Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kerbside pole-mounted chargers are now a thing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yep, it’s open

IMG_1577.jpeg

byo cable

IMG_1579.jpeg

Reactions: Hairyman
That unit is slightly different design to the Glebe one. The plate with the QR code and RFID icon is translucent plastic on the Glebe one, with LEDs behind which are green for “Available”, blue for “Charging” and amber for ”Reserved”. No LEDs on this one? Also it looks to be installed a little closer to the ground and has a cable tidy bolted to the pole.

Reactions: moa999
That unit is slightly different design to the Glebe one. The plate with the QR code and RFID icon is translucent plastic on the Glebe one, with LEDs behind which are green for “Available”, blue for “Charging” and amber for ”Reserved”. No LEDs on this one? Also it looks to be installed a little closer to the ground and has a cable tidy bolted to the pole.
There's LEDs on there for 'available' and 'charging' (just under the RFID spot) - I don't think there was a reserved one.

EDIT: Yes there is a reserved LED (the label is on top of the panel with LEDs, available and charging are written underneath)

Yes but you don't need any legislation to fine ICE cars.. the existing No Parking signage legislation was sufficient.

All the new legislation allowed was additional criteria for EVs... (and note that simply being plugged in counts as 'while charging')

VIC joins the street side party (among other things) ..

Intellihub Assets Pty Ltd will deliver a resourceful Street Light Pole Mounted EV Charger, installing 100 EV chargers mounted on street light poles across three inner city local government areas.
But I hope it is not those horrible Schneider Electric EVLink boxes shown on the Intellihub website.. My local shopping centre has two of these and they are always down

1694074317718.png

But I hope it is not those horrible Schneider Electric EVLink boxes shown on the Intellihub website.. My local shopping centre has two of these and they are always down

View attachment 971643

In their most recent “Lessons Learned” report to ARENA, Intellihub said that Schneider was developing a different unit for this purpose. Not the one shown in this mock-up.

New Integrated Equipment
Schneider Electric, our equipment supply partner, has released a new model in their EVlink Pro AC charger line. This integrates a revenue-grade meter and communications functionality. The impact on the project will be simpler, faster, lower training overhead installations. It also reduces the external physical installations, improving safety, reliability and work at height. While this was presaged early in the project, the introduction is timely, and the new units will be available for our installation timeline.

• Informative
Reactions: SPadival and moa999
I wanted to use the new EVX PoleCharger in Carillion Ave today, but both spots were ICE’d 🤬

Sydney City needs to paint the parking spots pronto like they did in Glebe.

If I was EVX I’d be ropeable over this - they are losing revenue because the parking restrictions are not being enforced.