Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only on the launch version, if you're talking about sail storage. Many have said the RCs don't have it anymore. If that's what you're referring to.

There isn't sail storage on the model in the video.

Oh, did they remove the sail storage? That's a shame, but it would make sense from an ease of production point of view. Plus I can't imagine they wouldn't have been flimsy doors, seemed like an accident waiting to happen.

such whining.
Enjoy your Lightning. It can sit at the dealer for the 1st 4 months of ownership waiting for repair like my friends' but at least you'll be whining about something real and on a different forum.
Maybe, you can keep it parked at home while waiting for parts, sit in it, and enjoy:

thank god "waiting for parts" and waiting for weeks+ for seemingly simple repairs is completely unknown to Tesla owners. lol. C'mon.... repair times and parts waiting isn't something Tesla is known for. Even items like windshields can be a few weeks wait and the SC's are backlogged by weeks-months+ in the DFW area...

Reactions: TessP100D
Jeeze all this frunk size talk is a waste of time. Real men don’t judge others based on the size of their frunk! And while I’ve never driven by a guy and thought about how much bigger my frunk is, I must confess feeling incredible pity for truck drivers with no frunk at all. Maybe in another life they will be lucky enough to have one. We should all pray for those unfortunate frunkless souls.

Seriously, I do love my Lightning and I don’t think less of the CT in any manner. We still have to see final specs and capabilities. The minor difference in frunk sizes is irrelevant (but it must be powered). There are tons of CT features that will be unique e.g. rear steering, telescoping tailgate (if it is still offered). Range and power are still to be determined.

Will the final CT be enough to make me sell my Lightning … well we’ll just have to see. The frunk size will have zilch to do with my decision. Multiple power outlets, ability to power my house are things I need. Looking forward to Nov 30th!

Again, you have a trunk in those.

Have you ever owned a truck? Most put groceries/stuff in the back seat. It's not always the best place when there's 2 kids.

That's why the Lightning Frunk was so lauded.
I've had trucks all my life, mostly Fords, last one was a Raptor, a few F250's, a couple Denalis, 2500HD, etc, can't think of a time I had an issue with groceries ... also we've owned a bunch of Teslas ... If it didn't have a frunk at all I'd still be interested, but it looks like a decent amount of overall volume (considering the height). The frunk in my current S is tiny.

I've had trucks all my life, mostly Fords, last one was a Raptor, a few F250's, a couple Denalis, 2500HD, etc, can't think of a time I had an issue with groceries ... also we've owned a bunch of Teslas ... If it didn't have a frunk at all I'd still be interested, but it looks like a decent amount of overall volume (considering the height). The frunk in my current S is tiny.
when i had my F150 - groceries most definitely went into the cab with folded up rear seats. put groceries into the flat bed and unless you have netting they'll slide around and you have to climb into the bed to retrieve them. that's why the frunk is great... it doesnt take up space in the cab and aren't sliding around in the bed

Highland….. will blow away anything close in price ( within 10K) and Tesla will absolutely kill it with its record m3 sales once avail world wide . Book it ! record sales.

The secretive side …….of all the cybertruck details are a bit frustrating at this point. I guess we’ll know something concrete in four weeks.
🍮🍩
I don’t see any other EV even close to the value of the Model 3, Highlander or not. And that is what I am looking forward to in the Cybertruck. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: cusetownusa
when i had my F150 - groceries most definitely went into the cab with folded up rear seats. put groceries into the flat bed and unless you have netting they'll slide around and you have to climb into the bed to retrieve them. that's why the frunk is great... it doesnt take up space in the cab and aren't sliding around in the bed
Same.

This is the case for most people.

I think the CT frunk is fine. It's a bit larger than the Model S, which is welcome, but not being a tub makes it not great for groceries as it is. Putting a net in would make it work great.

It's odd that people are downplaying the frunk in the CT. It was something that most people said Tesla would beat Ford with, because it's the best aspect of the Lightning.

I guess it would/will be the same about range or anything else. I'm still getting a CT, unless it's a mess with rattles/etc, but it's fine to admit truths that the product has fallen short from the launch in size, specs, storage, features, etc.

Range and Price are the most important, I’m sure they’ll stick what was promised. The frunk was never promised, it was most likely a last minute design change to keep up with the competition like rear steering.

I’m sure it will have storage under the rear seats.
Tesla applied for the patent on its rear steering gearbox in February 2019. What are you using as the competition they were reacting to?

Reactions: jabloomf1230
Tesla applied for the patent on its rear steering gearbox in February 2019. What are you using as the competition they were reacting to?

Hummer EV? There were two patents, the steer by wire was earlier this year

The one you are talking about is power assist if I am not mistaken

And neither of these are for rear steering.

The frunk on a Truck is one of the best feature available.
I'm glad the CT has a relatively small frunk. The big hood on today's pickups, while they may help compensate for concerns of inadequacy for the driver, have a lot of downsides.
For one, they tend to pose a hazard to pedestrians (children especially) as well as small cars because they block the driver's (especially shorter ones) frontal view.
1699053972257.png

It also makes offroad mountain driving tougher when cresting hills. I often have to stop, open the driver door, and look before plunging blindly over a steep hill since there is often no way to see that area from the driver's seat.

That large frontal structure also increases aero drag.

The CT's sloping front looks like it would be an improvement in these areas over most trucks although I can see how that would come at the expense of a large frunk. Since I've never driven a truck with a frunk, although I can see the potential utility, I won't miss it.

I have never once used the frunk on any of my S's nor has my wife on her Y ... just sayin'
While I don’t use my Frunk much, when I do it comes in really handy. I have helped people move and had the rear stuffed with furniture etc to the point where if I opened the hatch, stuff was going to fall out. So we were able to put our overnight luggage in the Frunk and get it out at hotels without bothering anything else. Also it’s more secure than inside the main cabin. One thing about the CT Frunk is that the headlights do not take up some of the width line on the Ford so bigger than people think.

I'm glad the CT has a relatively small frunk. The big hood on today's pickups, while they may help compensate for concerns of inadequacy for the driver, have a lot of downsides.
For one, they tend to pose a hazard to pedestrians (children especially) as well as small cars because they block the driver's (especially shorter ones) frontal view.
View attachment 987729

It also makes offroad mountain driving tougher when cresting hills. I often have to stop, open the driver door, and look before plunging blindly over a steep hill since there is often no way to see that area from the driver's seat.

That large frontal structure also increases aero drag.

The CT's sloping front looks like it would be an improvement in these areas over most trucks although I can see how that would come at the expense of a large frunk. Since I've never driven a truck with a frunk, although I can see the potential utility, I won't miss it.
As many have pointed out here the long dash plus the hood is the same distance of an f150.