Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: outdoors
I'm glad the CT has a relatively small frunk. The big hood on today's pickups, while they may help compensate for concerns of inadequacy for the driver, have a lot of downsides.
For one, they tend to pose a hazard to pedestrians (children especially) as well as small cars because they block the driver's (especially shorter ones) frontal view.
View attachment 987729

It also makes offroad mountain driving tougher when cresting hills. I often have to stop, open the driver door, and look before plunging blindly over a steep hill since there is often no way to see that area from the driver's seat.

That large frontal structure also increases aero drag.

The CT's sloping front looks like it would be an improvement in these areas over most trucks although I can see how that would come at the expense of a large frunk. Since I've never driven a truck with a frunk, although I can see the potential utility, I won't miss it.

I mean if you off roading 24/7 I can see the benefit.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I'm glad the CT has a relatively small frunk. The big hood on today's pickups, while they may help compensate for concerns of inadequacy for the driver, have a lot of downsides.
For one, they tend to pose a hazard to pedestrians (children especially) as well as small cars because they block the driver's (especially shorter ones) frontal view.
View attachment 987729

It also makes offroad mountain driving tougher when cresting hills. I often have to stop, open the driver door, and look before plunging blindly over a steep hill since there is often no way to see that area from the driver's seat.

That large frontal structure also increases aero drag.

The CT's sloping front looks like it would be an improvement in these areas over most trucks although I can see how that would come at the expense of a large frunk. Since I've never driven a truck with a frunk, although I can see the potential utility, I won't miss it.
The low front and large sloping windshield is also going to make it go through windshields like there is no tomorrow in areas that use sand/gravel/salt or for those that regularly drive on gravel roads.

To your Off road point. That is what cameras are for.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: T3SLAROD
The low front and large sloping windshield is also going to make it go through windshields like there is no tomorrow in areas that use sand/gravel/salt or for those that regularly drive on gravel roads.

To your Off road point. That is what cameras are for.
Good point about the gravel and probably bug accumulation. Musk assures us the windscreen is bulletproof though ;-)
As far as salt goes, just like dirt, cameras low and forward enough are likely to get covered very soon. I hope they have washer/wipers on them. Do they even have front ones that can see over a hump?
I don't actually know about cameras offroad as I haven't done much offroad driving in anything with cameras. Some of our work trucks have rear cameras but I've never used then while driving offroad. A reasonable EV truck hasn't come out yet and my old truck is still doing fine.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Good point about the gravel and probably bug accumulation. Musk assures us the windscreen is bulletproof though ;-)
As far as salt goes, just like dirt, cameras low and forward enough are likely to get covered very soon. I hope they have washer/wipers on them. Do they even have front ones that can see over a hump?
I don't actually know about cameras offroad as I haven't done much offroad driving in anything with cameras. Some of our work trucks have rear cameras but I've never used then while driving offroad. A reasonable EV truck hasn't come out yet and my old truck is still doing fine.
Bullet resistant ballistic glass is penetration resistant but still very much chips and cracks. Especially when it comes to sharp objects like gravel.

Front, rear, and side Cameras have become the standard on off road rigs the last 10-15 years.

Glass is not bullet resistant/ bullet proof.

Bullet resistant ballistic glass is penetration resistant but still very much chips and cracks. Especially when it comes to sharp objects like gravel.
I guess you missed both the ;-) wink and the
Good point about the gravel
Front, rear, and side Cameras have become the standard on off road rigs the last 10-15 years.
good to know. I guess I can remain in the seat all the time in my next off-road rig. Assuming, of course, it has wiper/washer.

Reactions: coleAK