Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
adjective

1. designed to resist the penetration of bullets.
    "a bulletproof vest"

Emphasis on design. Metal will stop 9mm and someone will be testing it in just a few months. Glass might get upgraded later?
Tesla is known for *cutting costs* not massively adding costs for dubious benefits. They dont care one bit about the Model 3 / Y / X / S windshields breaking but the much much larger CT windshield (at a likely lower msrp than the X) will get ultra fancy "break resistent" glass "later on" to increase costs ?

Reactions: TessP100D
Just like they “skipped” the 500+ miles Model S Plaid+ as well 🤣 absent of any new battery breakthrough… I doubt the cybertruck could currently even accommodate a battery that large without severely restricting payload…. 350 miles EPA and quad-motor sounds nice but that won’t be cheap. Likely over $90k as starting variant…
Range is King. It’s 500 miles of range or bust.

I guess all the BS I heard and read about for the over hyped Battery Day was just that. BS

Cybertruck may be LHD only. S/X sold in UK as LHD only now. Future variant could have no wheel.
that tweet ... "it's huge". lol. Isn't it the same footprint as a mundane F150 ? The best selling truck in North America? Wait until these "non truck experts" see a F350 dually with a modest lift. lol. Or an F150 Raptor. "huge!!!"

future variant without a wheel... sure. Level 5 autonomy. Totally not likely within this product life cycle of the current CyberTruck... We are still sitting at Level 2 ... not even hands-free L2.

Range is King. It’s 500 miles of range or bust.

I guess all the BS I heard and read about for the over hyped Battery Day was just that. BS
yeah. I doubt they are technically able to fit a battery pack that large into the truck... the Silverado EV with 400-450 miles targeted EPA needs a 200kwh pack and comes in at 8,500 lbs (...) stainless steels is heavier and those castings aren't particularly thin and lightweight either... so a 500+ miles Cybertruck would clock in at potentially 9,000 lbs...

that tweet ... "it's huge". lol. Isn't it the same footprint as a mundane F150 ? The best selling truck in North America? Wait until these "non truck experts" see a F350 dually with a modest lift. lol. Or an F150 Raptor. "huge!!!"

future variant without a wheel... sure. Level 5 autonomy. Totally not likely within this product life cycle of the current CyberTruck... We are still sitting at Level 2 ... not even hands-free L2.
Well said. The Fraud that is FSD continues.

Well said. The Fraud that is FSD continues.
I have driven many F350 Dually’s, many F250 crew cab 4x4 Super Duty‘s. Currently driving a new F150 4x4. It’s not Hugh. It’s perfect. There’s a reason the F150 is THE TRUCK. Incredible comfort, great engine and transmission with all the features and QUALITY you would want. The CT is the same size as the F150, plus or minus. It’s not huge. anybody who says it’s to big either is not a truck guy or drives one of those little toy trucks.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Is that Truck going to a customer or is it a Preproduction Truck and they are now testing the line and working out all the kinks? Now the Cybertruck looks the same size as the first gen Tundra.

No way to tell.
No vehicles will be delivered until prices are announced. After that, funding will need to be transferred before the first CT is handed off to a customer. I bet that event will be recorded and televised, if not streamed in real time on Twitter.

Until then, we are still in a holding pattern.

lol. "mother of all clues". how?

*somewhat* expensive is like saying a comparable Cybertruck will be *somewhat* cheaper. Now how much is *somewhat* ? $3k ? $5k ? $10k ?

also compared to what? F150 Lightning Pro in work trim with standard battery starts at $49k and goes all the way to $92k in the Limited w/ extended battery ... that's a huge range. Heck the 320 miles EPA XLT trim AWD is now starting at $69k.

Ford isn't offering quad-motors or ~350 miles of range ... so until we see Tesla's specs and pricing ... it might well be there isn't a comparable Lightning for a Cybertruck. And Elon could easily claim that a 320 miles dual motor Lightning is *somewhat expensive* for $70k but a quad motor Cybertruck with 350 miles of range for $80k is a great deal...

lol. "mother of all clues". how?

*somewhat* expensive is like saying a comparable Cybertruck will be *somewhat* cheaper. Now how much is *somewhat* ? $3k ? $5k ? $10k ?

also compared to what? F150 Lightning Pro in work trim with standard battery starts at $49k and goes all the way to $92k in the Limited w/ extended battery ... that's a huge range. Heck the 320 miles EPA XLT trim AWD is now starting at $69k.

Ford isn't offering quad-motors or ~350 miles of range ... so until we see Tesla's specs and pricing ... it might well be there isn't a comparable Lightning for a Cybertruck. And Elon could easily claim that a 320 miles dual motor Lightning is *somewhat expensive* for $70k but a quad motor Cybertruck with 350 miles of range for $80k is a great deal...
Farzad heard your insightful question:

yeah.... 350 miles of range for ~$60k and available at launch? I believe when i see it...

not sure why Farzad is seen as this authority here when he doesn't work for Tesla and has made questionable projections over and over again...
"Robotaxis in 2024 CONFIRMED?" (Sep 2022)

he lives for clicks and views and hence the clickbait and teasers... meanwhile as of now Tesla hasn't revealed any pricing or specs... but Elon has eluded multiple times that the cybertruck will be more $$$ and very hard to make cheap

I won’t be a robo vendor therefore I’m ok with HW3, but like today with Uber and Lyft, if the guidance for robo is HW4, I can see a lot of people making that purchase
Uber/Lyft owners today spend a lot of money on their rigs