Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last Oil Change Ever...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay so I am about 2 month away from delivery and my Prius just told me it's time for an oil change, usually I would dread it but not this time, I know it was my last one so I rushed over to Toyota to ENJOY MY LAST OIL CHANGE EVER!

I really wanted to share this excitement with friends and family but no one would really get it as they are all still driving gas powered cars.

I figure I would share with other on here that may have gone thru what I am going thru and share the excitement.

Please share your thoughts and comment.

Anyone else excited bout their delivery?

Feel the same. My last was last month when I watched a driverless mini-van roll out of the dealership service bay and crash into three customer vehicles--a fitting and dramatically symbolic end perhaps. My service techs were barely able to keep up with the technology on my vehicle and on a few visits it seemed like they were faking it. Perhaps a couple more weeks until I am free of the corrupt ICE service infrastructure.

Okay so I am about 2 month away from delivery and my Prius just told me it's time for an oil change, usually I would dread it but not this time, I know it was my last one so I rushed over to Toyota to ENJOY MY LAST OIL CHANGE EVER!

I really wanted to share this excitement with friends and family but no one would really get it as they are all still driving gas powered cars.

I figure I would share with other on here that may have gone thru what I am going thru and share the excitement.

hahaha it's an amazing moment! I've been taking my car to the same service place thing for the past 4 years, so I had a "friendship" with my service advisor or whatever they call them at those internal combustion engine places things where they do i dont know what to cars :rolleyes:. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was our last encounter and I was so freaking excited about it. Congratulations! :D

I am excited about my fupcoming Model X delivery - and your message reminds me of my Model S purchase a couple of years ago ("Car market literally down to 2 cars today") when I felt the same way.

Fast-forward to today, personally I am not as convinced of an ICEless future as I was back then - and not only because I still own ICEs too. I wrote more here recently, but to cut a long story short, I guess I am not fully convinced that the selection and versatility of EVs is there yet to allow that. I can see some scenarios where I still might buy a new ICE/PHEV.

This may well be different in 5-10 years time. Perhaps even in 2-4. But then again, it might not be. Maybe EVs won't stick but some other energy method will. I have chalked some of my initial EV enthusiasm down to hubris and a more realistic personal assessment is I might still buy some car with an ICE - or at least some other alternative technology that might not be as cool as an EV is - in it some day. I'd certainly like to avoid it if otherwise the car matches my needs, but an EV remains a compromise of its own kind and in some case some other compromise might still suit me better.

My Model S was almost followed by an ICE or a PHEV, instead of the Model X Signature I had on reservation (I did go for the Model X in the end). I guess the next big test, for me, comes with the Model 3. If it could replace a second car, that ICEless reality would be closer, but even then, who knows what the future might hold.

So, in the two years of driving the Model S and waiting for the Model X my opinion changed a bit from that initial "never again" to something in-between. Just my personal story, not trying to affect anyone else's. :)

Same feeling here!! Took delivery on 7/14/16 and seems quite odd that I don't have to go to a gas station.. Or for an oil change..
This is the very first Tesla in my city and county, people look at me like I am driving a spaceship!! Same when, I stop to supercharge it at supercharge in my town. So far, very happy with model X. Good luck guys, who are waiting, to get their's soon..

I had to take my X to our local ICE service center in order for them to sign some VIN inspection paperwork (a weird Utah thing cause Tesla can't sell direct here). I've got a pretty good relationship with them, and they all came out to check it out and take pictures. I'm sure I'll be back sometime for a new set of tires, but overall far less often. Maybe they won't know me by name anymore by then?!

I am excited about my fupcoming Model X delivery - and your message reminds me of my Model S purchase a couple of years ago ("Car market literally down to 2 cars today") when I felt the same way.

Fast-forward to today, personally I am not as convinced of an ICEless future as I was back then - and not only because I still own ICEs too. I wrote more here recently, but to cut a long story short, I guess I am not fully convinced that the selection and versatility of EVs is there yet to allow that. I can see some scenarios where I still might buy a new ICE/PHEV.

This may well be different in 5-10 years time. Perhaps even in 2-4. But then again, it might not be. Maybe EVs won't stick but some other energy method will. I have chalked some of my initial EV enthusiasm down to hubris and a more realistic personal assessment is I might still buy some car with an ICE - or at least some other alternative technology that might not be as cool as an EV is - in it some day. I'd certainly like to avoid it if otherwise the car matches my needs, but an EV remains a compromise of its own kind and in some case some other compromise might still suit me better.

My Model S was almost followed by an ICE or a PHEV, instead of the Model X Signature I had on reservation (I did go for the Model X in the end). I guess the next big test, for me, comes with the Model 3. If it could replace a second car, that ICEless reality would be closer, but even then, who knows what the future might hold.

So, in the two years of driving the Model S and waiting for the Model X my opinion changed a bit from that initial "never again" to something in-between. Just my personal story, not trying to affect anyone else's. :)

I'm sorry, but after reading all that, I have NO CLUE, what the heck you are talking about?
What are you trying to say?

Last fill up is another great feeling. When I rented a car a year ago it felt very very strange.
Final time to horrible gas station, it was sensational!
IMG_8946.JPG

I'm sorry, but after reading all that, I have NO CLUE, what the heck you are talking about?
What are you trying to say?

ICE = Internal Combustion Engine, PHEV = Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle in case the local abbreviations are not familiar.

Long story short: I was just sharing my personal feelings on "last oil change". Felt the same way when I got my first Tesla as you do today...

Yet strangely now that I await my second Tesla, I feel I may still have some oil changes in my future too. I guess my EV purity factor has diminished a little. I might again see a scenario where I buy a PHEV/ICE too.

Just a personal anecdote since it was asked of the thread. :)

Time and money are the 2 things that get spent when getting gas and oil changes! very easy to see the cost savings when dropping about 100 bucks on oil change and 700 on spark plugs and minor muffler work, ouch ! Tesla 25,000 service doesn't seem that bad.....so nice to spent time with family or other interests instead of going to the "shop" to get work done !!!