Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SS will require less repair. FSD will reduce need for repair. Windshield is tough and at a shallow angle. Tesla insurance will be low cost.
There's no basis for this.

All Teslas (even more specifically, all EVs) are more expensive to insure because repairs are much more expensive, the CT will be more so. And even if the window doesn't brake often, the cost is what will dictate the premium. FSD doesn't lower the insurance at all.

Replacement cost estimates for that monster windshield… Over/under $2k ?
It doesn't crack though. Remember?
1689537667758.png

Of course, insurance companies may charge more because you're more likely to have folks try this to your truck in parking lots.
:)

If the Windshield is very expensive to replace ins. companies will just raise premiums across the board for the Truck. If Tesla is using Alon for the Glass that stuff is expensive. The cost is around 10 to 15 dollars per square inch. If Tesla used the Glass for the Cybertruck I would be willing to bet that just the glass for the Truck would cost 20K

There's no basis for this.

All Teslas (even more specifically, all EVs) are more expensive to insure because repairs are much more expensive, the CT will be more so. And even if the window doesn't brake often, the cost is what will dictate the premium. FSD doesn't lower the insurance at all.
And these large frame casting pieces are beneficial for production etc. but could add insurance costs related to accident repairs.

From my experience, today's version of FSD increases risk of accidents. The FSD equivalent might be a bad driver playing chicken with traffic only to correct himself at the last second in order to declare himself a safe driver.

Last edited:
It doesn't crack though. Remember?
View attachment 956772

Of course, insurance companies may charge more because you're more likely to have folks try this to your truck in parking lots.
:)
Lol. Yeah. I don’t think Elon has confirmed what material the front windshield is made out of… last I read was that it’ll be a traditional windshield and not some bulletproof whatever 🤣

If the Windshield is very expensive to replace ins. companies will just raise premiums across the board for the Truck. If Tesla is using Alon for the Glass that stuff is expensive. The cost is around 10 to 15 dollars per square inch. If Tesla used the Glass for the Cybertruck I would be willing to bet that just the glass for the Truck would cost 20K
My guess is that they won’t use Alon given the very high costs and teslas propensity to cut costs for nice fat margins.

SS will require less repair.

We don't have any historical data on SS repairs ... because no automaker has used SS since ... DeLorean?

FSD will reduce need for repair.

How so?
An over-hyped form of AP will simply total the cars in accidents?

Windshield is tough and at a shallow angle.

That maybe a factor if you are expecting to be on the receiving end of gunfire. But most other objects come in on a ballistic trajectory, and a larger surface area of a huge CT windshield will simply be a larger target area.

Tesla insurance will be low cost.

And pigs will fly?

Every single part of CT exterior will be custom, not off-the-shelf, and not likely to be available outside of Tesla's opaque supply-chain. Especially the glass.
Substantial insurance premiums over all other EVs are the only logical outcome.

adjective

1. designed to resist the penetration of bullets.
    "a bulletproof vest"

Emphasis on design. Metal will stop 9mm and someone will be testing it in just a few months. Glass might get upgraded later?
There are different levels to bullet resistance which are rated by the caliber it can take and how any shots. Bulletproof vest came from video games and movies, they have a rating as well, but can still be penetrated by bullets.

Who knows if it will actually carry a BR level, but I doubt it. Thr stainless should absolutely be able to stop a few 9mm.

Reactions: Buckminster