Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the input on Albert Lea, nice little town I grew up miles east of there and late fathers wife still lives in Albert lea. Have eaten at the Applebees many times! Travelers can also get a good cheap breakfast at the HYVEE Grocery store. Haven't taken Tesla back east yet. Maybe next year as the I80 leg gets completed. thanks!
Thank You for the comment! It was a nice clean area. I was impressed that the motel at that location had so many 120v outlets for EV's as well. That way you could top off overnight without hogging a Supercharger. Clean, and Small area, just right for a overnight stop. If you drive through Wisconsin, be sure to stop and say hello ^_^

Hello islandbayy,

I just saw that someone published one of your videos under his name on youtube: Tesla Motors: P90D , 90kWh Packs, Single Motor 70s, and Ludicrous Mode! - YouTube

Looks like he wants to cash in on your work.

And he changed the licence from your original's Youtube-Standard Licence for "his" video to Creative Commons. So now everybody and their grandmother can use/duplicate/edit your video.
Thank you. Everything on his channel is stolen :(
I've sent some emails to those who I could recognize.

Dang, didn't realize you were gonna be in the area. Would have stopped by to say hi and thanks for all the videos. Sorry it was so hot here, but at least it wasn't Vegas, right?
It was a quick supercharger stop, but ended up sitting in standstill Atlanta traffic for about 4 hrs :(
Never driving through Atlanta during the day time again EVER @_@ HAHA

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to say congrats to K-man on getting a coupe more referrals today. May not end up being the NA winner but happy he's going to have some Te$la to score some new gear.
GRAZIE! It was a bit crazy, Monday magically got 2, and today, another! So I am now up to 4!!! I'm back in the game :) 2 more to tie with first place in North America, 6 more for the win! And 1 more to get a Powerwall and a ticket to the Gigafactory Grand opening. No matter what outcome, if I can get at least 1 more, I would be more then happy to put a Powerwall through it's paces for you all. I do have test ideas on notebook pages for that as well.
And gigafactory.... well, Let me just say, Bjorn and myself are making plans for a Live Event around the time of the Gigafactory opening, when he will be in the USA :) No set in stone plans yet, just ideas, but cant do much more then basic pre-planning until we have exact Gigafactory opening date ^_^ So please don't bug us for info. Should be fun though, and informative..... So thats all the Teaser you get for now ^_^

How can you do a video of the Santee SC stop and *not* go into the awesome Santee General Store and Bait Shop???

It's an awesome step into rural America with fishing supplies, food provisions, hardware, auto parts, beer, fireworks, and what looks like a flea market section.
Two antsy kids at the start of a 900 mile ride home..... Don't worry, will be going back through again in another month or so ^_^ I placed a bid on a 8 day 7 night stay at Myrtle Beach right on the ocean. I had 300 in the checkbook, and 50 in my pocket, so thats why I bid, which was stupid low.... Somehow, I won. No one bid against me because they were too busy bidding up the Disney Vacation (Valued at 3k, it sold for 4k...) and the Myrtle Beach trip was valued at 2k, and sold for 350.... So I have til Jan 20th to use that up....

Wow, I was in Charleston this past spring, and didn't go to this hotel because Plugshare said it was only for patrons -- I never considered just tipping the valets to use the HPWCs. (It was also way to expensive to stay there!!). So as that wasn't an option for me, I found several 240 J1772 chargers in downtown Charleston -- I used the one at the Galliard Garage which was a quick 7-10 minute walk from my hotel (Francis Marion), and it was free for the power, but I had to pay for parking. There are a few other J1772s around downtown in the public parking areas too (see plugshare). So your comment about the only other option is "an 8kw 30 miles NW or 120volt outlet" seems odd, and not quite accurate -- there are other 240v options right in downtown Charleston.

Wow, I was in Charleston this past spring, and didn't go to this hotel because Plugshare said it was only for patrons -- I never considered just tipping the valets to use the HPWCs. (It was also way to expensive to stay there!!). So as that wasn't an option for me, I found several 240 J1772 chargers in downtown Charleston -- I used the one at the Galliard Garage which was a quick 7-10 minute walk from my hotel (Francis Marion), and it was free for the power, but I had to pay for parking. There are a few other J1772s around downtown in the public parking areas too (see plugshare). So your comment about the only other option is "an 8kw 30 miles NW or 120volt outlet" seems odd, and not quite accurate -- there are other 240v options right in downtown Charleston.

Something weird was going on with plugshare on my phone that week. I couldn't get many locations to load. But in terms of something faster then 30 amps at 208v, this was it. I think I tipped the Valet $10, and then when we were ready to leave, I went and found the manager and personally thanked him and to pass my gratitude on to the owners. Should be a supercharger coming in the area some time soon. I will be heading to Myrtle beach in a Month or Two, so more fun that way. At least they have some CHAdeMO's and a closer supercharger to Myrtle Beach though.