Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting excited to see what the pricing and options will be.

How much longer until we get that information?
This and counting IMG_0849.jpeg

It's not.

But it is.

That corolla nonsense was debunked repeatedly soon after it came out (over a month ago)-- even the comments on YOUR link is people mostly pointing this out....

He provides no source in the story other than "I asked toyota- trust me bro!" but no actual citation given and it doesn't line up with Corolla #s reported in any other source, anywhere, ever. Not by a factor of like 3x for quarterly sales.

We can corroborate the fact his 740k Corollas sold in Q1 is insane BS looking at things like this:

2022 entire year Corolla sales were 1.12 million.

But he claims they just sold about 2/3rds of that number in JUST Q1.

Nonsense. That would mean they'd be on track to sell about 3 million corollas in 2023. Which is almost triple the # they sold last year-- this would be especially weird since every story about corolla mentions DECLINING sales (also they don't physically have the factories to MAKE 3 million of them- let alone 740k of them in ONE quarter).

Further-

This shows Toyotas ENTIRE production of ALL vehicles in a single month was just under 900k, sales slightly over 900k.

From the first link we know they sell roughly 225k Rav4s a quarter, and roughly 170k Camrys per quarter.

From the 2022 data it SHOULD be roughly 280k if you pretend sales aren't declining for the corolla (which they are so likely more like 240-250k). Not 740k. In fact let's check this math further-

For 740k corollas in one quarter to be right we'd have to believe like 1 in every 3.7 vehicles Toyota sells is a Corolla- and that it outsells any other Toyota vehicle almost 4:1.

That's hilariously bad math even for TSLAQ my dude.

Last edited:
But it is.

That corolla nonsense was debunked repeatedly soon after it came out (over a month ago)-- even the comments on YOUR link is people mostly pointing this out.... the # he claims for "corolla" sales in Q1 alone is 3/4 of what Toyota stated they sell for an entire year.

He provides no source in the story other than "I asked toyota- trust me bro!" but no actual citation given and it doesn't line up with Corolla #s reported in any other source, anywhere, ever. Not by a factor of like 3x for quarterly sales.
Right. Even some Tesla hating sites, like Car and Driver agree that the MY is the best selling car in the world.

But it is.

That corolla nonsense was debunked repeatedly soon after it came out (over a month ago)-- even the comments on YOUR link is people mostly pointing this out....

We can corroborate the fact his 740k Corollas sold in Q1 is insane BS looking at things like this:

2022 entire year Corolla sales were 1.12 million.

But he claims they just sold about 2/3rds of that number in JUST Q1.

Nonsense. That would mean they'd be on track to sell about 3 million corollas in 2023. Which is almost triple the # they sold last year-- this would be especially weird since every story about corolla mentions DECLINING sales (also they don't physically have the factories to MAKE 3 million of them- let alone 740k of them in ONE quarter).

Further-

This shows Toyotas ENTIRE production of ALL vehicles in a single month was just under 900k, sales slightly over 900k.

From the first link we know they sell roughly 225k Rav4s a quarter, and roughly 170k Camrys per quarter.

From the 2022 data it SHOULD be roughly 280k if you pretend sales aren't declining for the corolla (which they are so likely more like 240-250k). Not 740k. In fact let's check this math further-

For 740k corollas in one quarter to be right we'd have to believe like 1 in every 3.7 vehicles Toyota sells is a Corolla- and that it outsells any other Toyota vehicle almost 4:1.

That's hilariously bad math even for TSLAQ my dude.

Fair points. That author appears to be an idiot.

But also a lot of "trust me, bro" on the MY sales since Tesla won't break them out from 3 sales.

I could care less about towing in an EV pickup, or going off-road in a CT. I just want a truck that I can throw my Milwaukee Packout in and drive to work. For me the CT is a win. My Model Y has served my job needs fine, but getting all the tools in the hatch is tight. The CT will solve that, and I never intend to tow a boat or go off-road. I do however, want to keep the fast performance that I’ve come to know and love with Tesla. It’s not a “lifestyle” vehicle as you put it.. it’s a better functioning, more capable version of the Tesla that I have now. All the “truck” stuff is irrelevant to me.
Maybe Scooby is not ‘’a truck guy‘’. maybe Scooby just likes Teslas.

Ill be converting from a MY also, but different for it will be a lifestyle vehicle for my family and I. For years we have been throwing two kayaks in the back of our Landcruisers and dune racing. MY held us over, but soon we will be back to the beach.

Different strokes for different folks
You and I are more alike than you think! We don’t want a CT for towing or off-road activity.. we want the CT for its ability to carry the cargo! I for one have been really wanting a Tesla with air suspension. That is a big selling point for me more than anything. The coil springs in the Y don’t provide a very smooth ride. I had a Model X loaner for a few days a while back and man was it an amazing experience. The model X specific features were cool and all (falcon wing doors, auto opening driver/passenger doors, front glass that goes all the way up and over etc), but the most stand out feature for my wife and I was the quality of the ride with the air suspension. It was extremely noticeable how bad my model Y feels after driving the X.

Maybe Scooby is not ‘’a truck guy‘’. maybe Scooby just likes Teslas.
I don’t have any issues with trucks. Never been super for or against them. Trucks are a common vehicle in my line of work and I completely understand why people love them. It’s interesting to note though, I never considered a truck until the CT, Rivian R1T, and Ford F-150 Lightning became a reality. The EV aspect is what has me interested. ICE trucks have never held my interest.

good thing they have a great track record and ability to assemble vehicle parts to ultra tight specs ... (sarcasm)

joke aside - if in fact this is true... the CT will be quite costly to manufacture and assemble ... compared to "within spec" Model 3 / Y / S / X
Quite costly indeed. I don’t think the CT will be cheap once the price/specs are released. I honestly think that it’s going to be more in line with Model S/X prices than 3/Y. Stainless steel, air suspension etc.. yeah, this is going to be an $80k (minimum) vehicle. Especially when you consider the current market and R1T/Lightning prices… Lots of people expecting a $50k CT are going to be very upset in the coming weeks.

Reactions: cusetownusa