Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got my pack replaced: 1014116-00-c

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You cannot get a 100 pack. It's too heavy for your car. See article below.
If you had an 85 and they are giving you a 90 they are covered.

I'll point out for the 700th time that this is misinformation. The 100 pack will function in nearly every pre-plaid Model S/X. It's not "too heavy" and has no safety concerns whatsoever in older cars, with extremely rare exception (there's some 2012 signature vehicles with some components I'd suggest upgrading if jumping to a 100, but that's about it).

I'll point out for the 700th time that this is misinformation. The 100 pack will function in nearly every pre-plaid Model S/X. It's not "too heavy" and has no safety concerns whatsoever in older cars, with extremely rare exception (there's some 2012 signature vehicles with some components I'd suggest upgrading if jumping to a 100, but that's about it).
Amen ✌️

Happy ending to what was originally a sad story. 2013 P85 purchased used. Original battery (guessing) failed at 114000 miles. Decided to replace it and got a remanufactured 85 kwh battery which only had 212 miles range at 100% SoC. Complained and was told it would improve with proper charging. It did get to 238 miles range but failed after 26,000 miles due to an "internal fault"! Tesla replaced under warranty with a 90 kwh 1014116-00-C. 271-272 mile range at 90% SoC! So 301-302 mile max range woohoo! Car and app now say it's a P90 too.

Attachments

• IMG_20230924_160404_01~2.jpg
    IMG_20230924_160404_01~2.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 81
Happy ending to what was originally a sad story. 2013 P85 purchased used. Original battery (guessing) failed at 114000 miles. Decided to replace it and got a remanufactured 85 kwh battery which only had 212 miles range at 100% SoC. Complained and was told it would improve with proper charging. It did get to 238 miles range but failed after 26,000 miles due to an "internal fault"! Tesla replaced under warranty with a 90 kwh 1014116-00-C. 271-272 mile range at 90% SoC! So 301-302 mile max range woohoo! Car and app now say it's a P90 too.
Keep an eye on the 90.... mine got less range after a while. Maybe they locked it down

Keep an eye on the 90.... mine got less range after a while. Maybe they locked it down
I have a bit of anxiety about battery fatigue, so I'm reluctant to go to 100% charge. But I did go to 93% charge and got 281 miles of rated range. Doesn't seem like my 90 is software locked today, 10 days after being replaced. Does Tesla lock range weeks after a battery change? I watch my battery range closely, so if I see a change, I'll post it here.

Attachments

• IMG20230925021714~2.jpg
    IMG20230925021714~2.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 51
I have a bit of anxiety about battery fatigue, so I'm reluctant to go to 100% charge. But I did go to 93% charge and got 281 miles of rated range. Doesn't seem like my 90 is software locked today, 10 days after being replaced. Does Tesla lock range weeks after a battery change? I watch my battery range closely, so if I see a change, I'll post it here.
My experience was engineering wanted to see a paid invoice before unlocking the batteries full potential.
Got it in I think November last year and with approximately 35,000 miles on it, the thing charges to 288 miles. First time after they unlocked it, it charged to 304, and before it left the service center locked it went to 275 at 100%
Since yours had nothing to pay and it came to you as a 90, nobody will change it back to 85. Congrats
Road trips are so much easier now, 45 minutes charges to way more range than over an hour with the old battery, im showing up to next charger with more % than before so it's much more comfortable

My experience was engineering wanted to see a paid invoice before unlocking the batteries full potential.
Got it in I think November last year and with approximately 35,000 miles on it, the thing charges to 288 miles. First time after they unlocked it, it charged to 304, and before it left the service center locked it went to 275 at 100%
Since yours had nothing to pay and it came to you as a 90, nobody will change it back to 85. Congrats
Road trips are so much easier now, 45 minutes charges to way more range than over an hour with the old battery, im showing up to next charger with more % than before so it's much more comfortable
I had mine replaced under warranty and had more range. 3w or so later it's marching my old 85 capacity.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
I had mine replaced under warranty and had more range. 3w or so later it's marching my old 85 capacity.
Lithivm is correct. Today, day 12 of my 90kwh battery, I had 248 mile range, 82% charge when I stopped at a store. Came back and my Tesla has the black screen/needs reboot on both displays. When it rebooted, it reverted to a P85 on the display and in the app. The 248 mile range still showed but now showing 90% charged. So my awesome 300 mile range P90 is now a 275 mile range P85. Since it was a warranty replacement I can't complain. But I think it's unusual how Tesla handles the timing and doesn't communicate anything about what they are doing.

• Informative
Lithivm is correct. Today, day 12 of my 90kwh battery, I had 248 mile range, 82% charge when I stopped at a store. Came back and my Tesla has the black screen/needs reboot on both displays. When it rebooted, it reverted to a P85 on the display and in the app. The 248 mile range still showed but now showing 90% charged. So my awesome 300 mile range P90 is now a 275 mile range P85. Since it was a warranty replacement I can't complain. But I think it's unusual how Tesla handles the timing and doesn't communicate anything about what they are doing.
they usually offer unlock to full 90 for like $700...

you're better off keeping that small bit software locked. It's unlikely going to make any difference realistically to have a few more miles of range, but by never seeing 100%, the battery should have longer longevity and less degradation over time. In fact, almost all the other car companies do this to protect the battery

• Informative
So your car was showing as a 90 for a while?

So your car was showing as a 90 for a while?
Yes from day 1 thru day 12 after the 90kwh battery installation, my car called itself a P90 on the displays and in the app. When I had to reboot on the night of the 12th it was back to a P85 on the displays and in the app. And with approximately a 25 mile range reduction. And never any message from Tesla that this would happen or what they did on the 12th day or any message at all. Having had two HV batteries fail this year I would have thought it was a battery issue if I hadn't already been reading this forum thread.

Attachments

• IMG20230923121630.jpg
    IMG20230923121630.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Informative
Reactions: gaswalla
If I had a software locked battery, I wouldn’t hesitate to charge to 100% anytime I was traveling.
When I picked up my car from Tesla service with the 90 kilowatt hour battery installed the service guy told me to charge the battery to 80 to 90% every day for a month or two. He said this would "energize" the battery, improving the range. He made no mention of the upcoming software lock. So I'm not sure if his advice applied to the charge level on an unlocked 90kwh or on a locked 90kwh. But either way, charging to 90% on the locked battery is within the range of what they tell you to do daily.