Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P179 Can just finalized: Blue, Tan, Obeche Gloss, Air, Tech, Pano, Supercharger ***edit forgot 60 kWh

I didn't received an email to ask to finalize. ( thanks to whoever said that he is looking multiple times a day in hi My Tesla page, right after I went an the button displayed had changed and included FINALIZE, it was not like that his am)

Mine said March/April 2013 delivery which is perfect timing for the warm weather to come back and after the winter tires are mandatory

No email for me either. Just noticed the finalize button and went for it immediately. I confirmed my options and it said March/April delivery. I then almost immediately received an email saying the following:

"Your Model S Performance Order
We are preparing your paperwork

Thanks for submitting your order. We will notify you by email in about one business day when your Pre-Delivery Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement is ready."

Here is my config: Canadian p232 with P85, Blue, Black interior, Tech, 21" silver, Obeche Matte, air susp, sound, twin chargers, rear jump seats, pano. I reserved Nov. 2011 so was hoping Canadian orders would get some love soon! Can't wait!

I seriously doubt that. P13,306 here and didn't get any notice and no finalize button.

Typo! sorry! I was so excited I typo'd.

Screen Shot 2012-12-20 at 5.59.36 PM.png

Never got a chance. I upgraded from the 60 on the 11th and they said maybe in 2012. When I called back a week later they said January. Today I asked a question about prepaying some before getting the car and they told me February. I'm a little bummed the guy who showed me the car wasn't around a week before but hey, that's life.

February? Did you respond YES to the 'do you want delivery in December' email?

Reseration #: RN027864
Contact date: 2012-12-04
Est. Delivery date: 2012-12-15 (Delivered)
Optional Comments: P85, Blue, Pana, 21" Silver, Tan interior, Obeche gloss, Tech, Sound Studio, Parcel shelf, Twin Chargers, Paint armor, VIN 2201.
It was looking like we wouldn't get it until Jan, but I guess the P85 and other extras sealed the deal.
Folks just can't stop asking questions about it... My wife, HoneyBug, has had someone wave to her to roll down her window. They were amazed
it is 100% electric!

- - - Updated - - -

The folks at the factory in Fremont said the Parcel shelf would be a few weeks.
They also said the Twin Chargers passed final UL certification and should start production very soon.
That was on Sat. Dec 15.

My finalize button is active (#12,198). I just e-mailed Tesla to ask if changing from blue to red will lead to a delay. Does anyone know? The last I saw, Tesla will start producing the standard red in March or April, which would be about when my car is built.

I don't think anyone knows, but my guess would be the 60 kW version will have a slow ramp up as well. Assuming red is in production by that time, I don't see how that would delay things.