Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

latest (July) Tesla price changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry i meant to post

Just sent this email will wait to see response massive saving hopefully, ordered P3+ ,White Pearl and Black interior -

After looking at the changes on the Tesla UK website this morning the prices have changed and my ordered car is now by my calculations £4600.00 less, can you confirm that the invoice will be adjusted or will I need to cancel the order.
Just spoke to Tesla, they confirmed my Invoice will be adjusted automatically to reflect the new price when the final invoice is created. I already have a confirmed VIN

I gotta say, I'm a bit miffed by all of this and unsure what to do.

If the LR/AWD (non-performance) has been available with free white paint when we first ordered, it's what we'd have got. We ended up with P- in red (which is the dream colour) as it wasn't much more than white (our second choice).

I'm still happy paying for red, as we're settled on that, but the spec is killing me.

Change the order and get the Performance Pack for only ~£500? Or switch to LR/AWD for an enormous saving? I'm honestly not too fussed to skip the spoiler, big uncomfortable wheels, etc... but I feel like a mug paying only £500 less and getting none of those!

Arrrrgh! Why you do this, Tesla?

Reactions: djgillett
I gotta say, I'm a bit miffed by all of this and unsure what to do.

If the LR/AWD (non-performance) has been available with free white paint when we first ordered, it's what we'd have got. We ended up with P- in red (which is the dream colour) as it wasn't much more than white (our second choice).

I'm still happy paying for red, as we're settled on that, but the spec is killing me.

Change the order and get the Performance Pack for only ~£500? Or switch to LR/AWD for an enormous saving? I'm honestly not too fussed to skip the spoiler, big uncomfortable wheels, etc... but I feel like a mug paying only £500 less and getting none of those!

Arrrrgh! Why you do this, Tesla?

I think you really have to go up or down here from P- to avoid losing out on residuals. As I had chosen white, my P+ is actually £900 LESS now than the P- I had on order!

I think you really have to go up or down here from P- to avoid losing out on residuals. As I had chosen white, my P+ is actually £900 LESS now than the P- I had on order!

That's the problem - I don't really want the P+ package as the wheels are less comfortable, don't want lowered body, and don't want the spoiler. I am quite sold on the performance though!

Seems the P- has gone from being the king of all deals to the worst value option. :(

That's the problem - I don't really want the P+ package as the wheels are less comfortable, don't want lowered body, and don't want the spoiler. I am quite sold on the performance though!

Seems the P- has gone from being the king of all deals to the worst value option. :(

You can change the wheels at some point, the spolier seems to be removable and even if not it is tiny....nothing you can do with the lowered body though...:)

I'd definitely go for the P+...(well that's what I did in the first instance to be honest..)

I’m with you on this !
But i think they’re doing this on purpose to get rid of the P- orders...

Possibly this was all an experiment to test the appetite for a Performance software upgrade in the future... ;-)

Spoiler will be easy to delete. Wheels are easy enough to change (factory 19" will fit and some aftermarket 18") and 20" should be easy enough to sell on. Springs also changeable at some cost. But all adds a bit of hassle compared to a P-

I expect the P- spec will reappear at some point if you can hold on. The now inclusive performance upgrade package is showing as a £2,050 line item on my new order agreement, implying that it is still an option in theory.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rooster6655

I recon there will be a paid aftermarket software upgrade option on the AWD to increase the performance back up to P- levels. The question is are you prepared to take that risk ( and how much will it be!)