Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, yesterday I did the unthinkable... I took down my sunshade! And I loved it!... not sure it will be going back on anytime soon, I had my front side windows tinted and that has kept most of the heat out for now, preconditioning on hot days makes up for any heat from the windshield. I enjoy the visibility too much to block it now.

So, yesterday I did the unthinkable... I took down my sunshade! And I loved it!... not sure it will be going back on anytime soon, I had my front side windows tinted and that has kept most of the heat out for now, preconditioning on hot days makes up for any heat from the windshield. I enjoy the visibility too much to block it now.

That struck me as very, very funny! I'm glad you have the sunshade just in case -- and happier still that you love it huuuuuuge windshield without it!

On my way to Tyco to pick up my X in just a few minutes.

Reactions: systemcrashed
image.jpeg
Incoming sunshade for delivery tomorrow???

@K-MTG I got my X on Monday and it came with a sunshade in a nice bag in the frunk. I actually have not even bothered opening and checking if there is a sunshade in there :D
I dont think I need it. That being said, I do think the X gets pretty warm out in the sun, and the AC is not as powerful as I would have hoped. I don't see a "MAX AC" mode as in my BMW and some other cars, setting the AC to LO does not achieve the same effect.

I believe "max AC" is usually just the recirculate setting, but I could be wrong.
Dont think so, MAX AC on cars like BMW is a) AC temp set to Lowest, b) Fan speed set to highest, c) Recirculate often with the air flow mode starting with behind windscreen and then shifting to facing the occupants when the temperature has reached a comfortable setting.

My sunshade didn't come ):

Tesla only created the shipping label they yet to hand it over to Fedex
Warning captain - I took out the sunshade today , finally. It was crunched and creased and a piece of origami finesse, which once unfolded confused me to the extent that I had no option but to randomly throw my hands at it, hoping to get it folded so it fits back in the bag. I am never taking it back out again. Many of us could actually create a campaign and donate out sunshades to you so you have garage full of supply.
Btw I only got the windshield sunshade, no FWD top glass or lift gate sunshade. Is that expected?

• Love
Reactions: K-MTG
Warning captain - I took out the sunshade today , finally. It was crunched and creased and a piece of origami finesse, which once unfolded confused me to the extent that I had no option but to randomly throw my hands at it, hoping to get it folded so it fits back in the bag. I am never taking it back out again. Many of us could actually create a campaign and donate out sunshades to you so you have garage full of supply.
Btw I only got the windshield sunshade, no FWD top glass or lift gate sunshade. Is that expected?

My sunshade will never go back into th bag

Yea, only the windshield sunshade the others are extra

• Informative
Reactions: ssq