Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is solid black, will be posting more videos.

Yea, I definitely have to fold the mirrors when parking. Summon worked once normally but now it only works when I allow narrow spaces. I have to line it up perfectly, it was about to hit the side mirror yesterday but luckily I stopped it just in time
Can you measure your opening for me? Your's looks the same as mine and it seems like CmdrThor has a tight fit too. Mine is about 3" to 4" each side from the unfolded side mirrors.

I am also getting strange wifi issues, I have energy savings disabled and always connected checked. However the Tesla app only seems to work on LTE and I can't connect to it using the Tesla App on WIFI (for the most part)

I have 6 access points and I initially though that my Tesla was connecting to a different access point thus low signal so I changed the SSID of my 2.4ghz wifi on my airport express and connected it to the X successfully. I can navigate and browse the web on the Tesla so I know it is working. The app worked shortly after the connection last night but now this morning I can't connect to the tesla, same issue. Anyone with a similar experience? How can I resolve this? The tesla is still connected to my wifi at a decent connected strength

IMHO the wifi sucks big time. I turned mine off. To be fair the signal in my garage was not very strong even for the phone but the Tesla either could not connect or worked so poorly it was worthless. They really need to upgrade this as others have stated the technology chip is like 5 years old.

It seems to be louder than my ICE
@K-MTG - it is louder and I have had my SC check it twice and the shop foreman finds it "normal".
On the other hand, I find the cooling on my car way stronger as compared to MS and at say 85 outside while in my MS 68 would give me the desired level of cooling, for MX I have to keep it at 74. So maybe it has a bigger compressor that heats up more.

Is it possible that you either have a weak wifi signal to the car or that your router is blocking traffic?

I have a main AirPort Extreme as my primary router and have sever airport expresses and extremes that I use as access points. I changed the SSID for 2.4ghz on my garage access point so the tesla will only connect to the garage airport express but that didn't help. My tesla has no issues connecting to the wifi router and I can access the web browser however the tesla app doesn't work when the car is connected to wifi

I have a main AirPort Extreme as my primary router and have sever airport expresses and extremes that I use as access points. I changed the SSID for 2.4ghz on my garage access point so the tesla will only connect to the garage airport express but that didn't help. My tesla has no issues connecting to the wifi router and I can access the web browser however the tesla app doesn't work when the car is connected to wifi
There still might be a port restriction or conflict on your network. The browser would work but incoming data on a specific port from the app may not make it. Have you tried connecting to a friend or neighbors wifi and testing the app?

There still might be a port restriction or conflict on your network. The browser would work but incoming data on a specific port from the app may not make it. Have you tried connecting to a friend or neighbors wifi and testing the app?

The weird thing is that it worked initially and now it stopped working. Which port should I forward? I recently configured an IP camera on port 80, could that be a coincidence or the cause of the error

Try reverting the changes you made for the camera, see if that helps.

The thing is it took me 4 weeks of outsourced customer service to get it to work but if I must I could do it.

Do you know of any port I can try forwarding to get the tesla to work?

I also have another question about the accessory hitch, I ordered the accessory hitch and got the tow hitch like many others. Can I use my 4 bike rack that weighs roughly 50 pounds with the tow hitch I previously got for my MDX

The thing is it took me 4 weeks of outsourced customer service to get it to work but if I must I could do it.

Do you know of any port I can try forwarding to get the tesla to work?

I also have another question about the accessory hitch, I ordered the accessory hitch and got the tow hitch like many others. Can I use my 4 bike rack that weighs roughly 50 pounds with the tow hitch I previously got for my MDX

Not sure what to tell you, maybe try another wifi somewhere else. But if it was working and then you made changes to your router and it stopped working, I'd be reverting changes and trying again. Can you setup another router just for the tesla, maybe a spare.