Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yay! For going Green! Hmm... with Gray Leather; that's interesting and dare I say bold!

This is the very first car I've owned where I've been able to pick the color. It was the first decision I made! As for interior, my wife's car is black leather, and this summer, she baked cookies on her dashboard (Seriously. They were delicious.). My grandpa had a car with tan leather interior, almost the same color as the Tesla. The color brought back too many memories of old people. Ergo, I basically defaulted to the grey. I'm hoping it'll also be the easiest color to keep clean (at least the appearance of clean). I've got a two-year-old daughter, and another one on the way, so appearance of cleanliness is important!!

Just as an FYI, sometime in July or August, I had talked to my rep and made a mention that I had not heard from anyone in weeks regarding when to configure my car. He looked at my account and said "wait a minute, something doesn't look right ... oh, wait ... there is a glitch here ... you can go ahead an finalize now.

Now, this is at a time when the website was having lots of problems, so I do not know if it was as a result of this, or just inherent to the finalize system.

Word to the wise: if you think you should have finalized, but haven't, give someone a gentle nudge-type call and ask.

Since posting yesterday morning, I am almost set on a configuration.

Here is what I am thinking for mine:

Black, 85 non-performance, pano roof, tech package, 19" wheels, tan leather, sound package, air suspension, parcel shelf, paint armor, dual charger, HPWC and I have searched the forums and haven't found any new posts on this subject.

So, I will ask here and see if anyone can help on the final decision - Matte or Gloss Obeche Wood? ( I am about two hours to the closest Tesla store and don't like making the drive this weekend) I am leaning toward Gloss finish but heard from a Tesla rep the Matte has some great coloring in the sun.

Since posting yesterday morning, I am almost set on a configuration.

Black, 85 non-performance, pano roof, tech package, 19" wheels, tan leather, sound package, air suspension, parcel shelf, paint armor, dual charger, HPWC and I have searched the forums and haven't found any new posts on this subject.

So, I will ask here and see if anyone can help on the final decision - Matte or Gloss Obeche Wood? ( I am about two hours to the closest Tesla store and don't like making the drive this weekend) I am leaning toward Gloss finish but heard from a Tesla rep the Matte has some great coloring in the sun.
same question here but leaning towards the gloss finishwith tan interior

The gloss finish brings out the brown in the obeche; the matte is grayer (at least in the samples I've seen). So, I'd be inclined to go with gloss obeche with the tan interior, but matte with the gray or black.

FWIW, Elon's personal car has gloss obeche.

I (P#7,324) got my time to finalize email and clicked through all of the buttons and I'm now waiting for my paper work to sign. Super excited.

Thanks to this thread I did a more detailed scrub of my finances the other day to make sure all is in order. I probably could have gotten by with the 85kWh pack but it would have been completely unnecessary for me and I no longer feel like going back to my just getting by college days.

My config:
Blue, 60kWh Body Roof, 19", tan leather, piano black interior, Sound Studio, Active Air Suspension, parcel shelf, supercharging

Estimated window of Feb - Mar 2013

Last edited:
Just got my finalize email. About 1 minute ago. #7,701!

From my non-iPhone

I (P#7,324) got my time to finalize email and clicked through all of the buttons and I'm now waiting for my paper work to sign. Super excited.

Thanks to this thread I did a more detailed scrub of my finances the other day to make sure all is in order. I probably could have gotten by with the 85kWh pack but it would have been completely unnecessary for me and I no longer feel like going back to my just getting by college days.

My config:
Blue, 60kWh Body Roof, 19", tan leather, piano black interior, Sound Studio, Active Air Suspension, parcel shelf, supercharging

Dang I got that email and my inner cheapskate came out. I immediately thought to myself "that $5000 deposit will buy almost half of a new Versa". No worries though I am still getting my Model S, I am ignoring that voice. But I am seriously rethinking all of my options. The only thing I am convinced of is White on Black and Tech package. Everything else is all of the sudden in doubt. Hopefully today or tomorrow I will confirm that USAA still wants to give me a bunch of money for this purchase. And then I can talk with the wife and figure out what I want.