Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my finalize email this afternoon :) Wanted to do Balki's dance of joy in the office but didn't want folks to know why I was so happy.

I'm wondering if I finalize with 85kwh performance, 21" grey, black leather + carbon fiber, pano roof and tech package, if there's a decent chance for delivery before end of year. That's in a few weeks! Thoughts? .

i would bet against it, simply because you still haven't e-signed your MVPA yet. that email will probably come in a week or two, then we're all out of 2012.

if it were me, I'd order exactly the car i wanted and not change anything in order to get an earlier delivery date. there is simply no rhyme or reason to it. i think i am the highest P # who has a December delivery window, and i still can't figure out how i jumped the line so much. i actually feel guilty as people like Aaron have a much lower # and haven't gotten a delivery window at all... :redface:

i would bet against it, simply because you still haven't e-signed your MVPA yet. that email will probably come in a week or two, then we're all out of 2012.

if it were me, I'd order exactly the car i wanted and not change anything in order to get an earlier delivery date. there is simply no rhyme or reason to it. i think i am the highest P # who has a December delivery window, and i still can't figure out how i jumped the line so much. i actually feel guilty as people like Aaron have a much lower # and haven't gotten a delivery window at all... :redface:

Thanks, Kinddog, for the input. It was from reading your earlier posts that made me think, "Could I possibly get mine before year end if I order similar specs?" I didn't know that the MVPA would take that long. I expected the turn around would be within a day or two max (I read somewhere that it would take about a day, which is where I got this thought). Glad to know I can take some time to triple check what I want rather than hastily finalize with slim hopes of getting it before 1/1/13.

Much appreciated :smile:

P10267, just pulled the trigger. 85 kWh grey/grey/piano black with pano, tech, sound, air. Says expected delivery Feb/Mar for orders finalized by 1/2/12. Also, at the end it does state, "We are preparing your paperwork. We will notify you by email in about one business day when your paperwork is ready."

Thanks, Kinddog, for the input. It was from reading your earlier posts that made me think, "Could I possibly get mine before year end if I order similar specs?" I didn't know that the MVPA would take that long. I expected the turn around would be within a day or two max (I read somewhere that it would take about a day, which is where I got this thought). Glad to know I can take some time to triple check what I want rather than hastily finalize with slim hopes of getting it before 1/1/13.

Much appreciated :smile:

well... I got my MVPA about a week after i finalized. apparently for seidste1, it was just 48 hours.

again, they seem to be all over the place with timing. i wouldn't plan anything around them! better off to take your time, and get exactly what you want. :)

zippy, disordered sequences and discrepancies of 5,000+ have been common up to now, in much lower number ranges. At ratios of over 10:1. If that were any guide, you could get worried when numbers in the 30,000 range started to come up. Or maybe 50,000. Or 80,000.

Seeing all these finalizes in the 11000s. Should I be concerned?

If you didn't get the finalize e-mail, just login to My Tesla and see if you have the Finalize button. IIRC it shows up as a big red button next to the View Design (or whatever it's called) button, on the right. If it's not there (and as dsm363 says, not in your spam filter) then call or e-mail Tesla.

11,549 got the email today and I've already configured!

Performance, Pearl, Black Leather, Carbon, 21" Silver, Pano, etc, etc, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I got my finalize email this afternoon :) Wanted to do Balki's dance of joy in the office but didn't want folks to know why I was so happy.

I'm wondering if I finalize with 85kwh performance, 21" grey, black leather + carbon fiber, pano roof and tech package, if there's a decent chance for delivery before end of year. That's in a few weeks! Thoughts?

P10,804.

I'm 11,549 and my guesstimate on delivery is June 1. Since Tesla expects to make 400/week, you're probably a couple of weeks ahead of me. Although that can be thrown off by our particular colors, options, etc.

-------------

UPDATE: I could be wrong about this. Apparently, quite a few people have delayed their orders, so numbers in your territory could be delivering sometime in January.

Last edited:
Finalize!

If you didn't get the finalize e-mail, just login to My Tesla and see if you have the Finalize button. IIRC it shows up as a big red button next to the View Design (or whatever it's called) button, on the right. If it's not there (and as dsm363 says, not in your spam filter) then call or e-mail Tesla.

Thanks! It is there. I called Tesla (because I never got the email). This is probably covered in another forum, but they told me if you finalize by the end of the year you lock in the lower cost of the car.

40kw, Blue, Grey Leather, Tech Package, rear seats.

What are people thinking about active suspension?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 11,549 and my guesstimate on delivery is June 1. Since Tesla expects to make 400/week, you're probably a couple of weeks behind me. Although that can be thrown off by our particular colors, options, etc.

Was June your estimate or the one you received from Tesla after finalizing?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 11,549 and my guesstimate on delivery is June 1. Since Tesla expects to make 400/week, you're probably a couple of weeks behind me. Although that can be thrown off by our particular colors, options, etc.

I would say April-May timeframe for you. They are starting to crank out the cars. Visited my local store today and they said production is ramping nicely.