Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like there are a lot of us on the last round that still haven't received the official email even though we have the finalize button and are able to configure. I wonder why. It's definitely not the simple junk folder reason, but there are others in the same batch that did receive the email, so it's not an entire batch issue. The finalize button seems to work fine; however, I'm still deciding on one interior decision prior to completing finalization. Has anyone who didn't receive the email gone all the way through the finalize process?

Last edited:
Seems like there are a lot of us on the last round that still haven't received the official email even though we have the finalize button and are able to configure. I wonder why. It's definitely not the simple junk folder reason, but there are others in the same batch did receive the email, so it's not an entire batch issue. The finalize button seems to work fine; however, I'm still deciding on one interior decision prior to completing finalization. Has anyone who didn't receive the email gone all the way through the finalize process?

You can finalize once you see the button, the email is not required.

I'm P5673, I got the Finalize button last Thursday but still no email.

Wow. Not sure if they'll be taking a breather on the finalize (button) process, to monitor and adjust ramp production for the first 5000... but at this pace, they'll be asking me to finalize mine (#10608) before the end of September.

Maybe, just maybe, Elon and crew have been sand bagging on us.

Wow. Not sure if they'll be taking a breather on the finalize (button) process, to monitor and adjust ramp production for the first 5000... but at this pace, they'll be asking me to finalize mine (#10608) before the end of September.

A lot of excitement for sure, but I think "finalize" by the end of September is a little aggressive for #10,608. I was told to expect April delivery for #9045. Of course, I have not been waiting as long as a majority of the posters on this site have been waiting for their Model S, and I have specked the often talked about and delayed grey interior too!

I hope Tesla does turn on the deliveries as they seem to intend to do by quoting so many December/January shipments!

Hi Greg,

I doubt it will happen, but suppose they get to you by the end of September is that a bad thing? :wink: It would only be a bad thing if they were more than about 3-4 months ahead of delivery. They expect to ramp up very rapidly, that calls for a rapid confirmation process.

If they are successful in reaching their targeted rate why would they slow down the confirmation process with a large backlog of reservations?

You are in control. If by the time they get to you, and you if you fail to see the deliveries ramping up fast enough to allay your concerns, you can simply defer your reservation until the backlog is reduced to a number of months that you are comfortable with.

Larry

Hi Greg,

I doubt it will happen, but suppose they get to you by the end of September is that a bad thing? :wink: It would only be a bad thing if they were more than about 3-4 months ahead of delivery. They expect to ramp up very rapidly, that calls for a rapid confirmation process.

If they are successful in reaching their targeted rate why would they slow down the confirmation process with a large backlog of reservations?

You are in control. If by the time they get to you, and you if you fail to see the deliveries ramping up fast enough to allay your concerns, you can simply defer your reservation until the backlog is reduced to a number of months that you are comfortable with.

Larry

@Mkent and Larry, my calculations are/were for mid April delivery (making some assumptions for 20k/yr run rate by the end of this year and few cancellations/deferrals). But with all these finalize orders coming in... it just had me wondering what are they truly capable of.

I have the patience, but I'm beginning to think many of us will be pleasantly surprised and soon. :)

@Mkent and Larry, my calculations are/were for mid April delivery (making some assumptions for 20k/yr run rate by the end of this year and few cancellations/deferrals). But with all these finalize orders coming in... it just had me wondering what are they truly capable of.

I have the patience, but I'm beginning to think many of us will be pleasantly surprised and soon. :)

You should know soon if they are ramping up production so even if you get your e-mail in late September, you'll have until late October to finalize. The wait is almost over. Good luck.

Wow Greg,

That's quite a reversal in outlook. :-o

It's good to see that you're more optimistic than a few posts ago. :wink:

Larry

My P# is around 9000. Tesla folks at the Get Amped tour were estimating May/June 2013 delivery which was in line with the original estimate when I reserved.

I'm thinking now that Tesla is ramping to produce 5000 per quarter in Q4. If they get even close to that, I think I'm going to see a March delivery.

I don't think I'm going to see delivery significantly sooner than that because that will require adding a second shift to the factory. It takes time to hire and train those guys so the earliest I'd expect to see a functional second shift would be January and a realistic estimate is probably March. That's if they start hiring now and I don't know that they are. So a more realistic estimate for a second shift is probably Q2 of next year.

> Maybe, just maybe, Elon and crew have been sand bagging on us. [SCW-Greg]

I have not read enough to support the assumption that a significant ramp-up is possible. But I do not read everything, I admit.
Someone said: "NA content = 60%". I assume that means weight, which mostly would mean batteries from Japan. Assume again this is fresh, highest tech batts, how can this be ramped up bigtime?? Maybe everything else can arrive 'just in time' but the batts?? Is anyone tracking this item??
--

Someone said: "NA content = 60%".

It's based on costs, not weight. The cells come from Japan but the battery is assembled in Fremont. There's a lot more to the battery than just the cells, there's also the cooling and the electronics.

In addition, the brakes, steering gear, and air suspension come from Europe and the display and computer parts come from Asia. All those are fairly expensive components.