Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you looked into the mirror lately?
Yep.
Saw a guy who placed a deposit on CT. For a reason.

If you don't get why someone would want one, go picket Tesla HQ for wasting resources on engineering useless vehicles.
Do get off this forum, and stop wasting your time lecturing CT reservation holders on why they made a bad decision to buy a vehicle they don't really need.
Since some internet rando knows better what we all should want or need.

🥂

The CT does not have that. It's displayed on the main screen at the top.
So you have to look down instead of where you have looked in every other car since you have been able to drive. I stand by my comment of it would have been nice to have one in the normal place. The backup cam view from the bumper or trunk lid is different than what you are used to in a rear view mirror. Mostly you see more but it’s down low so not always as helpful.

So you have to look down instead of where you have looked in every other car since you have been able to drive. I stand by my comment of it would have been nice to have one in the normal place. The backup cam view from the bumper or trunk lid is different than what you are used to in a rear view mirror. Mostly you see more but it’s down low so not always as helpful.
I'm just saying what is in the truck. It may be nice to have, but Tesla won't be providing it.

I think some haven’t been a in a truck for quite sometime.

Ride quality in trucks nowadays is luxury like, it’s not rough or uncomfortable. For Families, have plenty of space for grown kids is only rivaled by Minivans, SUVs don’t cut it unless of course it’s a TRUCK based SUV.

On top of that, having the bed to throw all kinds of crap in is unrivaled even by Minivans.

I’m not sure where all this negativity for Trucks come from but there are Trucks for all your needs and I think Tesla will eventually make a true Work truck, stripped of everything for more Range and utility.

I’m not sure where all this negativity for Trucks come from but there are Trucks for all your needs and I think Tesla will eventually make a true Work truck, stripped of everything for more Range and utility.

FWIW I haven't seen "negativity for trucks"

I've seen fact-based information showing most people who buy them don't do the "truck things" a few in this thread are convinced are THE ONLY REASON TO BUY A TRUCK.

In reality only a minority of truck buyers purchase to tow or go off-road. That doesn't mean the small % that do those things don't do them, it doesn't even mean that being able to MARKET those abilities to the majority who will never use them isn't valuable for a truck.

But the idea nobody will buy one if it can't do ALL THE TRUCK THINGS SUPER GREAT is simply not reflected in how most people who actually buy trucks actually use them.

Most of them use them on city streets, with nothing being towed. A surprisingly high % of those people even do it with an empty bed.

Maybe they like the IDEA they COULD do those things even if they don't.... As someone else mentioned maybe they like the high view- I personally know two women who both drive pickups and specifically cite that exact thing as why-- even though neither has ever towed anything.

LOTS of people (the majority) buy trucks for reasons other than what a few folks here imagine are the only reasons people buy trucks is the point.

I've seen fact-based information showing most people who buy them don't do the "truck things" a few in this thread are convinced are THE ONLY REASON TO BUY A TRUCK.

In reality only a minority of truck buyers purchase to tow or go off-road. That doesn't mean the small % that do those things don't do them, it doesn't even mean that being able to MARKET those abilities to the majority who will never use them isn't valuable for a truck.

But the idea nobody will buy one if it can't do ALL THE TRUCK THINGS SUPER GREAT is simply not reflected in how most people who actually buy trucks actually use them.

Most of them use them on city streets, with nothing being towed. A surprisingly high % of those people even do it with an empty bed.

Maybe they like the IDEA they COULD do those things even if they don't.... As someone else mentioned maybe they like the high view- I personally know two women who both drive pickups and specifically cite that exact thing as why-- even though neither has ever towed anything.

LOTS of people (the majority) buy trucks for reasons other than what a few folks here imagine are the only reasons people buy trucks is the point.
Most truck buyers will rarely even throw anything in the back as “it may scratch the bed” lol. Hauling mulch doesn’t require “truck” specs.

This is true, but that percentage is not that high.