Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be nice if CT had outlets in the frunk but a 50A in the bed is a huge improvement over the 30A in the F-150. I hope it has a full 9.6kW inverter. I can easily run my house off of that. Just need a male-male 14-50 cable and can plug into one of the garage outlets that I used for charging (after opening the main breaker to avoid backfeeding the grid of course).
Did you mean 12kW inverter (240*50)? The EVSE 80% derating isn't in play for peak output.

With a thousand spam messages on CT I do hope Ford is paying you well for your grind.
i was just going by the tweet where they admit that the CT has smaller interior dimensions than every other full size truck ... but ... the "spartanic interior" and glass roof will make it so that "perceived dimensions" are larger. not sure what is "perceived" about legroom.... seems like easy to measure in inches etc...

I mean people are really surprised the CT is Tacoma size? Who would have thought lol…..

Now accusations of being a “Ford Mouthpiece” are coming up just as expected instead of looking at the reality that Tesla came up short … no pun intended smh

Again, nothing wrong with that, it’s just competing in a different market and won’t be taking over the Truck market any time soon..

Did you mean 12kW inverter (240*50)? The EVSE 80% derating isn't in play for peak output.
Well, I am thinking about using it for powering my house in case of an outage so the continuous rating is more important. I am not interested in spending thousands of dollars for a dedicated V2H solution - in the past 7 years we have only lost power once and that was for less than a day. I can easily run off of a CT with a 9.6kW inverter for those limited times.

Sadly, When I watched that TFL video they thought it said 2.4kW or something so that would be hugely disappointing. Why install a 14-50 plug when it's only capable of 240V/10A? The Lightning has a 9.6kW inverter - I hope that Tesla can meet that.

Sadly, When I watched that TFL video they thought it said 2.4kW or something so that would be hugely disappointing. Why install a 14-50 plug when it's only capable of 240V/10A?
They said in the video they couldn’t really read it and guessed. They were looking at the same picture someone shared a few pages back. Take a look at that pic and tell me what your read it as.

Well, I am thinking about using it for powering my house in case of an outage so the continuous rating is more important. I am not interested in spending thousands of dollars for a dedicated V2H solution - in the past 7 years we have only lost power once and that was for less than a day. I can easily run off of a CT with a 9.6kW inverter for those limited times.

Sadly, When I watched that TFL video they thought it said 2.4kW or something so that would be hugely disappointing. Why install a 14-50 plug when it's only capable of 240V/10A? The Lightning has a 9.6kW inverter - I hope that Tesla can meet that.
2.4 kW is what one of the 3 prong standard house outlets should be able to support: 20A*120V.
There is text that looks like 2kW, but may have a 1 in front of it.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
My guess it will be the same capacity of their standard solar inverters. 3.8/7.6 kW capacity.
That would be a strange design decision.
Cybertruck is reportly an 800V architecture and Powerwall+/PW3 only support strings up to 550V (600V survivability).
It's possible they changed to a bidirectional charger and can route it to the outlets, though that impacts pass through grid power and fault modes.

Reactions: SilverSp33d3r
Apparently, you've never been involved with manufacturing except, perhaps, as a consumer. Options can be very expensive. It may not have been feasible to do both initially. Note that they tried it out on their high end, low volume line that appeals to those who want to stand out, not their mainstream products that drive their business (3 and Y).
I can find options on many cars. Apparently not Teslas.
ok, if offered without options, Tesla should provide stalks and a real steering wheel.

happy now?