Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
John

Taking delivery at the store will probably save a day in delivery time since they may prep it there before delivering to your house. If they do, you can probably be sure that you'll have a standard charge on the car as well so you can take the family for a drive right then and there!

Where is Westchester are you by the way? I'm on the Yonkers/Bronxville border near Sarah Lawrence College.

Aaron

Order 10,636 finalized today:
85kWh
Grey Metallic Paint
19" wheels
Black Leather Interior
Obeche Wood Matte Decor
Air Suspension
Panoramic Shelf
Tech Package
Sound Studio Package
Paint Armor
Twin Chargers

Can't wait to find out our 2013 delivery date!

Finalization allowed for me -- see the sequence number in my sig. My email account says the email was sent on the 13th. (I haven't been able to check email until today.) They're moving fast.

#11638 (US, production)
email sent Dec 13
finalize button pushed Dec 18th
Tesla's computer estimates delivery "Feb / Mar 2013" (In time for my birthday, perhaps?)

Last edited:
Little surprised you ordered one, neroden. Thought that of all people you'd wait longer given the content of your posts. What convinced you to pull the trigger?

Sent via Tapatalk.

It's sort of hard to explain if you don't understand my psychology. I always work out the worst-case scenarios -- everything which could possibly go wrong. This can be really useful in investing. :) Then, if the worst-case scenario is really not that bad, I'm happy. :cool:

I'm not entirely happy with the management from an investment point of view (though I'm still invested... but my "buy more stock" price is lower than it would otherwise be). But none of the really serious problems affect the *car* (they're problems which would affect the *company*, not the *car*). And I have convinced myself that if the company goes under, it will remain possible to repair the car.

It's clear the car is going to be great. So I may eventually have to have the windshield wipers modified, and for a while I may have to pull over whenever there's heavy rain; well, I've had cars with worse problems! And now I can stop buying gasoline! :love: I've been wanting an electric car for TEN YEARS, but none of the others were up to my high standards. This car is (regardless of the fate of the company making it).

Finalization allowed for me -- see the sequence number in my sig. My email account says the email was sent on the 13th. (I haven't been able to check email until today.) They're moving fast.

#11638 (US, production)
email sent Dec 13
finalize button pushed Dec 18th
Tesla's computer estimates delivery "Feb / Mar 2013" (In time for my birthday, perhaps?)
Seems like a LOT of people are being "promised" Feb or March 2013.
Both me (84??) and you, 11638. About 3,100 cars in 2 months? 18,600 a year? On target for 25,000. But it makes me think that MAYBE mine might hatch, er, deliver closer to early Feb than early April?

Seems like a LOT of people are being "promised" Feb or March 2013.
Both me (84??) and you, 11638. About 3,100 cars in 2 months? 18,600 a year? On target for 25,000. But it makes me think that MAYBE mine might hatch, er, deliver closer to early Feb than early April?

When I called they specifically mentioned the 85kwh pack with active air. Seemed to be the trigger for who gets notice, thus such high numbers getting notice so quickly. Seems to me there might be a lot of 40 and 60kwh packs.

When I called they specifically mentioned the 85kwh pack with active air. Seemed to be the trigger for who gets notice, thus such high numbers getting notice so quickly. Seems to me there might be a lot of 40 and 60kwh packs.

Seems possible; I am getting 85kWh and active air!

Another thing to consider, though: At 400 cars a week, production starts going pretty quickly. They should be able to make 5200 easily before the end of March. So if even half the cars aren't 85kWh... that explains it.

Final thing to consider: they're probably being optimistic again. :rolleyes:

No, they have no idea what you're going to order until you finalize. You can change things daily until then (sometimes I think I do, just to see what looks good in my order). They are expecting to send out finalize notices to all pre-price increase reservation holders by the end of January. However, once you finalize your delivery estimate certainly depends on what you've configured.

No, they have no idea what you're going to order until you finalize. You can change things daily until then (sometimes I think I do, just to see what looks good in my order). They are expecting to send out finalize notices to all pre-price increase reservation holders by the end of January. However, once you finalize your delivery estimate certainly depends on what you've configured.

Actually I think they do. I simply mentioned my sequence number when I called in and he said "I see you have....so you can expect..."

From TM.com it seems like reservation holders as high as 12,136 have received their Finalize email.

I'm 12,848 so hopefully not too much longer although it may not matter as I am going to configure for the 85kwh with standard suspension which puts me to March at the earliest. I would have opted for the air suspension if I thought it would boost my place in line, but with 60 and 40kwh needing to be filled in the new year I dont think it will make a difference so sticking to the standard suspension.

I have been driving low profile sports cars for the last 8 years and as such am used to dealing with height. Don't see anything tangible in terms of specs on the TM site for air suspension above and beyond the lowering and raising of the car.

I also checked both here and TM.com and found that a couple of numbers higher than me had finalize. Thanks #12,104 for your post there. I'm 12,103 and it was all over in ten minutes. I also didn't get the email, but the Finalize button was there waiting for me when I logged on to MyTesla.

11,395 just finalized. Notice to finalize was 12-13. 85kwh, Blue, active air, non-pano blue roof, 19", black leather w/obeche gloss. MVPA should happen tomorrow. After finalizing it said Feb/March delivery for submitted orders before Jan 12th.