Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car came back from the SC, surprised it only took a day. So lemme tell you how it went....

Looks like they got the doors fixed and the build alignment is almost almost almost perfect. It will take them sometime to get the parts to fix the pop out seals fixed but those aren't a big deal.

Even though others confirmed that they don't have a cable under the drivers seat, the guy told me it should be their.

The trunk rattle has been 80% reduced but I can still hear it if I try to listen for it while I sit in the 2nd row.

Also, the wifi isn't working anymore ): Just got home, popped up the app and now it is just stuck on waking car.

Elon has to do better than that or else I will keep on asking.

I envision a sunshade that matches the headliner of the X that is solid NOT mesh. Otherwise, I will probably have to stick with my heatshield which is UGLY but functional, I will probably try to exchange mine with the black one so it is less of an eye-sore.

If anyone finds a reputable custom sunshade expert (as @ohmman mentioned) please let me know, the shops I contacted want to remove the current headliner and install a panel and mess with the car.

The after market 10% ceramic tint made a 95.47803% improvement now I need a sunshade that will resolve the 4.52197% (No, I didn't use a calculator).

"When one seeks a sunshade he/she can overcome anything" K-MTG

I don't really have a need for a sunshade because it has been 105 degrees + all week here and I have not felt the slightest bit hot in my Model X (the reflective quality of the windshield is amazing!), but if I were going to design a sunshade, it would be retractable so that you could adjust it to your needs while driving. It is not reasonable to think drivers are going to pull over and put in that cumbersome shade thingy that Tesla has provided every time a cloud moves over and exposes the sun. There are plenty of examples of retractable sunshades that can be adjusted on the fly... This isn't exactly rocket science (pardon the Space X pun).

sunshade1.jpg
sunshade2.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: K-MTG
I know right Tesla has all of the awesome features but they could have thrown in a couple that you could find in any SUV? Why can't the 3rd row fold it self flat and upright with a button? Arm rest in the 2nd row?

Update on the "clicking" noise:

As I mentioned previously, my X has a "clicking" noise from the trunk/rear-hatch area and was not resolved during the last SC appointment (even those they said they resolved the issue). I can hear it when I sit in the 2nd row (while autopilot takes care of the driving :)), especially at highway speeds (about 75 mph). The sound is mitigated when the parcel-shelf is fully closed but it still can be heard.

Since the sound is mitigated when the parcel shelf is fully closed, I suppose that implies the rattle is based from under the parcel shelf? What could possibly cause it?

I decided to open the accessory hitch, attached some photos. Did I get the full tow package? I don't see the tow button on the touchscreen. I don't think anything in their is causing the rattle.

Also, I noticed some screws on the bottom are missing, see images. Is that normal?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3874.JPG
    IMG_3874.JPG
    339.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3875.JPG
    IMG_3875.JPG
    266.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3876.JPG
    IMG_3876.JPG
    381.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3877.JPG
    IMG_3877.JPG
    330.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
My X got vandalized tonight, very unfortunate as my dashcam is scheduled to be installed next week.
Luckily it wasn't anything major, someone wrote multiple messages with their fingers on the car, such as "Wash Me". I wiped those without an issue but it looks like one of them must have jumped on the hood and left scratches (with jeans) all over. Will try to get some photos with better lighting tomorrow. Lesson learned...you must get a dashcam. I had it for a year on my Acura never needed it but the X is a much more high-profiled vehicle that attracts vandals.

My X got vandalized tonight, very unfortunate as my dashcam is scheduled to be installed next week.
Luckily it wasn't anything major, someone wrote multiple messages with their fingers on the car, such as "Wash Me". I wiped those without an issue but it looks like one of them must have jumped on the hood and left scratches (with jeans) all over. Will try to get some photos with better lighting tomorrow. Lesson learned...you must get a dashcam. I had it for a year on my Acura never needed it but the X is a much more high-profiled vehicle that attracts vandals.
That's awful, were there cameras around where you parked? If you're like me, you park way in the back of a lot away from other cars, but in a not so good part of town it might not be the best idea, motivates me to install my dashcam as soon as I get it.

That's awful, were there cameras around where you parked? If you're like me, you park way in the back of a lot away from other cars, but in a not so good part of town it might not be the best idea, motivates me to install my dashcam as soon as I get it.

Exactly, I parked in the back hoping that nobody else would park next to me, thus preventing door-dings. They were many other nice cars in the area but nothing as special as the Tesla. Will check for cameras