Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got new update: 2017.42 a88c8d5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly, the new update is not good. It broke the garage door opening feature, where I have to reboot the central console every time I want to use the garage opener. Autopilot seems a lot more jerky as well driving on my normal commute.

Honestly, the new update is not good. It broke the garage door opening feature, where I have to reboot the central console every time I want to use the garage opener. Autopilot seems a lot more jerky as well driving on my normal commute.
Are you talking about 17.42? That has fixed Homelink by all reports and we don’t think it’s still rolling out. Can you confirm your firmware?

A quicker short term solution is to go into the home link menu to your profile and click on the program button then cancel button. Should work after that.

• Informative
Reactions: OnBass
If you haven't received an update for over a month, call Tesla and have them look at the logs for your car to verify an update hasn't failed.

During Harvey, we parked our car in a multi-story garage for a week in "deep sleep" mode, and evidently during that time Tesla tried to push an update out to the car several times, and after that failed, our car was put on the "don't update" list - without any notification.

I called Tesla, they looked at the logs, indicated this had happened and told us the car could only be updated at a Service Center or with a mobile van - and until then, the car would not be sent any updates.

If it's been over a month since an update, you could check with Tesla to see if you are in the same situation.

Though with the reports of multiple problems in the recent updates, you may be better off waiting until this has all been cleared up - and the software is back to a stable state.

After 2 days living with 17.42, I can indeed confirm that the HomeLink issues appears to have been fixed. It used to stop working for me after a long sleep, but for the last 2 mornings, it has worked with no problems at all. The lag and delay I was seeing previously is also gone and it is very responsive. Auto close and open also appears to be much more precise and I have not had a missed opening or closing so far.

Touch wood, but so far I have not had any of the other issues (SAS, Steering assist..) that other 17.42 owners are reporting. I do notice that the IC seems to sleep more and I see the Tesla symbol more when I enter the car, but it goes away quickly and doesn't really affect my getaway...

This is on a MS75 with AP2.5 hw

Looks like a new version is already out but it’s not a.43.
Which makes sense since were still in the 42nd week.
The new version is 2017.42.1 94435ee
Looks like a couple cars already gotten the update.
These version releases are getting ridiculous! Since I got my car just a month ago, I've received FIVE updates! I don't know why I'm getting all these updates when there are others still on .34 or something, but so many releases cannot be good, especially when it's not actually rolled out to the masses in most cases....

I just got notification through the app that my car has been updated. It's now running 42.1 94435ee I am hesitant to contact the SC and ask if they've validated the patch against other issues (air suspension). I really don't want it back unless there is reasonable confidence in the update.

I am driving a S 75D with AP2.5 Hardware that was delivered Oct 3rd 2017

If you haven't received an update for over a month, call Tesla and have them look at the logs for your car to verify an update hasn't failed.

During Harvey, we parked our car in a multi-story garage for a week in "deep sleep" mode, and evidently during that time Tesla tried to push an update out to the car several times, and after that failed, our car was put on the "don't update" list - without any notification.

I called Tesla, they looked at the logs, indicated this had happened and told us the car could only be updated at a Service Center or with a mobile van - and until then, the car would not be sent any updates.

If it's been over a month since an update, you could check with Tesla to see if you are in the same situation.

Though with the reports of multiple problems in the recent updates, you may be better off waiting until this has all been cleared up - and the software is back to a stable state.

It "probably" will still not help. My updates have been two months old at times, including my .34, and after calls before and this time I was told "everything is great with you car we see it fine...you are on the latest firmware for your car" So irritating especially considering how bad my TACC and AP2 had been (provided emails and phone calls in the interim) and still no desire from the SC or TeslaNA to update me. Both times after two months it was only updated as part of a necessary SC visit not on a natural basis.

Rather than reboot, you can go into the homelink settings, edit the specific garage door, then cancel rather than doing anything. It will then work until the car goes to sleep. So annoying.