Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He already has a bet that it ways more than the hummer EV...not sure he can afford another one. ;)

Nope. I already lost my 99 cents on that one….

Yup more than 5 inches….. enormous…

IMG_0240.jpeg

Reactions: TessP100D
According to the fanboys it was supposed to have massive storage, so yes, I was expecting a Ridgeline size storage space there, like everyone else but again everyone will move the goal post and say how awesome it is 🤣🤣

Who are these "fanboys" that said there was going to be a massive storage under the bed? Besides rumours, I have yet to see anything official about pretty much anything on this truck. Or you just doing your normal trolling? I still can't figure out why you spend so much time here when you clearly hate everything about it.

Who are these "fanboys" that said there was going to be a massive storage under the bed? Besides rumours, I have yet to see anything official about pretty much anything on this truck. Or you just doing your normal trolling? I still can't figure out why you spend so much time here when you clearly hate everything about it.
They hang out with this guy...
images(15).jpg

Criticizing is not hating smh…… I give the CT its flowers when it deserves it, like when it meets the expectations it was given.

Should I be praising it for less than expected features?

I posted a picture of storage and said 3 inches, then all the fan boys get all riled up making bets on the actually depth 🤣🤣🤣

Criticizing is not hating smh…… I give the CT its flowers when it deserves it, like when it meets the expectations it was given.

Should I be praising it for less than expected features?

You are "criticizing" things that no one knows yet, so yes that is hating.

I.e. Weighs more than a hummer EV. Smaller than a tacoma, under bed storage under 3 inches, too expensive, not enough range. etc.

We literally know none of the above, so how is any of that criticizing? I can see being concerned of these things, but to talk about them as fact to "criticize", is simply hating/trolling.

For me, I am not sold on the looks alone, but it all comes down to price and the features/specs that come with that price. If the value is anywhere close to the reveal day pricing, then to me the truck will look a lot better. If it is R1T/Silverado/etc. type pricing, then it is a no go for me.

You are "criticizing" things that no one knows yet, so yes that is hating.

I.e. Weighs more than a hummer EV. Smaller than a tacoma, under bed storage under 3 inches, too expensive, not enough range. etc.

We literally know none of the above, so how is any of that criticizing? I can see being concerned of these things, but to talk about them as fact to "criticize", is simply hating/trolling.

For me, I am not sold on the looks alone, but it all comes down to price and the features/specs that come with that price. If the value is anywhere close to the reveal day pricing, then to me the truck will look a lot better. If it is R1T/Silverado/etc. type pricing, then it is a no go for me.

I agree with you 100%

Every day it is looking like the production CT will dramatically miss the expectations that were set at the launch. We probably aren't going to get 500 miles of range. Prices will likely be higher. The frunk is going to be smaller than the F-150. I'm worried about whether there will be enough AC outlets including a 240V/30A that is standard on the F-150. Tailgate ramp is gone. 6 seat config is gone. Sail storage is gone. Interior will be the new vinyl everywhere stalkless garbage. On the plus side, 4 wheel steering has been added.

I think a lot of the angst on this board are people coming to terms (or not) with the above reality.

My local Ford dealer has a Lightning Platinum on the lot for $80,638 and a Lariat for $65,934. The interior of that truck is WAY nicer than anything Tesla will put in the CT. I was sure that the CT would blow the Lightning out of the water but I'm not seeing it. I am glad I didn't follow through on my original Lightning order as the discounts now are great. My dealer was going to sell my original order at MSRP but that Platinum above has $6,100 dealer discount and $7,500 manufacturer discount now.

Every day it is looking like the production CT will dramatically miss the expectations that were set at the launch. We probably aren't going to get 500 miles of range. Prices will likely be higher. The frunk is going to be smaller than the F-150. I'm worried about whether there will be enough AC outlets including a 240V/30A that is standard on the F-150. Tailgate ramp is gone. 6 seat config is gone. Sail storage is gone. Interior will be the new vinyl everywhere stalkless garbage. On the plus side, 4 wheel steering has been added.

I think a lot of the angst on this board are people coming to terms (or not) with the above reality.

My local Ford dealer has a Lightning Platinum on the lot for $80,638 and a Lariat for $65,934. The interior of that truck is WAY nicer than anything Tesla will put in the CT. I was sure that the CT would blow the Lightning out of the water but I'm not seeing it. I am glad I didn't follow through on my original Lightning order as the discounts now are great. My dealer was going to sell my original order at MSRP but that Platinum above has $6,100 dealer discount and $7,500 manufacturer discount now.
yeah... you can pretty much pick up a decked out Lightning in Lariat trim for ~$70k these days. AWD and it does get actual 320 miles of range on the road.... not a bad deal at all.

And this right here is why there should be more “hate” to what Tesla is putting out. It’ll make them put out a better product.

As of right now, Tesla knows their fans will buy whatever they put out, for example the new Model 3, it’s the same Model 3 with forum mods from factory.

But we don’t know the specs yet, we only know what we see and what we are not being told.

Only a hand full of people like the CT from the unveiling and slowly they accepted what was presented. Same will happen here, people will justify the standard even though we know there could have been something far better that would have truly put the truck industry on its toes.

And this right here is why there should be more “hate” to what Tesla is putting out. It’ll make them put out a better product.

As of right now, Tesla knows their fans will buy whatever they put out, for example the new Model 3, it’s the same Model 3 with forum mods from factory.

But we don’t know the specs yet, we only know what we see and what we are not being told.

Only a hand full of people like the CT from the unveiling and slowly they accepted what was presented. Same will happen here, people will justify the standard even though we know there could have been something far better that would have truly put the truck industry on its toes.
in defense of the Highland Model 3 - and going by available reviews - it is more refined and with improvements where it really matters.... sound proofing, suspension slightly better, less wind noise ... but yeah... it's not a new car. at least the price is *VERY* competitive and you are pressed hard to find a better value EV with similar specs. Now with the Cybertruck I'm very skeptical in terms of specs/ value

I think the Model 3 Highlander is better looking than the current Model 3. A few companies are betting on the payload capacity of the Cybertruck to be close to the 3,500 lb mark. The Cyberlander has a dry weight of 1200 lbs. How much weight will that lid for the storage compartment in the Bed be able to support?

I think the Model 3 Highlander is better looking than the current Model 3. A few companies are betting on the payload capacity of the Cybertruck to be close to the 3,500 lb mark. The Cyberlander has a dry weight of 1200 lbs. How much weight will that lid for the storage compartment in the Bed be able to support?
Cyberlander isn't real, yet. They can't make it until they know the dimensions of the CT. They have no clue if the tailgate can support it.

lol. not if the battery is ~120+ kwh and the vehicle already weighs empty close to 7k lbs... you ain't getting 2x the payload of the R1T and +1k lbs more than the F150 Lightning...