Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lacking confidence at speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any update on the N2ITIVE parts? I'm considering the same "Alignment 1 Kit" from them for my soon to be Model X LR.

Nothing yet - I now have all the N2itive parts in hand and will likely do the install towards the end of next week when I can take the car down for a day for me to pull the wheels and put everything on. I also have to schedule getting it aligned at N2itive's recommended alignment shop in my area, and they schedule some time out.

I'll certainly report back on the install process and the alignment results... in my mind, this is a necessary mod to the vehicle - it has to be done.

Nothing yet - I now have all the N2itive parts in hand and will likely do the install towards the end of next week when I can take the car down for a day for me to pull the wheels and put everything on. I also have to schedule getting it aligned at N2itive's recommended alignment shop in my area, and they schedule some time out.

I'll certainly report back on the install process and the alignment results... in my mind, this is a necessary mod to the vehicle - it has to be done.

The one thing that sucks about this, and all suspension parts is that people are reporting they will not service a car with any aftermarket parts.

Reactions: EbS-P
The one thing that sucks about this, and all suspension parts is that people are reporting they will not service a car with any aftermarket parts.
This has not been my experience in the part 5+ years with my 3's. I've been on aftermarket lowering springs with front and rear sway bars and never had tesla say a thing at three different shops here in NJ.

I did have to pay out of pocket for noisy Upper Control Arms while on springs (under warranty) because it would have cost me more to remove and reinstall the springs vs. just paying for the $200 fix by Tesla.

For more involved or off-warranty issues its definitely good to have a local shop you can trust. My buddy Mike (former Tesla tech) is right over the boarder in from me in PA and does all kinda of crazy EV and ICE aftermarket work, as well as basic maintenance and repairs.

This has not been my experience in the part 5+ years with my 3's. I've been on aftermarket lowering springs with front and rear sway bars and never had tesla say a thing at three different shops here in NJ.

I did have to pay out of pocket for noisy Upper Control Arms while on springs (under warranty) because it would have cost me more to remove and reinstall the springs vs. just paying for the $200 fix by Tesla.

For more involved or off-warranty issues its definitely good to have a local shop you can trust. My buddy Mike (former Tesla tech) is right over the boarder in from me in PA and does all kinda of crazy EV and ICE aftermarket work, as well as basic maintenance and repairs.

Found the thread: WARNING For Those Installing Aftermarket Arms, Links, etc such as N2itive, Mountian Pass, etc.

Sounds like we are, as always, at the whim of the service center!

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Found the thread: WARNING For Those Installing Aftermarket Arms, Links, etc such as N2itive, Mountian Pass, etc.

Sounds like we are, as always, at the whim of the service center!
So just one example case at one service center? Did they try other SC’s? Why not just remove the links before the visit?

Just saying I’ve got buddies with HEAVILY modified 3’s here in NJ, custom air suspensions, custom brakes, wheels, widebody, full custom interiors with audiophile grade sound systems….. they still have had service center visits both mobile and in person without issue.

Of course if it’s an issue with related parts I would expect Tesla to charge for these services even if under warranty, but no issues with them taking the cars in for especially unrelated issues.

Not deterring me any…. What’s the alternative, have driveline shutters/failures and eating up rear tires with Tesla saying they can’t fix it or all is normal? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
So just one example case at one service center? Did they try other SC’s? Why not just remove the links before the visit?

Just saying I’ve got buddies with HEAVILY modified 3’s here in NJ, custom air suspensions, custom brakes, wheels, widebody, full custom interiors with audiophile grade sound systems….. they still have had service center visits both mobile and in person without issue.

Of course if it’s an issue with related parts I would expect Tesla to charge for these services even if under warranty, but no issues with them taking the cars in for especially unrelated issues.

Not deterring me any…. What’s the alternative, have driveline shutters/failures and eating up rear tires with Tesla saying they can’t fix it or all is normal? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dunno, that wasn't my post. YMMV

Reactions: NJturtlePower