD16-0DD36945983F.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG