Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reservation #: 4891
Contact date: 9/11/2012. Config date 9/19/2012
Est. Delivery date: Late November, 2012. The Tesla rep said there about 3,000 config'd cars ahead of me. He also told me that they batch the production, so mine will be built with similar cars. I'm not confident in a 2012 delivery, but who knows?

60 kW, blue, sunroof, black/black interior, sound.

Still confused on the est. delivery dates. We are p2982 and have an est. of dec/jan. and this is for a p85 with almost all options except kids seats. strange seeing so many later numbers with earlier estimates. And this is after talking with one of the tesla reps. He was just as confused.

Still confused on the est. delivery dates. We are p2982 and have an est. of dec/jan. and this is for a p85 with almost all options except kids seats. strange seeing so many later numbers with earlier estimates. And this is after talking with one of the tesla reps. He was just as confused.

When did you finalize your options?

8/15. About 12 hours after receiving my email to build my order!! I wasn't wasting anytime. It would have been 10 minutes, but I waited for my wife to see the process. :)

Don't read too much into those delivery month estimates. They've been moving around with each batch of configs. The delivery call (as seen on the delivery update thread) about 2-3 weeks before the delivery window starts is all that matters.

We'll not know till well into November if they can get atleast 2,000 general production cars done this year.

Don't read too much into those delivery month estimates. They've been moving around with each batch of configs. The delivery call (as seen on the delivery update thread) about 2-3 weeks before the delivery window starts is all that matters.

We'll not know till well into November if they can get atleast 2,000 general production cars done this year.

I agree. Just thought it was strange to be quoting earlier estimates lately than toes of us who are up a bit further.
And the wait is good with me, as long as they do 2982 general production this year. The rest can wait.

I agree. Just thought it was strange to be quoting earlier estimates lately than toes of us who are up a bit further.
And the wait is good with me, as long as they do 2982 general production this year. The rest can wait.

Yeah, it seems to me like estimates received more recently are probably more accurate (not just saying that because they are earlier). Back in mid august they likely had a much less clear picture of the ramp than they do today. Hopefully a lot of us will be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, it seems to me like estimates received more recently are probably more accurate (not just saying that because they are earlier). Back in mid august they likely had a much less clear picture of the ramp than they do today. Hopefully a lot of us will be pleasantly surprised.

That's my thought too. Earlier on, there were more unknowns, so the earlier estimates perhaps were more conservative. Tesla may be dialing it in now and getting a better idea of rates--they just haven't given updates to the earlier reservation holders. At least that's what I'm hoping!

That articles has a lot of interesting numbers, like how many cars produced, how many actually delivered. Maximum they will deliver before the end of this month.
Tesla launches solar-powered charging network while struggling to build cars | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

And it seems that because they can't deliver fast enough, Tesla motors will have to renegotiate the terms of their DOA loan, or to find more cash...
That reinforce the point I was making about the weaknesses of their sales model, which I like don't get me wrong, but it has its own chalenges.

P5810 just got my configuration email! ready to go right now but still want the sunset red....not sure if I can stand to wait!

The Sunset Red is a very striking color.

Indeed. But, the wait may be looong though; all of the post-US Sigs - Canadian, EU, Swiss, UK and maybe, even Hong Kong, Australia - will have to be produced with the Sig Red still in play in the paint shop before it can be swapped out for the Sunset Red.

Indeed. But, the wait may be looong though; all of the post-US Sigs - Canadian, EU, Swiss, UK and maybe, even Hong Kong, Australia - will have to be produced with the Sig Red still in play in the paint shop before it can be swapped out for the Sunset Red.

I think they will stop the Sig Red paint, and do a second run for their RHD vehicles and other Euro/Asian exports in the middle of next year.